Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 12, 2016, 07:19:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 12, 2016, 07:18:06 AM
Was it not given for a loughgiel defender picking the ball off the ground? It was where a penalty would be given but foul on the ball so 21 yard free?

Was is not given for DD laying on the ball?

Yeah actually that was it. I don't think there was an advantage at the point that was given.

Link

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 11, 2016, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: Link on September 11, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 11, 2016, 10:55:21 PM
Quote from: Link on September 11, 2016, 10:51:11 PM
Can anyone explain how ballycastle got the free on the 21 near the end? To me it seemed like saul got fouled after he flicked the ball on, whoever hit it wide from the wing didn't look to have been fouled. 

A bit strange that they changed free taker twice for it too.

Loughgiel's 11 was very efficient at the placed balls bar the miss early in 1st half.

I would imagine that is the advantage rule at work  ???

Surely if no advantage is gained, it goes back to where the foul was commited.

It was given for a late tackle after the ball was struck. For a late tackle, the free is awarded where the ball lands.

Explains it then, i didn't see the late tackle on the striker of the ball, just on saul.

hurlingstick

The final is in Ballycastle

NAG1

With Dunloy out of action, only logical choice really.

Megaman

Quote from: Link on September 12, 2016, 09:13:08 AM
Can anyone explain how ballycastle got the free on the 21 near the end? To me it seemed like saul got fouled after he flicked the ball on, whoever hit it wide from the wing didn't look to have been fouled. 

Loughgiel's 11 was very efficient at the placed balls bar the miss early in 1st half.

It was given for a late tackle after the ball was struck. For a late tackle, the free is awarded where the ball lands.

Explains it then, i didn't see the late tackle on the striker of the ball, just on saul.

i was the same, i didnt see the late foul, only the original on that advantage was given.

on that then, i take it if advantage is given and there is another foul within the advantage time does that foul then stand  ???

Link

Quote from: Megaman on September 12, 2016, 09:42:14 AM

i was the same, i didnt see the late foul, only the original on that advantage was given.

on that then, i take it if advantage is given and there is another foul within the advantage time does that foul then stand  ???

Good question.

I still think the ref made a mistake here, ball was wide by about 4/5 meters but ballycastle got their free from the centre (this incident isn't that same one as DD laying on the ball).
Was definitely no dissent from Loughgiel at that time.

NAG1

Quote from: Link on September 12, 2016, 09:52:37 AM

Good question.

I still think the ref made a mistake here, ball was wide by about 4/5 meters but ballycastle got their free from the centre (this incident isn't that same one as DD laying on the ball).
Was definitely no dissent from Loughgiel at that time.

Well I think that is as good a clue as any then,
AFAIK if there is a second foul committed while advantage is being played that is the foul and place that will take precedence.

north aontroim gael

Good win for us although not a great game. Tiernan Coyle, Maol Connolly, Donal McKinley and Damon McMullan all put in very good performances. Great to see some of the younger lads driving the team forward now. Johnny Campbell has done a brilliant job in refreshing the team this year and giving the younger lads their chance.

The final will be a much tougher proposition but the team are where they want to be.

imtommygunn

Also what happens if you put it wide during the advantage?? What is the rule on that?

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 12, 2016, 10:23:34 AM
Also what happens if you put it wide during the advantage?? What is the rule on that?

Bug bear of mine this one, especially if it is a free shot, if it is inside the time limit it has been pulled back from what I have seen.
As long as it doesnt get a ridiculous as the rugby advantage rule and is applied consistently then I think it is fair enough.

imtommygunn

Was Watson's goal effort not within the time limit? It was the one that confused me.

I think "skinny" does a great job with the advantage rule. There are a few areas I think people don't understand yet as it's new so you sometimes wonder watching it but i do think he does a good job with it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 12, 2016, 10:40:50 AM

Bug bear of mine this one, especially if it is a free shot, if it is inside the time limit it has been pulled back from what I have seen.
As long as it doesnt get a ridiculous as the rugby advantage rule and is applied consistently then I think it is fair enough.

if another foul is committed after the first one then its the second one or the best advantageous one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Every ref in the county should be sent a DVD of that game yesterday and be told that is the level they should get to. Talking to players, advantage rule being played and keeping up with play also.

Hectic

Pretty sure if there is a foul in advantage time that it is brought back to the original foul.

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2016, 10:52:22 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 12, 2016, 10:40:50 AM

if another foul is committed after the first one then its the second one or the best advantageous one

Right ignore my last post as I would be inclined to believe this man.