Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 30, 2017, 10:42:13 AM
In fairness I think this current bunch of
Players and management are trying their best to get promoted again
It's a pity we couldn't get players like Saul and l Ryan Mc Cambridge to commit

Saul is back in the county set up if I'm not mistaken. He's a great lad.

theskull1

I don't believe he is.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: theskull1 on January 30, 2017, 04:01:07 PM
I don't believe he is.

Don't believe he is is back in the set up, or don't believe that he is a great lad?

hurlingstick

I thought I'd seen a post on facebook a week or two ago ....Maybe not though.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hurlingstick on January 30, 2017, 05:11:59 PM

No he ain't hurling this year, is he not playing soccer
By all accounts a nice lad but to much of a free spirit for the discipline of intercounty
Pity
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hand up

I think the post on Saul was a FB post from this time last year, not a bad lad but forget about him or we'll end up with the same will he won't he saga that drained us for 10 years with that other clown from Warwickshire!!
Really enjoyed the game thought some great showings, the full back line stuck to their job,not helped ( other than Simon) by the HB line who where poor. Woody scored 2 and cost us 3 times that. Campbell I heard was sick this week and wasn't in any way instrumental during the game. D.McK gave way to many frees away but tried. The half forward line really clicked when McManus and Shorty switched and we got some great scoresellers in the first half. I was really pleased overall with Magill who gave it a lash., Conor and Clarky got some nice scores.
On a sad note I'd say McManus is out of the league with a broken cheekbone. Just when we got Shorty back!!

north_antrim_hound

Yeah I Heard MCManus has a broken cheekbone and he is gettting married in April as well
Just when he was getting some form together after a year out
Woody was a bit slack on his man in second half for sure but played ok and way better than our CHB
Mc crory was outstanding but his delivery is a bit easy for defenders
I thought magill was one of our worst forwards

Hand up

Yeh Clyde was poor , but to be fair i'd have never have thought of him as skillful/mobile enough for CHB, Neil McAuley certainly isn't the option so perhaps a move into 6 might suit woody more. I'd wouldn't have called Magill a forward more a another sweeper which drives me mad. We are going to have to make do with some players agree with your take on Simon Tbh but it's his effort that a lot of players have been missing over the last few years. Kevin McKauige worth a look at .the subs were absolutely atrocious, young Murphy had more ball in 15 mins that many but duck out of water I'm afraid.

north_antrim_hound

If Campbell sick that explains his performance he was sweeping but ineffective
Young murphy struggled but a lovely hurler and will come good
Just a bit light yet
i agree with our bench
Tipp sprung maher and Cahill and the impact was immediate at the same time we had lost shorty and Mc manus
as for the league it's gonna be tough to get promotion
Carlow starting to motor Nicely, Westmeath will have there collage players back and Kildare have ripped the arse out of the five player from other counties rule bringing in john Mulholl (Kilkenny) the reidy brothers from Limerick and another from tipp.
We could have done with Mc manus truth be told

Usain

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 30, 2017, 06:06:26 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on January 30, 2017, 05:11:59 PM

No he ain't hurling this year, is he not playing soccer
By all accounts a nice lad but to much of a free spirit for the discipline of intercounty
Pity

Signed for Coleraine FC I heard few weeks ago. He's an unreal talent but like you say, wouldn't have the commitment levels required for the county.

concernedgaa

Some critical assessments by Handup and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to call the subs "absolutely atrocious " IMO is harsh to say the least.  This is a squad of players who are giving "COMMITMENT to Antrim Hurling something that the past "stars" lacked.  Shouldn't criticise players for not doing well against the AI Champions "trying" and emptying the tank is what seemed to be the case and you can't ask for anything more. IMO

theskull1

Quote from: concernedgaa on February 01, 2017, 12:28:27 PM
Some critical assessments by Handup and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to call the subs "absolutely atrocious " IMO is harsh to say the least.  This is a squad of players who are giving "COMMITMENT to Antrim Hurling something that the past "stars" lacked.  Shouldn't criticise players for not doing well against the AI Champions "trying" and emptying the tank is what seemed to be the case and you can't ask for anything more. IMO

+1

There's plenty to be positive about. From what I've heard, those who are there are giving their all. That'll do me for now. The quality of the players available may need to improve but that's a conveyor belt issue and not the fault of those giving their all in the senior setup 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 01, 2017, 04:44:58 PM
Graffin back soon?

Don't think so maybe some of the dall posters know more but I heard his legs are at him and he is giving the county a miss
He's been out a while and fitness is a big focus with current management
Serious operater all the same 

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 01, 2017, 06:42:50 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 01, 2017, 04:44:58 PM
Graffin back soon?

Don't think so maybe some of the dall posters know more but I heard his legs are at him and he is giving the county a miss
He's been out a while and fitness is a big focus with current management
Serious operater all the same
He's still in Australia