Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

When a team wins everyone gets the credit - when a team loses it's only the manger or ref that gets the blame.
Too often it's too easy to give the one manager u have the chop - because you can't chip 15 players who won't accept that they weren't good enough.
Throw in the fact that a manger inevitably falls out with someone personally around town -  and we see how it's a job destined to end in pain.

Unless of course the manager was only in it for money in the first place ;)
In which case he dances a merry jig to the next club willing to part with members money.

Personally I think clubs & players need to appreciate prophets in their own land and not look for the new outside man in some mistaken belief he has a box of magic tricks that will cover up their own deficiencies.
Because the only thing in that box - is their money.

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 30, 2016, 07:54:13 PM
When a team wins everyone gets the credit - when a team loses it's only the manger or ref that gets the blame.
Too often it's too easy to give the one manager u have the chop - because you can't chip 15 players who won't accept that they weren't good enough.
Throw in the fact that a manger inevitably falls out with someone personally around town -  and we see how it's a job destined to end in pain.

In which case he dances a merry jig to the next club willing to part with members money.

Personally I think clubs & players need to appreciate prophets in their own land and not look for the new outside man in some mistaken belief he has a box of magic tricks that will cover up their own deficiencies.
Thats about the long and short of it alright.

Usain

Quote from: Last Man on November 30, 2016, 09:28:08 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 30, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

Thats about the long and short of it alright.

Summed it up perfectly!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 30, 2016, 12:34:34 PM
A father sent his child to shake my hand and say thank you for the season at the end of the summer. It meant the world to me. Another child in the club who I've been picking up from his door for three years to bring to matches, His mother has never thanked me once.

Clubs need to instill proper attitudes in players right from the beginning. Ultimately they learn more from attitudes at home. Once they hit 14/15 their friends are their biggest influence and therefore the more children with the correct attitude and discipline the greater chance of success in a club.

Some clubs focus on a few star players at underage and end up suffering at senior level as a result. Those players think they've an entitlement and become spoilt because they got away with certain behaviours. Clubs need to be inclusive now - every child matters and plays. These are the future players and volunteers of the club. If they were brought up with the right principles they'll pass those on.

Sadly too many people disagree with this line of thinking.

Great post and one that resonates with me anyway
Truth be told if you have a bunch of kids your only there for the ones who are committed and listen which on  balance is a small percentage
Fair play to the kids dad but the next parent you mentioned sounds more like the norm
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hand up

Another great PR job in today's paper. Obviously TR hasn't learnt about text messages from last year.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hand up on December 01, 2016, 04:23:17 PM
Another great PR job in today's paper. Obviously TR hasn't learnt about text messages from last year.

Expand?

delgany

Bloody disgraceful from saffron (No) vision.
Gaa is  a democratic organisation. They should NOT  be canvassing for their friends.
This is an abuse of the voting system.
Having everyone from the same camp is not healthy for decision making.
New Kings + new rules = a mess.

paddyjohn

TRs voicemail last year was a complete disgrace but sure what else do you expect from him?

Hand up

TR, CD & PMcC sent a joint text message out to the City clubs asking them to vote for a Sarsfields man over Jim Murray and named AMcQ and MD as Ulster Council delegates. Pretty poor work in my mind, although the Baldy one was at the same antics over the last couple of weeks behind the back of our club Chairman!!

paddyjohn

btdtgtt

The more things change - the more they stay the same.
Saffron vision. The irony.

Stillwater2

Quote from: Hand up on December 01, 2016, 06:42:40 PM
TR, CD & PMcC sent a joint text message out to the City clubs asking them to vote for a Sarsfields man over Jim Murray and named AMcQ and MD as Ulster Council delegates. Pretty poor work in my mind, although the Baldy one was at the same antics over the last couple of weeks behind the back of our club Chairman!!

May I add Sarsfields had no part in this !!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

the fact that people are actively working to have an elected vol out of a position to get someone in that they want is unreal. The clubs voted these people into the positions after canvassing around each club that they were the men & woman for the job and now they are in they are deciding to oust someone to get 'their men' into the positions?

Yup, this is Antrim GAA.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 02, 2016, 09:04:47 AM
the fact that people are actively working to have an elected vol out of a position to get someone in that they want is unreal. The clubs voted these people into the positions after canvassing around each club that they were the men & woman for the job and now they are in they are deciding to oust someone to get 'their men' into the positions?

Yup, this is Antrim GAA.

+1

Anyone would think these guys people Antrim GAA is their own personal empire ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 02, 2016, 09:04:47 AM

Yup, this is Antrim GAA.

+2

Saffron Vision my a**e. Jim Murray may have been alot of things but to the best of my knowledge he always did his best for Antrim GAA. To be treated this way is shocking.

Move over lads, a new Mafia is in town.