Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Seems to have been a very poor c'ship so far.  Not to many games have been close.

Both Finalists have only had two games and apart from Dunloy v C'Dall they have been walk-overs

Hopefully to Final will be a good one

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Megaman on May 09, 2017, 08:36:01 AM
Seems to have been a very poor c'ship so far.  Not to many games have been close.

Both Finalists have only had two games and apart from Dunloy v C'Dall they have been walk-overs

Hopefully to Final will be a good one

I say the final will be tight enough
It's dunloy v LG after all
Dunloy has good forwards but I was impressed with LG young no6 I think he is Mc Mullan at senior match
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

i would assume its Cathal McMullan at centre half. He played there on sat in the senior match.

Our match last night was very one way for the duration of the game. 2-19 is good scoring but it could of been more but for some wayward shooting. I cant be critical as the lads played really well and fully deserved the win.

Dont understand the short game st johns insisted on playing all night. against a poor team im sure it looks great but they were bound to catch on early doors it wouldn't work against Dunloy as the defence was so strong. Some nice hurlers and have plenty of confidence on the ball but all seemed to pass the ball on and not want to just take a point when it presented itself whereas our boys fired them over when they had the chance.

hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Took in the game in Cushendall today. McManus tore Loughiel to bits in the first half, destroyed Odhran McFadden at full back. Ryan McCambridge did well at 11 for C'Dall also. The Loughiel centre half back was very good also, I think they were missing 5/6 starters with James McNaughton on the bench. Also, thought the ref had a superb game. 

Milltown Row2

Big result, good early marker set down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Was james mcnaughton on the starting 15 who won championship last year?

Was graffin back playing? [edit] just saw he was number 5.

theskull1

Think James McNaughton is carrying an injury?

Two decent wins for us up in Ballycastle. Reserves played well against a weak Ballycastle second string. The senior game was a lot tighter but I think we deserved the points overall after a good push in the last 10 finishing 4 points ahead in the end.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Really good two points for us up on the Shaws Road against Rossa, the types of games we need to win if we want to stay up and I know one our management had targeted and in fairness our committee had asked them to reverse the fixture (It was originally set for our place) to allow the corresponding fixture in July to be part of our tournament week.

Away to the bodies the day after the CR semi-final will be a tightener, but sure what else would you be at!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2017, 11:17:30 PM

Yip, but Cushendall looked at full strength while the shams were missing 6/7.
I'd say Johnny will be the happier of the 2 managers. What club is Colin Murray who was the ref from?

johnneycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 15, 2017, 09:58:49 AM

I'd say Johnny will be the happier of the 2 managers. What club is Colin Murray who was the ref from?

That might be the lad who is from Ballela but referees for us in the Antrim leagues but I'd be surprised he got a game like that!

paddyjohn

Quote from: johnneycool on May 15, 2017, 12:02:47 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 15, 2017, 09:58:49 AM

That might be the lad who is from Ballela but referees for us in the Antrim leagues but I'd be surprised he got a game like that!

In fairness there wasn't a dirty stroke in the game but when he did give a decision he explained it and kept up with play.

Mourne man

What's the chances of league matches being pulled on Wednesday night for all those teams with players involved with antrim in the Christy ring ?

johnneycool

Quote from: Mourne man on May 15, 2017, 01:39:27 PM
What's the chances of league matches being pulled on Wednesday night for all those teams with players involved in the Christy ring ?

Like who?

If you're a Down man as your name suggests then the club/player/county management would need to lift the phone to Sean O'g who in turn would need to request the Antrim secretary (Frankie Quinn) to get the game refixed if its justifiable.

MoChara

I have to say I was expecting more messages from Loughgiel fellas saying Cushendall have to be the hot favorites for the championship now   ;D ;D

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: MoChara on May 16, 2017, 08:12:32 AM
I have to say I was expecting more messages from Loughgiel fellas saying Cushendall have to be the hot favorites for the championship now   ;D ;D

All the LG posters have disappeared of here of late
Don't know what the story is
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets