Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hirty Darry

In the Minor game it will unfortunately for Rossa, be a 20+ points victory to Dunloy.

Very surprised most are going for Cushendall in the Seniors.  Loughgiel are now the bookies favourites coming through the Ballycastle game.  Would have to agree.  Loughgiel hadn't a full panel last year, Benny McCarry now back, the McCloskeys injury free and they have a very strong bench.  Cushendall, albeit the younger players have impressed, are on paper a weaker team than last year. 

All pointing to a Loughgiel victory but will the three in a row mean more to Cushendall than preventing them from achieving it to Loughgiel!

Time will tell!

Hurlingballs

The only person cushendall have missing from last years team is arron Graffin. So it is only one player weaker

imtommygunn

It's a very different cushendall team to last year though. Is Sean Delargy still injured?

It's a hard one to call this.

i can't make it  :( but would have really liked to have gone to it.

I went to the two semis and thought Loughgiel looked a bit better but really Cushendall won theirs handy enough so hard to judge.  I don't think there'll be much in it.

I don't know much about the minors but winning a final by 20+ would seem like a lot for a final. Rossa have been strong at underage so would be surprised if they got beat by that much. i suspect that Dunloy team will be the backbone of their senior team for a while after the next few years.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 21, 2016, 05:09:24 PM
In the Minor game it will unfortunately for Rossa, be a 20+ points victory to Dunloy.

Very surprised most are going for Cushendall in the Seniors.  Loughgiel are now the bookies favourites coming through the Ballycastle game.  Would have to agree.  Loughgiel hadn't a full panel last year, Benny McCarry now back, the McCloskeys injury free and they have a very strong bench.  Cushendall, albeit the younger players have impressed, are on paper a weaker team than last year. 

All pointing to a Loughgiel victory but will the three in a row mean more to Cushendall than preventing them from achieving it to Loughgiel!

Time will tell!

Tony McCloskey came off injured in the semi final

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Hurlingballs on September 21, 2016, 05:25:55 PM
The only person cushendall have missing from last years team is arron Graffin. So it is only one player weaker
Shane McNaughton.

That would be two handy enough boys. Those two are huge losses!! Think it will be too much of a loss & the bookies have it right. Still quiet over in Loughgiel.

Hurlingballs

I don't think either team has had to show their full hand. Cushendall didn't have to come out off first gear and the wind ruined the other semi

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 21, 2016, 05:45:18 PM
Shane McNaughton.

That would be two handy enough boys. Those two are huge losses!! Think it will be too much of a loss & the bookies have it right. Still quiet over in Loughgiel.

Shane was Cushendall's best player in the All Ireland Final.

Arron Grafton would be arguably one of the best defenders in Ulster.

Huge losses indeed!

Was there not two or three of the McCloskey brothers injured for last years final.

I know Eddie came on for the last 10 mins but was obvious he shouldn't have been used.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 21, 2016, 08:33:19 PM
Shane McNaughton.

Huge losses indeed!

Was there not two or three of the McCloskey brothers injured for last years final.

I know Eddie came on for the last 10 mins but was obvious he shouldn't have been used.

That's it sorted then!! Loughgiel to win by thirty!!! Have you any wit?? No games or mind games are won on here or no manager would use this as a means motivate his players to win a county final!

Back your fecking team and stop trying to be a WUM... My money's on Cushendall but they can't afford to have a poor period in the game, their defence is pretty good, as is Loughgiels so it will be tight but the Dall should squeeze through
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2016, 04:33:23 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 20, 2016, 01:31:07 PM
What about the 'commited to claiming as much as you can but dress it up as commitment to the team culture'? Heard some big numbers mentioned in regard to expenses claimed. I think its a thing and until we change that culture, I won't expect any change in our on the pitch endeavors

The GAA/GPA have increased the mileage allowance and with that I presume any expenses but into a county board are then passed on to Croke Park for refunding.

I'm assuming that's how it will work, plus there's a new nutritional allowance for the lads to buy chips on!

GAA Gpa increase means nothing. The last increase came a few years back from 40p to 50p a mile. The hurlers were asked in the same year to drop from 40p a mile to 35p a mile so for every mile traveled by panel and managers the county were actually making 15p a mile on the back of the players. When you consider the amount of miles clocked up between ballycastle/ cushendall etc to Jordanstown 3/4 times a week for 6 months  that's a hell of a lot taken from the players pockets for representing their county.

aontroim abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2016, 10:42:40 PM
Shane McNaughton.

Huge losses indeed!

That's it sorted then!! Loughgiel to win by thirty!!! Have you any wit?? No games or mind games are won on here or no manager would use this as a means motivate his players to win a county final!

Back your fecking team and stop trying to be a WUM... My money's on Cushendall but they can't afford to have a poor period in the game, their defence is pretty good, as is Loughgiels so it will be tight but the Dall should squeeze through

PMSL if ever there was a WUM just head over to the football pages, youre always bigging up Cargin lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim abu on September 22, 2016, 09:08:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2016, 10:42:40 PM
Shane McNaughton.

Huge losses indeed!

PMSL if ever there was a WUM just head over to the football pages, youre always bigging up Cargin lol.

Cargin are champions?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

MR what he says is pretty accurate!! Graffin and McNaughton are big losses.

Loughgiel in my view should be favourites but only marginally. I think it's one of the closer to call county finals in years and i don't think nerves or whatever will come into it as both have won a lot recently.

Hurlingballs

Both are big losses yes. But it hasn't made very much difference throughout the league campaign

Hirty Darry

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2016, 05:42:32 PM
It's a very different cushendall team to last year though. Is Sean Delargy still injured?

It's a hard one to call this.

i can't make it  :( but would have really liked to have gone to it.

I went to the two semis and thought Loughgiel looked a bit better but really Cushendall won theirs handy enough so hard to judge.  I don't think there'll be much in it.

I don't know much about the minors but winning a final by 20+ would seem like a lot for a final. Rossa have been strong at underage so would be surprised if they got beat by that much. i suspect that Dunloy team will be the backbone of their senior team for a while after the next few years.

It certainly seems to be a lot Tommy but when you have already beat the same team by double that amount already this year, it does not bode well for Rossa.

Rossa will however have pretty much the same team next year at Minor level.

St Johns would have been much tougher opposition but we all know (actually we don't know) what happened there.

theskull1

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 22, 2016, 10:16:30 AM
It certainly seems to be a lot Tommy but when you have already beat the same team by double that amount already this year, it does not bode well for Rossa.

St Johns would have been much tougher opposition

Dunloy have not played Rossa this year at minor. Rossa beat St Johns handy in the League

One of the reasons why the internet should not be trusted  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera