Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Very sad to hear of the death of Thomas Cassidy up in Slaughtneil. A stalwart if ever there was one, nobody gave more in his love for the game and his club than he did. A true gentleman who will be remembered fondly for manys a year.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Can't escape the feeling that tomorrow's game is another that belongs in casement.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 22, 2016, 03:32:44 PM
Can't escape the feeling that tomorrow's game is another that belongs in casement.
Let it go man! There will be a few thousand at it so it's not as if it needs significant capacity and fans from both parishes will attend even if it's not the "spiritual home" of Ulster hurling. The main impact will be less neutrals travelling.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Currently en-route to Armagh. I wish it was in casement as well to save this sail down! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Glensman

Any way to watch the finals live online today? Cheers

btdtgtt

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 22, 2016, 09:20:28 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 22, 2016, 03:32:44 PM
Let it go man! There will be a few thousand at it so it's not as if it needs significant capacity and fans from both parishes will attend even if it's not the "spiritual home" of Ulster hurling. The main impact will be less neutrals travelling.

Exactly. Not its spiritual home. And less neutrals. Time to get Casement built.
https://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU
:) :) :)

glens73

Quote from: Glensman on October 23, 2016, 01:34:09 PM
Any way to watch the finals live online today? Cheers

Afraid not, Armagh gaa not showing it

glens73

Jesusjones

Congratulations to Slaughtneil, they've been knocking on the door for 4 years. A really strong hurling team from a brilliant club. Commiserations to Loughgiel, we know ourselves what its like to loose an Ulster Final but Loughgiel have enough young lads coming through to be in the mix for the foreseeable future. 

The Stallion

Antrim club hurling seems to be in poor shape these days. Slaughtneil are a good team and fully deserve their trophy, but I can't help but think they would have struggled to get out of Derry 20-30 years ago, never mind win an Ulster.

Complacency within Antrim or what is the problem?

imtommygunn

Last year the winners got to the ai final. Not that long ago loughgiel won the ai...

Milltown Row2

Huge win for them!! Would never have thought Loughgiel would have been in trouble for that one!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

I know that Tommy but any time I've watched Antrim club hurling the standard has noticeably declined. Maybe I've just not veen lucky with the games I've seen.

Would any of ye agree with what I'm saying?

imtommygunn

To be honest yes. I think it's not what it was. Also there are only at the minute two potential winners which i am not convinced is good for it.

That being said i thought loughgiel looked very impressive in antrim this year. I wasn't at the game today but i suspect they were at a physical disadvantage as they are quite a small team.

Jesusjones

Stallion, the current Cushendall and Loughgiel teams are strong but outside of that things have gone backwards for sure.