Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

I thought Skinny had a good game but the decision to allow Ballycastle 3 goes at that 21 yard free was a bit ridiculous.

paddyjohn

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 12, 2016, 12:48:47 PM
I thought Skinny had a good game but the decision to allow Ballycastle 3 goes at that 21 yard free was a bit ridiculous.

How? DD wouldn't stay on his line. Rules are there to be obeyed.

north aontroim gael

Every keeper takes a step once the striker addresses the ball. I have never seen it so pedantically enforced before.

Jesusjones

The thing is NAG, Skinny applied the rule properly yesterday the rest don't.

Hectic

Yeah I thought the referee had a good game - in fairness both teams were there to hurl which made his job a bit easier.

paddyjohn

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 12, 2016, 01:09:50 PM
Every keeper takes a step once the striker addresses the ball. I have never seen it so pedantically enforced before.

It was a crucial time in the match so he was correct to do what he did. I know what your saying though.

theskull1

The referee has to stand his ground and show the player(s) he's in charge. It's the player who has to yield. Anything else is poor refereeing
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hirty Darry

Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2016, 02:46:52 PM
The referee has to stand his ground and show the player(s) he's in charge. It's the player who has to yield. Anything else is poor refereeing

Extremely over the top in my opinion regarding that particular series of events.

The rules also state all players must not move closer or cross the 20m line until the ball is struck, Ballycastle attackers, on each of these instances,  crossed the line before the ball was struck.  Ref was only interested in the keeper breaking the rule, when others had also offended.

Advantage was played when LW was fouled at the other end and it wasn't taken back for the free.  Footage showed it was barely two seconds, the rule is 5 seconds.

Just a couple of inconsistencies that should be pointed out.

CC has youth on his side and is making good headway but is not the finished product yet, Mr Elliott and Mr Hasson are ahead in my book and would be my shortlist for the final.

Interesting though how decisions like these give you a reason to look up the rules, some would surprise you and it's even more surprising how quite a few of them aren't being applied correctly.

MR2 is it true that only a small minority of you and you fellow whistlers passed the referee rules test?

Surely passing this should be a prerequisite before being allowed to officiate any game, or is it still the case as a ref once told me "no one fails these tests".

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 12, 2016, 10:58:32 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2016, 02:46:52 PM

Extremely over the top in my opinion regarding that particular series of events.

The rules also state all players must not move closer or cross the 20m line until the ball is struck, Ballycastle attackers, on each of these instances,  crossed the line before the ball was struck.  Ref was only interested in the keeper breaking the rule, when others had also offended.

Advantage was played when LW was fouled at the other end and it wasn't taken back for the free.  Footage showed it was barely two seconds, the rule is 5 seconds.

Just a couple of inconsistencies that should be pointed out.

CC has youth on his side and is making good headway but is not the finished product yet, Mr Elliott and Mr Hasson are ahead in my book and would be my shortlist for the final.

Interesting though how decisions like these give you a reason to look up the rules, some would surprise you and it's even more surprising how quite a few of them aren't being applied correctly.

MR2 is it true that only a small minority of you and you fellow whistlers passed the referee rules test?

Surely passing this should be a prerequisite before being allowed to officiate any game, or is it still the case as a ref once told me "no one fails these tests".

I believe you can't do the championship games if you don't pass the rules test and fitness test.

It's funny how everyone can read the rules and state them (cut and paste) but when their own players commit a foul they are the quietest on the sidelines!! You couldn't make it up lol!!

The top refs in the county should get the final! Pick from CC Elliot Hasson and O'Neill....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hirty Darry

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 12, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
Good win for us although not a great game. Tiernan Coyle, Maol Connolly, Donal McKinley and Damon McMullan all put in very good performances. Great to see some of the younger lads driving the team forward now. Johnny Campbell has done a brilliant job in refreshing the team this year and giving the younger lads their chance.

The final will be a much tougher proposition but the team are where they want to be.

The other Mr Campbell hasn't done so bad in giving the youth a chance either!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Johnny has given them the chance because he has no choice in it. If your playing a team thats mostly over 30 your getting into problems down the line with who to replace them. not everyone is so patient and will sit on the bench for years on their chance.

skinny imo is one of the best refs in the county. he calls the game fair and right any time ive seen him. hes talks to the players all the time, expains to them what they have done wrong in a foul and lets the game go.

E Hasson is up there as well for me, hes really good any time ive seen him
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 13, 2016, 09:13:25 AM
Johnny has given them the chance because he has no choice in it. If your playing a team thats mostly over 30 your getting into problems down the line with who to replace them. not everyone is so patient and will sit on the bench for years on their chance.

skinny imo is one of the best refs in the county. he calls the game fair and right any time ive seen him. hes talks to the players all the time, expains to them what they have done wrong in a foul and lets the game go.

Hasson is likely the favourite for it, Could Skinny get 2 finals in a row?

doodaa

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 13, 2016, 09:31:12 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 13, 2016, 09:13:25 AM

Hasson is likely the favourite for it, Could Skinny get 2 finals in a row?

What is "Skinny's" real name?

north aontroim gael

ashman

North Antrim must be the best part of the country for nicknames .