Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Anyone got the odds for the hurling final the weekend

Heard ladbrokes offering Dunloy at evens but dont think that could be right!

Balboa

Quote from: NAG on October 02, 2007, 09:50:16 AM
Anyone got the odds for the hurling final the weekend

Heard ladbrokes offering Dunloy at evens but dont think that could be right!

I cant on to gambling sites at work but i think i saw somewhere they are both 10/11 or evens.

girt_giggler

Toals:

Loughgiel 5/6
Dunloy 5/6

maxpower

if your for betting would ye not support our own lone shark

ladbrokes odds

Loughgiel 8/11
Dunloy Evs
What happens next????

Balboa

Quote from: maxpower on October 02, 2007, 02:06:04 PM
if your for betting would ye not support our own lone shark

ladbrokes odds

Loughgiel 8/11
Dunloy Evs

I think it would be a case of supporting Ladbrokes as opposed to Loneshark, in any case none of the bookies are in dire need of our cash.

girt_giggler

Depends. if any serious gambler wanted to heavily back Loughgiel they would back with toals instead of Ladbrokes, & vice-versa with dunloy

NAG

Its all gone very quiet on here!

Lets have some build up to the big game,

key battles and analysis of the game

who is going to come out on top and why?

imtommygunn

It should be an interesting game and I'm looking forward to it much more than the football I have to say.

Dick O'Kane v Johnny Campbell should be a good battle though I think Dick might have a wee bit too much guile for them.

Who will mark Liam Richmond - Loughgiels full back is a bit young maybe...

Then on the other end you have Joey Scullion, Watson and the other fella who scored big in the semi - Laverty was it? - to be marked. I imagine Mullan will get Watson as discussed bu am not too sure on the other two.

Midfield should be interesting too.

Dunloy by 3...

Ruairi Og exile

Tommy, I'd say Dick will be FF & Liam Richmond CHF. so it'll be a big battle between Liam & Johnny who's been hurling well for Loughgiel this year. Paddy Richmond might start at wing half forward where he come on against L'giel in Dunloy, in order to expose young fadden especially in the air. Apparantly Barney & Johnny has been struggling with injury lately so they'll need them fully fit.

Think McKeague will pick up Joey Scullion if Joey is FF & possibly Micky McClements will pick up  Damian 'Dim Dim' Laverty( thats who you meant Tommy) & they might leave Parrot on watson at the start with the option of moving Patch onto him. Probably see Loughgiel playing 2 man FF Line & bringing spare man back to midfield

Midfield will be huge & I think it could be really bunched with the prospect of 3rd midfielders & the likes of Connor Cunning  & Curry helping out there to leave space there to leave space for FF line

It's a really tough match to call & hope it's a cracker. Dunloy have a strong bench which could shade it.

NAG

Good analysis Exile

I generally agree with you.

If johnny campbell hurls well then loughgiel generally do as well. Think it will come down to that line whether dunloy can dominate the loughgiel half back line, physically in their group game dunloy demolished them and if the same happens this time around with the space on casment dunloy could get alot of room.

Dunloy will have to tighten up their defence and not concede the same goals obviously, if they can restrict loughgiel to points then can see dunloy winning at a canter but if loughgiel get the life blood of the goals they will be dangerous enough.

Has all the hallmarks of a classic of the weather holds together then we should be in for a treat.

very hard to call but can see Dunloy by one or two but dont rule out the draw!

imtommygunn

Liam Richmond is one that's hard to mark too though I think he may have slowed a bit with that back injury.

Does Eoin McCloskey still play at all for Loughgiel? They would strike me as not having any wise old heads. I assume that's Eddie in midfield? It's a big position for one so young but he seems to have plenty of ability. The other McCloskey is very young for a big day too but he seems useful.

I'm looking forward to this game. I'm not too bothered who wins it but you will see people going mental in the stands given the rivalry between the two - plus having sat beside Loughgiel people on the last few final days their nerves are generally pretty bad no matter who they play but playing Dunloy will multiply them by a few times. I wish I could say I was looking forward to the football but seems a foregone conclusion.

imtommygunn

Looks like Antrim are going to make an application to play in the munster shc.

Balboa

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 04, 2007, 04:42:15 PM
Looks like Antrim are going to make an application to play in the munster shc.

Cant see it succeeding, Munster does not need us. The Munster championship would lose some of its lustre & prestige if Antrim were getting beat out the gate every year. It may raise Sambos profile, which he seems keen on, but would it really help Antrim hurling?

Ruairi Og exile

Antrim would get hammered in the Munster Championship...could they not ask to join Leinster instead??

slow corner back

The point in asking to join munster is to show up the farce of the new arrangements. As things stand antrim play Galway, loose most likely then play a beaten munster team in round 2. If Antrim enter the munster championship and get stuffed they will then face one of the loosing leinster teams in round two or three giving them a much better chance to progress. It seems like a plan to screw up the arrangements as much as possible and I think that is a good idea. These proposals have been written to promote hurling in Kilkenny, Munster etc and screw the rest of the country. I hope the antrim board have the balls to gum up the works as much as possible.