Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Guessing ... Id say that Glenravel has viewing for 1000-1500 people tops

St Johns ... if people bring their wellies to keep their feet dry could facilitate 2 to 3 times that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

I reckon about 1000 - 1500.......how many can stand single file round a pitch? Can you imagine if it rains and umbrellas go up? The entertainment will end up outside the fence .......anyway its going to be great weather, a great match, easy to see and we could all use the 15 minute walk to the pitch. ....

Na Glinntí Glasa

its not an idea venue but theres nothing can be done now about it now. Just have to follow it on twitter instead.

SIE get that twitter feed of yours running on sunday for us! :)
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

From the countys page

Parking advice for the Bathshack Senior Hurling Championship Semi Final Ballycastle v Loughgiel : Sunday 11th September 2016 at Con Magees GAC, Fr Maginn Park, Glenravel. 4pm Throw In.

Limited parking in the grounds of Fr Maginn Park; priority for players, officials and disabled badge holders. Additional carpark located off the main road, entrance 50 metres on the Cargan side of Con Magee's GAC entrance which will be clearly signposted.

Please follow the direction of the stewards in attendance. Please allow 15 minutes to park and walk to the pitch.

Admission £8  Thank you for your co-operation.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

50 metres on the Cargan side? Means we may bring the wellies!!

Hectic

Yeah sure next season we will hopefully be back in the all seated stadiums on the main arterial routes. Imbeciles!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on September 08, 2016, 10:06:16 AM
Yeah sure next season we will hopefully be back in the all seated stadiums on the main arterial routes. Imbeciles!

Why are you for building one inside the next 6-9 months?

Hectic

That is my point exactly. I do not know if Glenravel is the best choice but it certainly is not a bad choice. You would think we were spoilt for choice with the whining here. There has hardly been a mention of the game which I really hope to get up to see but if I do not make it the reason will not be the location.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on September 08, 2016, 10:37:16 AM
That is my point exactly. I do not know if Glenravel is the best choice but it certainly is not a bad choice. You would think we were spoilt for choice with the whining here. There has hardly been a mention of the game which I really hope to get up to see but if I do not make it the reason will not be the location.

There is certain degree of truth in the whining though. The Glenravel Club are good club and I enjoy going to watch games there but I feel it's not the correct venue for this game and that isn't a slight on the club in any way shape or form.

I'm thinking of the fact there is very little viewing or parking available when there is a perfectly good option in Cushendall if it was available with plenty of parking in surrounding car parks and easy away.

Hectic

I would assume by those directions above that they must be using a field as a carpark. That was the arrangement last Friday night in Ahoghill. Field had a good slope on it too. I would say that from we joined the queue until we got pitch side it was at least 15 mins but I heard no whining. Few wise craics but nothing more. Maybe hurling supporters are a more fragile breed.

Hectic

Actually just had a look on google maps and there is a massive field beside their second pitch and another on the way in.  Wonder why they are not being used.

hurlingstick

Hectic the main objection is simply the inability to view the game. It's a perfectly valid point.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I fail to see how people being pissed off at a venue of a big match makes them an imbecile? esp neutral fans who want to watch a game.

The county have made a mistake in their choice and it will cost them plenty of peoples cash. I asked the aul boy if he wanted to go last night and he wouldn't entertain it - him a man who would travel the length of Ireland for a county hurling final.

Like others said yday its time for antrim to look at developing their own smaller venue for big games like this. Dont even say Casement Park because its so far off the radar for us we may forget about it until such times as it become a realistic venue.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 08, 2016, 12:34:08 PM
Hectic the main objection is simply the inability to view the game. It's a perfectly valid point.

Perfectly valid indeed. Anyway, have bate the venue thing to death. Many on here giving Ballycastle a strong chance?

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2016, 12:40:35 PM

I fail to see how people being pissed off at a venue of a big match makes them an imbecile? esp neutral fans who want to watch a game.

The county have made a mistake in their choice and it will cost them plenty of peoples cash. I asked the aul boy if he wanted to go last night and he wouldn't entertain it - him a man who would travel the length of Ireland for a county hurling final.

Like others said yday its time for antrim to look at developing their own smaller venue for big games like this. Dont even say Casement Park because its so far off the radar for us we may forget about it until such times as it become a realistic venue.

Was thinking more the idea of having to park and walk taking 15 mins.

Anyway what are the predictions for the game?