Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Ballycastle haven't hit the heights of last year because they haven't had to. I thought they were comfortable against Dunloy. Yes they got the bulk of their scores from frees but all that means is that they were in dangerous positions and the Dunloy defence decided to foul them. The key for the town is hitting quality ball to Clarke and Mc Caughan and they didn't do this enough against Dunloy. I think its crazy to play Neil Mc Auley at full back. He is by far their best distributor of quality ball. Sitting in at full back he doesn't get the opportunity to play in Ballycastle's 2 biggest threats. He needs to be in the half backs or the sweeper to make the link.   

theskull1

"Haven't had to"  ::) :o

Therefore they collectively decided to not convince anybody (including themselves) that they can mix it wuth the big boys?  :o
Yes this sound plausible  ::)

Ballycastle have no more than a boxers chance going by their league and championship performances to date
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Megaman

sorry but what heights did they hit last year?

i think the only chance Ballycastle have is if it pours down.

cant see anything but a Loughgiel win by 7-10 points.

theskull1

Weather's to be bad this weekend isn't it so....

paddyjohn

Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2016, 08:15:09 AM

Don't mention the weather either, don't mention Corrigan or Glenravel, don't mention the gate men not giving ticket stubs, don't mention the county board, don't mention refs either just in case you upset somebody.

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2016, 10:52:56 PM
So are they keeping the money for themselves ??

Anything wrong with querying why proper check's and balances are not applied Milltown? If I was doing the job of taking money at the gate, I'd demand that every sale was accounted for fear of people inferring some sort of nefarious goings on might be taking place.

To answer your question as best I can ...... Some individual(s) could well be making the most of the opportunity due to the lack of checks and balances ...... very tempting all that cash and no ticketing system for the wrong boy.

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 09, 2016, 09:15:40 AM

Don't mention the weather either, don't mention Corrigan or Glenravel, don't mention the gate men not giving ticket stubs, don't mention the county board, don't mention refs either just in case you upset somebody.

I do not like the tone of your post.

Hectic

Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2016, 09:27:29 AM

Anything wrong with querying why proper check's and balances are not applied Milltown? If I was doing the job of taking money at the gate, I'd demand that every sale was accounted for fear of people inferring some sort of nefarious goings on might be taking place.

To answer your question as best I can ...... Some individual(s) could well be making the most of the opportunity due to the lack of checks and balances ...... very tempting all that cash and no ticketing system for the wrong boy.

I suppose that is where you have to trust your volunteers. That said if I were doing that roles I would prefer some sort of accountability to protect myself from the inevitable accusations.

Na Glinntí Glasa

If i was to pick a winner i would go for loughgiel. They have more scoring threats all over the pitch and have the know how and ability to win a championship.
we were poor, very poor in fact, against ballycastle yet there was only 3 between the teams at the end. most of their scores were from frees and if im honest i though that BC were poor as well, they were just that bit less poor than us.

Would have to go for Cdall in the other game as ive been impressed with them this season despite missing Neil and Aaron for the most of the entire season they dont look to have missed them at all.
hurl like f**k boi!

Usain

Quote from: Hectic on September 09, 2016, 10:15:39 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2016, 09:27:29 AM

I suppose that is where you have to trust your volunteers. That said if I were doing that roles I would prefer some sort of accountability to protect myself from the inevitable accusations.

A very simple solution would be for the county board to get a one size fits all ticket that can be given to each person in attendance. Just go to a decent printers and get loads of books made up. County crest on it and 'Antrim Club Championship' or something like that which covers both codes at all levels. Have numbers 1 - xxxxxxx. Give each person a ticket. People like to get something in return for their £8. Helps with counting attendances etc and accountability. Wouldn't cost the world.

hurlingstick

Member of the county board standing with a clicker even.

Hectic

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 09, 2016, 12:28:31 PM
Member of the county board standing with a clicker even.

As long as he has not had a skinful of drink the night before.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on September 09, 2016, 10:13:20 AM

??

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 09, 2016, 12:46:19 PM

??

Just something else to find fault with #itwasajoke

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on September 09, 2016, 01:02:21 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 09, 2016, 12:46:19 PM

??

Just something else to find fault with #itwasajoke

Don't mention Casement...