Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Development squads didn't get their county jersey (their badge of honor) at the end of the year - not enough money to invest in our future

Then we fix a match(s) that could loose the county I'm guessing 5-10K in potential income, which would easily have helped us invest in our future  :-\ 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hurlingballs

Cushendall had offered their pitch for the use of the other semi final, but didn't get it

hurlingstick

Colum Cunning to referee the game.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hurlingballs on September 08, 2016, 02:32:50 PM
Cushendall had offered their pitch for the use of the other semi final, but didn't get it

Any reason why they didn't?

Hand up

Cushendall didn't get a reason other than it may be considered for future games, ie jobs for the boys again!!
Again I wouldn't be concerned that we didn't get it as we'd all have to Steward, but For supporters going to watch the match the viewing in The Dall is much superior than that in Fr Maginn Park, to be able to see the match isn't something we should apologise for.The car parking issue is a problem wherever you go. Over the 2 days We are pissing 10k down the drain, Why? Surely that would help finish Dunsilly a lot quicker!!

Jesusjones

Hectic I give Ballycastle a good chance. The weather is to be poor on Sunday that'll suit a big strong team like Ballycastle, particularly on a tight pitch like Glenravel.

Hectic

Yeah would not be surprised if Ballycastle came out on top myself. They certainly will have the hunger to match their ability and a few players right on top of their game recently.

Last time I played in Glenravel it was one of the biggest pitches in the county. Did they have to reduce it for their new facilities. Have watched games there in the last few years and never noticed much difference.

Two Hands FFS

Think Cushendall will beat Rossa by 6-8 points. C'Dall should be too good but I expect a battle.

L'Giel to beat Ballycastle by the same amount. Ballycastle were very relient on frees the last day & haven't reached last years form. It's very quiet over in Loughgiel at the minute (especially the posters in here). That's a good sign..they're my favourites for the C'Ship.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 08, 2016, 06:57:38 PM
Hectic I give Ballycastle a good chance. The weather is to be poor on Sunday that'll suit a big strong team like Ballycastle, particularly on a tight pitch like Glenravel.

When was the last time your played on Fr Maginn?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Glenravel is a relatively small pitch

hurlingstick

I think we've to move on from this one ......hopefully it will be a great game although I doubt it. I'll go and hand my £8 to those two wee men who always seem eager to do the gate (strange that). Ask them for a receipt.....the reaction is priceless. Last time I did it he said 'I don't have any receipts but I have these' ...........handed me a raffle ticket!!!!

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 08, 2016, 08:40:24 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 08, 2016, 06:57:38 PM

15 yes ago maybe.

When was the last time your played on Fr Maginn?

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 08, 2016, 09:17:45 PM
I think we've to move on from this one ......hopefully it will be a great game although I doubt it. I'll go and hand my £8 to those two wee men who always seem eager to do the gate (strange that). Ask them for a receipt.....the reaction is priceless. Last time I did it he said 'I don't have any receipts but I have these' ...........handed me a raffle ticket!!!!

This was a tongue in cheek thing years ago - it's gone long passed that now.
I attend championship games in Dublin & Waterford - there's always a stub or paper token returned.
It's incredible in this day and age Antrim are so flippant about gate money.
How it continues is beyond me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 08, 2016, 10:49:00 PM

I attend championship games in Dublin & Waterford - there's always a stub or paper token returned.

So are they keeping the money for themselves ??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 08, 2016, 10:49:00 PM

Agreed, it's ridiculous. No accountability.