Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

don't like to bleat or sound like a miser but does anyone else think admission to these matches is getting a little bit dear

£12 into the county final, £7 into last weekends double headers and £5 into most championship matches.  i do have to wonder are we now trying to maximise revenue or attract supporters

a couple of dunloy supporters this weekend could easily have spent £28 attending the two semi finals, this weekend is the intermediate finals so another £14 and then £24 into the county final.  thats £66 to support your team. 

No doubt plenty will go to these matches and so justify the price, but is the GAA blindly ripping of loyalty,

To be honest i try and support as many teams as i can, but i'm getting fed up reaching over £10 everytime i go.
What happens next????

Glensman

Are you on the drugs NAG? Now I wasn't at the match on Sunday for different reasons but I thought that Paul Shields played midfield? Was this not the same Paul Shields that got injured in the Under 21s and was out for 5 weeks? The same one that you and Skull had your wee 'set too' over.
(before this goes anywhere I am not saying he wasn't injured just that the injury was talked up a bit in advance of the senior semi - all fun and games in my book in the week before a match).

As regards phantom injuries - did Neil McAuley pick one up on Saturday evening v the bodies?!...again I am joking NAG before you go to town on me.

Agree with your synopsis NAG...take the rest out and Winker is fighting a lone battle which he can do alright but it becomes increasingly frustrating for him and we all know what he does when he gets frustrated.

What's the story with big Mal - is he injured?

I agree with you maxpower...when you are bringing the family it certainly adds up.
These finals have the potential to bring a big gate to Casement - the price will put a fair few neutrals off.

Last Man

If Loughgiel try the 2 man forward line all Dunloy have to do is mirror this tactic to negate any benefit. They wont be that naive to allow any of their backs to be pulled into midfield. Patch has to be the man to mark Winker, as good as he is I don't ever remember Patch getting cleaned out by him, especially on a big day. He still has pace and the coolest head on the Dunloy team.

monkey

www.ladbrokes.com

To win championship:
Loughgiel 8/11
Dunloy Evs

milltown row

Would be surprised if Loughgiel would use the extra man in defence, you find it probably was a Ballycastle tactic to bring an extra man back. Loughgiel played perfect hurling last year in the first half. Cushendall were all over the place and could not stick with them at all. God only knows what happened to their game plan in the second half.

I think if Loughgiel steal a march this year they will not let it slip up. For Dunloy, well they will always chip away, they can get points from all over the park and don't rely on one or two people to score. Not impressed with the Loughgiel midfield and I think this will have major bearing on the out come, Casement is a big pitch so the Ball does not by pass the midfield area and with Malloy in there winning ball and feeding the forwards this may give Dunloy the upper hand.

As said earlier Patch is great at reading the game and anticipating ball, but winker does not play in a certain position, he's a bit of a rover, loose ball player, and picks up a lot of breaking ball. I think Dunloy will just hold their positions, and play their own game and not fix it on Winker.

Cant wait for the final, we play first have one pint after our game then head back out for the hurling final. not going to tip any teams just hoping for a good hard game

heurebag

i hear sambo n woody have been turfed off the managment team n padraig o mhainin has een installed as manager

Balboa

Quote from: heurebag on September 27, 2007, 04:25:55 PM
i hear sambo n woody have been turfed off the managment team n padraig o mhainin has een installed as manager

???  ???  ???

heurebag

smabo n woody r out, n padraig o mhainin is in th managerial position(he led derry to camogie all ireland final 2 yrs in a row, winning at the second attempt)

slow corner back

there is a padraig o mainin, heurebag is clearly a wum and good luck to him.

monkey

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2007, 07:02:49 PM
Armoy  0-11 0-9 Rasharkin

Cushendun  4-11 1-10 St. Pauls

Cushendun salvaged their season well, bringing back a few of the older lads midseason that had retired, without them they would have been fucked this year.

brokencrossbar1

Delighted for the lads up in Cushendun.  I was at their game a few weeks back when Michael Hamilton scored a goal against Ahoghill with the last puck to win the game and this meant they were able to come through to the semis.

I presume they go into the Ulster Intermediate now?

imtommygunn

They will BC.

The intermediate is usually tight enough for Antrim teams as you're up against Armagh's best and Donegal's best but it should be within their ability. GNM won it last year and Glenarriffe the year before. Not too sure of the dates/schedules for it though.

Last Man

Laitroim Fontenoys (Down IHC Champions) will be worth keeping an eye on in the Ulster. They are a very pacey side with enough  very good hurlers to rack up a good points tally from play. I dont think they are a big threat for goals though against a decent back line but they can take enough points from further out to compensate. I have to say I think C'Dun will struggle, hope I am wrong but I think the goal chances they got and took yesterday don't often come round. St.Pauls have been very patchy all year due to the fact that they haven't had a settled squad so they shouldn't have been so complacent and concede goals the way they did.