Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Minder on February 08, 2017, 07:05:17 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 08, 2017, 03:10:02 PM
Not to clog the thread up with this debate any longer, we are not going to agree on this point.
I have made my point and not based on wild conspiracy theories as was suggested. We have been sold a pup on this one.

back to the hurling.......

Just before we go - I have seen Visit West Belfast/ Failte Feirste Thiar in "action" over the last 10 years or so, and it's basically a vehicle to hoover up funding in that sector. And let's just say their funding wouldn't be commesurate with their output. As for them being "duty bound" to promote West Belfast, are you serious? If they never lifted a hand again nobody would notice and the funding would continue to roll in. For quite a few years their office on the Falls Rd consisted of a fella manning a Twitter account but they where never far from a foreign junket to "promote West Belfast", I remember seeing they where in Milwaukee of all places promoting West Belfast...........

So that why I was a little surprised and sceptical to see them getting so involved with Casement.

As NAG1 said we will agree to disagree

No don't get me wrong - I'm no cheerleader for the group at all - or various quangos in "our wee province".

You live in Waterfoot right?
Well excuse me for stating the obvious but you're in no position to say that nobody would notice if they didn't lift a hand again!
We can agree to disagree on some things - but I can point you to many people living in poverty and many projects in West Belfast where people most certainly do notice.
Minder - that's just bulls**t.
You might not particularly like them - I'm no cheerleader - but stick to facts.

Junkets happen everywhere - and West Belfast does need promoted abroad.
On a Saturday morning there's piles of tourists in buses and Black taxis up and down the Falls Road. Walking through the cemeteries. You think they just arrived there by chance? You think three's not some sort of co-ordination to all of this?
Stay in Waterfoot then before you pass comment on something you clearly know nothing about and are just prejudiced about.

Now that said this is a hurling forum - your comments were not only out of place - but factually incorrect.

So to finish things on matters hurling - the "Feile crowd" were positively involved in the Fr Reid Weekend and lend lobbying support to project casement - as they are duty bound to do.
There is no agenda, and no desire to infiltrate and aspect of the GAA.
They wouldn't want to - and it wouldn't be tolerated.  Antrim GAA offers nothing for the group anyway.
Stick to your conspiracy theories, ones which still have never been able to have any motive or substance - and I will stick to facts.

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 09, 2017, 09:31:25 AM
Not to clog the thread up with this debate any longer, we are not going to agree on this point.
I have made my point and not based on wild conspiracy theories as was suggested. We have been sold a pup on this one.

Just before we go - I have seen Visit West Belfast/ Failte Feirste Thiar in "action" over the last 10 years or so, and it's basically a vehicle to hoover up funding in that sector. And let's just say their funding wouldn't be commesurate with their output. As for them being "duty bound" to promote West Belfast, are you serious? If they never lifted a hand again nobody would notice and the funding would continue to roll in. For quite a few years their office on the Falls Rd consisted of a fella manning a Twitter account but they where never far from a foreign junket to "promote West Belfast", I remember seeing they where in Milwaukee of all places promoting West Belfast...........

So that why I was a little surprised and sceptical to see them getting so involved with Casement.

No don't get me wrong - I'm no cheerleader for the group at all - or various quangos in "our wee province".

Well excuse me for stating the obvious but you're in no position to say that nobody would notice if they didn't lift a hand again!
We can agree to disagree on some things - but I can point you to many people living in poverty and many projects in West Belfast where people most certainly do notice.

On a Saturday morning there's piles of tourists in buses and Black taxis up and down the Falls Road. Walking through the cemeteries. You think they just arrived there by chance? You think three's not some sort of co-ordination to all of this?
Stay in Waterfoot then before you pass comment on something you clearly know nothing about and are just prejudiced about.

Now that said this is a hurling forum - your comments were not only out of place - but factually incorrect.

So to finish things on matters hurling - the "Feile crowd" were positively involved in the Fr Reid Weekend and lend lobbying support to project casement - as they are duty bound to do.
They wouldn't want to - and it wouldn't be tolerated.  Antrim GAA offers nothing for the group anyway.
Stick to your conspiracy theories, ones which still have never been able to have any motive or substance - and I will stick to facts.

I'm from Waterfoot I have lived in West Belfast for almost 15 years so I am in as good a position as anyone else to comment
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on February 09, 2017, 09:54:45 AM

I'm from Waterfoot I have lived in West Belfast for almost 15 years so I am in as good a position as anyone else to comment

I think we have touched a nerve on this one Minder.  ;)

btdtgtt

Well yes I kind of predicted that response :)
No connection to them at all - indeed I've said I'm no fan of the various quangos we have.
I'm more irritated at the notion anyone (non-GAA) can parachute into our affairs (any GAA affairs)as easy - or that we have something to offer them. It's just nonsense.
You guys are just way off the mark on this one hence you haven't said anything of substance.

And to be perfectly honest what I'm more irritated about is Casement itself.
It going on too long.
It's going to get built - and on that site.
No more debate.
Get it built.
Regardless of anyone's opinions on the politics of it (including mine) a new stadium is preferable to all Antrim Gaels than the current waste ground.
This is the only show in town - the only option.

Enough is enough - build the f**kin thing.

Usain

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 09, 2017, 10:45:58 AM
No connection to them at all - indeed I've said I'm no fan of the various quangos we have.
I'm more irritated at the notion anyone (non-GAA) can parachute into our affairs (any GAA affairs)as easy - or that we have something to offer them. It's just nonsense.And to be perfectly honest what I'm more irritated about is Casement itself.
It going on too long.
You guys are just way off the mark on this one hence you haven't said anything of substance.

No more debate.
Get it built.
Regardless of anyone's opinions on the politics of it (including mine) a new stadium is preferable to all Antrim Gaels than the current waste ground.

Get it built surely. The quicker the better.

But bear in mind that there will come a point in the future when it is built and we are not allowed on it to play our club finals on a weekend in September because Beyoncé is playing a concert................

paddyjohn

Quote from: Usain on February 09, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 09, 2017, 10:45:58 AM
I'm more irritated at the notion anyone (non-GAA) can parachute into our affairs (any GAA affairs)as easy - or that we have something to offer them. It's just nonsense.And to be perfectly honest what I'm more irritated about is Casement itself.
It going on too long.

No more debate.
Get it built.

Get it built surely. The quicker the better.

But bear in mind that there will come a point in the future when it is built and we are not allowed on it to play our club finals on a weekend in September because Beyoncé is playing a concert................

She'll be to busy with my twins..

Maybe get Garth Brooks though, plenty of checked shirts and cowboys around the wild west..

btdtgtt

Clearly not - given the fact you're making in inaccurate statement.
Stick to the "Friends of Glenarrife" and all their great work promoting that area and their gates.
Or stick to commenting on hurling as you haven't aren't that learned on the "wild west".

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 09, 2017, 12:29:29 PM

Clearly not - given the fact you're making in inaccurate statement.
Stick to the "Friends of Glenarrife" and all their great work promoting that area and their gates.
Or stick to commenting on hurling as you haven't aren't that learned on the "wild west".

Thanks for the friendly advice, but I will be ignoring it

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2017, 01:32:16 PM
To be honest, I thought all those groups were just a front for the Shinners.

Well I did say I was no fan of such quangos ;)

Minder

They are

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 09, 2017, 01:53:19 PM

A quango is a completely different animal to a 'community group' and is it now starting to become clearer after HS's input?  ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on February 10, 2017, 08:41:14 AM

A quango is a completely different animal to a 'community group' and is it now starting to become clearer after HS's input?  ;)

Quango - QUAsi-Non-Governmental-Organisation

So Visit West Belfast/ Failte Feirste Thiar falls into exactly that category.

Fully agree on the Shinners cartel on alot of these - hence my original point.

Which is separate to the other points.

Simple - unless you want to invent a conspiracy ;) :)

let it fly

Any thoughts on the team starting against london?id have thought clyde abit suspect at number 6?hope he proves me wrong though!

johnneycool

All the same it's nice of these people to give up their free time to volunteer to help West Belfast to develop without a brass farthing changing hands.

Its warms the heart that type of community spirit.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2017, 01:16:05 PM

All the same it's nice of these people to give up their free time to volunteer to help West Belfast to develop without a brass farthing changing hands.

Its warms the heart that type of community spirit.
You're not helping!  ;D