Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 07, 2017, 05:41:56 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 07, 2017, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: Hand up on March 07, 2017, 02:34:50 PM
On a different sour note, one of our Minors got a bad face representing the County u17/minor squad against St Mary's CBS the lads where giving St Mary's a helping hand for their forthcoming All Ireland Campaign when a St Paul's/Rossa lad pulled the helmet of him and struck him 3 times , and nothing done about it because (a) it's a friendly or ( b) it's the Assistant County Treasurers Son who Again was involved!! Not good enough, why would young lads turn out for the County to be assaulted without retribution?

Sweep sweep... its the way forward.

And we wonder why people look to the courts for justice.

A case of Triggers broom eh? All the different heads & shafts. It still same result. Let's not be negative, surely the county board will look at it and conduct a full and frank investigation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 07, 2017, 06:39:55 PM
On a different sour note, one of our Minors got a bad face representing the County u17/minor squad against St Mary's CBS the lads where giving St Mary's a helping hand for their forthcoming All Ireland Campaign when a St Paul's/Rossa lad pulled the helmet of him and struck him 3 times , and nothing done about it because (a) it's a friendly or ( b) it's the Assistant County Treasurers Son who Again was involved!! Not good enough, why would young lads turn out for the County to be assaulted without retribution?

A case of Triggers broom eh? All the different heads & shafts. It still same result. Let's not be negative, surely the county board will look at it and conduct a full and frank investigation.

You living off hearsay again?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2017, 07:51:49 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 07, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

You living off hearsay again?

The previous poster has says something has happened, I'm responding to that by suggesting our county board will respond accordingly.

Why what's it to you?

Milltown Row2

Was he at it?? There was a horrible dust up for 30 seconds.. lads involved got took off didn't play rest of game... incident report taken... both sets of managers appalled by it.. players agreed to carry on and play second half... wasn't a dirty stroke leading up to it or after it... 17 year olds, from my experience at this level are pumped up a bit too much, but I heard about a challenge game last weekend in football that also had a dust up... you must have missed that one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2017, 08:35:29 PM
Was he at it?? There was a horrible dust up for 30 seconds.. lads involved got took off didn't play rest of game... incident report taken... both sets of managers appalled by it.. players agreed to carry on and play second half... wasn't a dirty stroke leading up to it or after it... 17 year olds, from my experience at this level are pumped up a bit too much, but I heard about a challenge game last weekend in football that also had a dust up... you must have missed that one

U at it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 07, 2017, 08:37:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2017, 08:35:29 PM

U at it?

Yep

theskull1

A couple of St Pauls players on sanction to Rossa were complete bollock's against us in the minor league decider at the end of last season and got the line for their antics. One of those guys I'd assume.

A strong school would be trying to put a bit of discipline into someone who is developing in this way ...rather than be tempted to ignore such sc**bag behaviour for the good of the school. Best of luck to him when he tries that at senior. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on March 07, 2017, 08:59:36 PM
A couple of St Pauls players on sanction to Rossa were complete bollock's against us in the minor league decider at the end of last season and got the line for their antics. One of those guys I'd assume.

A strong school would be trying to put a bit of discipline into someone who is developing in this way ...rather than be tempted to ignore such sc**bag behaviour for the good of the school. Best of luck to him when he tries that at senior.

Agreed and that will happen....

btdtgtt

Sharing morning coffee with a Rossa man who tells me "we're looking at not using sanctioned players anymore".

I understand the reasoning but again my worry is do such players stop playing altogether?

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 08, 2017, 09:11:52 AM

Sharing morning coffee with a Rossa man who tells me "we're looking at not using sanctioned players anymore".

I understand the reasoning but again my worry is do such players stop playing altogether?

If thats the antics they are at and bringing the club a bad name, are they that big a loss?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 08, 2017, 10:09:12 AM

If thats the antics they are at and bringing the club a bad name, are they that big a loss?

These things start to fizzle out once they are senior and meet a man, who basically will put manners on them, within the game rules that is!! I've refereed some games where I've actually  heard myself say, you deserved that for being a bollox, when there has be a bit of, retribution lets say...

Young bucks tend to mature very quickly when the other senior players don't rally in behind him and he's on his own

north_antrim_hound

Exactly
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2017, 01:16:19 PM

These things start to fizzle out once they are senior and meet a man, who basically will put manners on them, within the game rules that is!! I've refereed some games where I've actually  heard myself say, you deserved that for being a bollox, when there has be a bit of, retribution lets say...

Young bucks tend to mature very quickly when the other senior players don't rally in behind him and he's on his own

Nice to here a ref with a perspective on poetic justice
The amount of times the wrong man got it angers me
I know this isn't a soccer thread but that Man U forward did the right thing on Saturday
I hate Man U but that was pay back at its best

theskull1

Great to see Antrim in the same boat as the top counties  ;D

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/839440789352689665
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound