Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

While i think you were right mr why did the ref take your word when you were about 60 yards away over the two neutral umpires who were right beside it?? Is there a rule on that or something?

If one umpire ok but it was two.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:24:27 AM
While i think you were right mr why did the ref take your word when you were about 60 yards away over the two neutral umpires who were right beside it?? Is there a rule on that or something?

If one umpire ok but it was two.

The referee has the final decision on that! He could have over ruled my decision and went with the umpires, I was directly behind the ball when it was struck, it never was on target to begin with nor looked like a score. When a ball is hit so high above the post it isn't the best position being underneath it, no one complained, not even the Rossa lads ...

It happened at Croke park before Hawkeye was used, not sure what linesman did it but it was overruled .... If a player strikes someone off the ball I can get the ref to deal with that also, as can umpires, but it was wide all day long as was the time the Cushendall lad played the line ball too close to his own player and fouled the ball resulting in a scored free for Rossa, nothing said on that though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Jim close seemed to...I agree with you 100% and had a similar view but just thought it odd that the two umpires gave a point and the ref took the word of the linesman 60 yards away when the umpires were right beside it. I think he must have thought it wide too and your opinion reaffirmed his. I think it was right just haven't seen it before with neutral umpires.i have seen it with some suspect ones though lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:53:57 AM
Jim close seemed to...I agree with you 100% and had a similar view but just thought it odd that the two umpires gave a point and the ref took the word of the linesman 60 yards away when the umpires were right beside it. I think he must have thought it wide too and your opinion reaffirmed his. I think it was right just haven't seen it before with neutral umpires.i have seen it with some suspect ones though lol.

Nope Jims issues were about me not calling fouls like when they happen during play! I can't stop play and call a foul, Jim and the rest knew it was wide
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Ah. Except the two umpires!!

Hoping to see a tight game today. Doubt loughgiel will be beat but i guess it depends how much ball clarke and mccaughan can get.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2016, 09:06:30 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:53:57 AM

Nope Jims issues were about me not calling fouls like when they happen during play! I can't stop play and call a foul, Jim and the rest knew it was wide

I have to laugh at managers doing that. Dick O'Kane was flat out in the ear of McCotter a few weeks ago in Loughiel about him not telling Mark O'Neill when frees happened.

btdtgtt

Corrigan wasn't exactly value for money yesterday.
A decent crowd there but we'd never have known it.
Cushendall picked off the early scores under very little pressure it was like a training game and when they got their goal the game became a bit of a procession.
Rossa were kept at a safe distance without Cushendall ever really extending themselves.
Neil McManus landing a monster point was about the only thing that stirred the crowd and even Rossa's consolation goal barely caused a ripple. A really tame hour without anything close the what I would expect for a championship semi final.

No shortage of Loughguile and ballycastle folk at the game.
And no shortage of people giving ballycastle every chance.

Hirty Darry

Anyone giving Ballycastle any chance is deluded.

Everything is pointing to a Loughgiel win, many of us will hope Ballycastle can reach the heights of last year but I just can't see it.

Loughgiel have quietly went about their business and haven't shown their full hand to date but they will today.

Can't see anything else but a comprehensive Loughgiel victory.  10-15 points.

Can't wait for a Cushendall v Loughgiel final.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 11, 2016, 10:20:22 AM
Anyone giving Ballycastle any chance is deluded.

Everything is pointing to a Loughgiel win, many of us will hope Ballycastle can reach the heights of last year but I just can't see it.

Loughgiel have quietly went about their business and haven't shown their full hand to date but they will today.

Can't see anything else but a comprehensive Loughgiel victory.  10-15 points.

Can't wait for a Cushendall v Loughgiel final.

Yesterday was a one sided game and still didn't have that margin between the teams.
I doubt the loughgiel camp will be going into the game thinking that way.
Music to ballycastle ears.

Jesusjones

Although Loughgiel go in as favorites of course Ballycastle have a chance and that was the feeling among everyone at the game yesterday and I don't think anyone was being politically correct about it either. The town have beat Dunloy twice in Championship hurling recently and they took us to the absolute pin of our collar last year too. They deserve to be considered genuine contenders. They'll have benefited from last year's campaign. A wee bit older, wiser and a bit more experience. Getting that taste of a Championship final, having one hand on the volunteer cup and letting it slip you would think will be a huge motivational factor for them. Although this year Loughgiel have again been the form team in the league, as expected they made short work of St. Galls and they have more options on the bench. The performances of Clarke and McCaughan to me is the deciding factor. If they hit form Ballycastle win, if not Loughgiel. Looking forward to a cracking game. 10-15 points is a ridiculous prediction!! I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong but... seriously 10-15?   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2016, 10:31:40 AM
Although Loughgiel go in as favorites of course Ballycastle have a chance and that was the feeling among everyone at the game yesterday and I don't think anyone was being politically correct about it either. The town have beat Dunloy twice in Championship hurling recently and they took us to the absolute pin of our collar last year too. They deserve to be considered genuine contenders. They'll have benefited from last year's campaign. A wee bit older, wiser and a bit more experience. Getting that taste of a Championship final, having one hand on the volunteer cup and letting it slip you would think will be a huge motivational factor for them. Although this year Loughgiel have again been the form team in the league, as expected they made short work of St. Galls and they have more options on the bench. The performances of Clarke and McCaughan to me is the deciding factor. If they hit form Ballycastle win, if not Loughgiel. Looking forward to a cracking game. 10-15 points is a ridiculous prediction!! I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong but... seriously 10-15?   

I think he's on the wind up.... Not too many semifinals end up with a score line that much !! Not that anyone would use this thread as a means to motivate their teams and if they did they'd be juvenile at best!!!

This game should be a lot closer .... Haven't seen Ballycastle at all this year (I think) but seen Loughgiel a few times. Playing well good movement great scoring threat from about 6 players tigerish on tackles and good game plan, simple cross field early low balls, player out running onto before defender, picks out the runner coming through easy score!! Most of the forwards can win their own ball too good mix of young and older players to and a decent bench!! Everything you want as a manager!!

As for the Town, I'm sure they'll be fired up for this and should Loughgiel give away too many fouls they won't be able to pull away so leaving it in the melting pot till the end...

May the best team win

Two Hands FFS

Still think Loughgiel will be too strong for Ballycastle. The Town will need a massive improvement compared to the Dunloy game.

Hirty Darry

Loughgiel beat Ballycastle twice in a week recently by 12 & then 7 points without being at full strength.

I know league is not championship but considering these games have been in the run up, not much has changed in 2 weeks to suggest Ballycastle can turn things around.

The Ballycastle v Dunloy championship was as poor a championship game I have seen in a long time.

If Loughgiel don't win by at least 10 I will be very surprised.

After today Loughgiel will be firm favourites for the title.

Seamroga in exile

;D Cushendall going for 3 in a row. They're favourites for the championship  hands down. And deservedly so. Tight game today.  Would be happy with a 1 point win.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2016, 01:47:10 PM
;D Cushendall going for 3 in a row. They're favourites for the championship  hands down. And deservedly so. Tight game today.  Would be happy with a 1 point win.

Having a mind blank.
Last championship not win by the Cushendall or loughgiel?
The 90s were an even 5 way split beaten dunloy and Cushendall - we're in another duopoly unless ballycastle win today?
Fair enough point?