Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usain

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2016, 09:34:35 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 02, 2016, 09:04:47 AM
the fact that people are actively working to have an elected vol out of a position to get someone in that they want is unreal. The clubs voted these people into the positions after canvassing around each club that they were the men & woman for the job and now they are in they are deciding to oust someone to get 'their men' into the positions?

Yup, this is Antrim GAA.

+2

Saffron Vision my a**e. Jim Murray may have been alot of things but to the best of my knowledge he always did his best for Antrim GAA. To be treated this way is shocking.

Move over lads, a new Mafia is in town.

In what other county in Ireland would you get this sort of stuff?? We're always the laughing stock.

Each one of the men involved need a good kick in the balls.

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on December 02, 2016, 10:18:38 AM
Yes, Jim Murray, the last great bastion of diplomacy himself....

Not saying he was an angel at all.

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on December 02, 2016, 10:45:00 AM
Good riddance is what I'm saying.

I just can't stand the fact that yet again Antrim GAA is on the back page of the paper for the wrong reasons.

Hectic

Quote from: Usain on December 02, 2016, 10:17:47 AM
the fact that people are actively working to have an elected vol out of a position to get someone in that they want is unreal. The clubs voted these people into the positions after canvassing around each club that they were the men & woman for the job and now they are in they are deciding to oust someone to get 'their men' into the positions?

Yup, this is Antrim GAA.

+2

Saffron Vision my a**e. Jim Murray may have been alot of things but to the best of my knowledge he always did his best for Antrim GAA. To be treated this way is shocking.

In what other county in Ireland would you get this sort of stuff?? We're always the laughing stock.

Probably something similar in most.

Usain

Quote from: Hectic on December 02, 2016, 08:34:19 PM
Quote from: Usain on December 02, 2016, 10:17:47 AM

Yup, this is Antrim GAA.

+2

Probably something similar in most.

It probably is going on in the background but I'm yet to pickup on the Tyrone/Armagh/Donegal/Derry county boards causing this much stir in the press/public eye.

imtommygunn

The irish news being based in belfast impacts this a lot meaning we are more likely to get press than other counties though.

We were even in the paper at one point for not serving pasta after training!

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 03, 2016, 10:20:14 AM
The irish news being based in belfast impacts this a lot meaning we are more likely to get press than other counties though.

We were even in the paper at one point for not serving pasta after training!

That's true but it's also the case that Antrim GAA keeps serving up the stories.

imtommygunn

It does that too but this stuff goes on in a lot of other counties too in terms of petty politics. What has happened here probably happens elsewhere too. The farce that is casement and the social club fiasco i would have my doubts on happening elsewhere mind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2016, 09:49:12 PM
It does that too but this stuff goes on in a lot of other counties too in terms of petty politics. What has happened here probably happens elsewhere too. The farce that is casement and the social club fiasco i would have my doubts on happening elsewhere mind.

Happens in Cork every year!! Was speaking to a Cork man in Spain said they have scandals all the time, no doubt their local rag will write about it to
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Donal og highlights it a bit too. We're far from alone.

Usain

County convention last night. What happened? and What's happening with the motions?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Usain on December 06, 2016, 08:52:56 AM
County convention last night. What happened? and What's happening with the motions?

Think the St Johns motion was defeated, other ones deferred.

samboswig

I stuck this link on the Antrim Football page too - big scores would be expected from all the visitors to this particular establishment! www.gaaclubjerseys.com/think-you-know-antrim-gaa-put-it-to-the-test/

delgany

Interesting points from county chairman today in Irish News
(1) are divisional boards working?
(2) clubs to amalgamate in belfast ( creating even bigger super clubs !!!!!)
(3) are developing squads working ?
Power Hungry  people !!!!
Not too many North antrim  / south West  on county executive!!!

btdtgtt

Quote from: delgany on December 08, 2016, 12:04:13 AM
Interesting points from county chairman today in Irish News
(1) are divisional boards working?

Too broad a question - it some aspects they are successful and relevant, but in other ways they must always be subservient to the county board. Not just in rule, but in practice also.

(2) clubs to amalgamate in belfast ( creating even bigger super clubs !!!!!)

Its a constant issue now. But one which we're frankly unable to get agreement on. Sadly I think it'll be a case of the more Clubs becoming redundant than formal amalgamations to form one new Club. Until then we're left with the to and fro of sanctions etc.

(3) are developing squads working ?

Absolutely not. Our "development" squads do not develop our player base at all. Rather they cream the already developing players off from their clubs and in turn deny others the chance to develop through meaningful club hurling.
If they are essentially county squads at underage level then they should not run throughout the year and interfere with underage club fixtures & training - if they are genuine development squads then they should only involve players from lower divisions without regular quality hurling.
The purpose is to develop hurling across the whole playing base - not for the few already developing well.

Power Hungry  people !!!!
Not too many North antrim  / south West  on county executive!!!

Indeed :o