Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Early 50's.
Cancer unfortunately. Hadn't been well for a while.

My God he was good.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 06, 2016, 06:24:40 PM
Buddha couldn't have been much of an age?
RIP
52 am told.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Tony Baloney

Nothing learned today. Was at the Slaughtneil match. They were nothing special but Middletown didn't force them to be.

north aontroim gael

Good win today, some nice moves up front at times.

Slaughtneil to come, tougher test but I fancy our boys to do the business with 6 or 7 points to spare.

johnneycool

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 09, 2016, 08:50:55 PM

Slaughtneil to come, tougher test but I fancy our boys to do the business with 6 or 7 points to spare.

Sadly our lads weren't up to it, this year in Div2 has been detrimental in our development and it showed yesterday.

Last year I'd have suggested Div2 was our level and even though we were top, we'd some tough battles along the way. This year in a lot of the games I saw we'd put up a 10 to 12 point lead and then stop playing or emptied the bench and the truth be told our bench is very weak as when we miss one or two we really do miss them. Danny Toner has been our best forward all year and he dislocated his shoulder in the Down final and we really couldn't replace him. It wouldn't have changed yesterdays result, but it shows that we've a bit of work to do to build up a load of last years minors and some coming out of this years team to improve the senior squad standard in general.

Jesusjones

That's a bold prediction!!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 10, 2016, 10:39:50 AM

Bold prediction indeed considering Loughuile struggled to beat an under strength Cushendall team in the county final. 🎣😂

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 10, 2016, 06:19:47 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on October 10, 2016, 10:39:50 AM

Bold prediction indeed considering Loughuile struggled to beat an under strength Cushendall team in the county final. 🎣😂

I don't think it was a struggle to be fair. Has Loughgiel or Cushendall been beset by Derry teams?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

From a neutral perspective i would say the county final was never a struggle pj. After the magill goal loughgiel were always the better team. The ulster final will be interesting. If loughgiel win by 6 or 7 then i think they could give the ai a rattle but slaughtneil not a bad team so be tough enough.

paddyjohn

Jeepers lads, I didn't expect you 2 to bite!!

MoChara

Provisional Fixtures 2017
Division 2a Hurling
Sun 12 Feb    Antrim v London
Sun 19 Feb    Carlow v Antrim
Sun 05 Mar   Antrim v Kildare
Sun 12 Mar   Armagh v Antrim
Sun 26 Mar   Antrim v Westmeath

Na Glinntí Glasa

makes a change not to have to go to westmeath. some cracking games there........
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 13, 2016, 01:44:32 PM
makes a change not to have to go to westmeath. some cracking games there........

I was actually looking to go to Westmeath as an overnighter and watch the game, Carlow probably looking like it now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

have done the day drive to it usually, its a bit of a mare to do up and down in the day. That being said Carlow away is a good handy run down so ill prob head down to that one
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: MoChara on October 13, 2016, 08:56:14 AM
Provisional Fixtures 2017
Division 2a Hurling
Sun 12 Feb    Antrim v London
Sun 19 Feb    Carlow v Antrim
Sun 05 Mar   Antrim v Kildare
Sun 12 Mar   Armagh v Antrim
Sun 26 Mar   Antrim v Westmeath

Will be interesting to see which venue will be used? Loughgiel/Dunloy possibly? Or will Ballycastle get the nod?