Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Emmett's 2 up. 2 minutes left.

Seamroga in exile

Cloughmills beat by 2 points. Hard luck to the biddies.

MoChara

Sounds like it was a very tight game, hard luck cloughmills

Milltown Row2

Any Antrim men on the Emmetts team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2017, 10:18:00 AM

Don't think it. Their manager is Kevin Martin McMullan from C'Dall.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 15, 2017, 11:30:53 AM

He'd have been on the previous teams that won it I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

Some hammering today just the 26 points!! Less running more hurling!!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hand up on January 15, 2017, 04:12:23 PM

I doubt we're the first or last team that will take a hammering from the cats.
Not a result I would be reading anything into.
Judgement to be made against teams at our own level.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2017, 11:33:08 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 15, 2017, 11:30:53 AM

He'd have been on the previous teams that won it I think

Yeah there's been a few lads from Antrim on previous teams. The lad Kelly from Gort Na Mona, Higgins from Con Magees & Kevin McMullan and his brothers.

Na Glinntí Glasa

listened to it on the radio and KK played a strong team at the start of the match. The fact we managed 19 points was a big positive. Chrissy OConnell was brilliant in nets and a few of the antrim lads had good games.

Its a good a game as we could of hoped for at this stage of the year. We were never ever going to beat them, it was all about the work out and getting a game against one of the best teams in Ireland. If we beat DCU next week it will be a positive start to the season IMO.

A lot of work to do but its a base to start the league on for the management.
hurl like f**k boi!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Hand up on January 15, 2017, 04:12:23 PM

Was at the game. To be honest, some positive signs from an Antrim perspective (I appreciate how that sounds, given the scoreline). The big difference was a.) the goals (and Chrissy had a stomer!) and b.) how clinical KK (who had a very strong team out) were generally. The least mistake was punished by a point. The first half was reasonably competitive and we took some good scores. We also had a goal ruled out for a square ball that was a square ball but there was no need for it to be (if that makes any sense - our man had wandered into the square when waiting for a ball to be crossed in when he could easily have held back and scored just as easily).

Some strong individual performances and everybody kept going and showing for the ball right to the end (which hasn't always been the way with us in games like this).

I think we have to be realistic about where we are in the world right now.

Cmills abu

Really disappointing result for cloughmills on Saturday. Late point took it to extra time and that affected the lads for the first half of ET. 2 evenly matched teams though on a better pitch and better conditions I think we would have got over the line. The pitch was really poor. Leaves on it and dug up really bad. We had a few chances to win it but just wasn't to be. Think the London outfit will have their work cut out by carrickshock though. Good luck to them.

Usain

Quote from: Cmills abu on January 16, 2017, 10:09:20 AM
Really disappointing result for cloughmills on Saturday. Late point took it to extra time and that affected the lads for the first half of ET. 2 evenly matched teams though on a better pitch and better conditions I think we would have got over the line. The pitch was really poor. Leaves on it and dug up really bad. We had a few chances to win it but just wasn't to be. Think the London outfit will have their work cut out by carrickshock though. Good luck to them.

The biddies would always have struck me as a team that fairs much better with a dry sod and ball. The heavy pitches at this time of the year wouldn't suit their nimble team.