Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

how the feck did yous get from talking about the poor venues decisions to people jumping fences  ???

back to the original , as a spectator both semi venues IMHO where poor decisions.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Megaman on September 06, 2016, 10:25:28 AM
how the feck did yous get from talking about the poor venues decisions to people jumping fences  ???

back to the original , as a spectator both semi venues IMHO where poor decisions.

Its them McCooeys, they always bring up the past.  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2016, 08:59:00 AM
Clubs should rid themselves of anyone who jumps the fence to attack a kid. Simply tell them not to darken the door again. The lowest of the low.

I once attended a game where a trade started right on the sideline in front of where I was watching the game. One of our players was on the ground (right against the fence) and an opposition player (in a thick schmozzle) was attempting to kick and stamp on his head. I reached over, grabbed him and held him against to fence so as to stop him. One mentor/bottle carrier was not concerned about his players poor discipline and thought I'd no right to stop him kicking a player in the head. 

Its not always back and white. I'm happy enough with the choice made
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2016, 11:12:39 AM
We all know the difference between breaking up a row and going on to the field to hit youngsters. Although you were wrong to hold an opposition player against the fence while 3 of your men got tore into him...... ;)

You see that's the bit I have trouble with, a row amongst players themselves can be pretty bad, I've always found that the third party peace makers (or whatever they are motivated by) more often than not exacerbate the problem and all hell can break lose.

More often than not I'd be inclined to let the players sort it out themselves, albeit you wouldn't want anyone taking a serious beating like skull witnessed.

I've taken exception to a mentor from another team entering the field of play and "breaking up a fight" by putting one of our lads in a headlock and taking a bit of a pummeling from the other aggressor in the melee. The mentor in question wasn't long realising the error of his ways once I succinctly explained to him where he went wrong.

paddyjohn

What I've learned on here this week, Don't hit kids & Corrigan and Glenravel are dung holes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 06, 2016, 11:55:53 AM
We all know the difference between breaking up a row and going on to the field to hit youngsters. Although you were wrong to hold an opposition player against the fence while 3 of your men got tore into him...... ;)

You see that's the bit I have trouble with, a row amongst players themselves can be pretty bad, I've always found that the third party peace makers (or whatever they are motivated by) more often than not exacerbate the problem and all hell can break lose.

More often than not I'd be inclined to let the players sort it out themselves, albeit you wouldn't want anyone taking a serious beating like skull witnessed.

I've taken exception to a mentor from another team entering the field of play and "breaking up a fight" by putting one of our lads in a headlock and taking a bit of a pummeling from the other aggressor in the melee. The mentor in question wasn't long realising the error of his ways once I succinctly explained to him where he went wrong.

was that against us at your ground?  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2016, 12:36:08 PM
What I've learned on here this week, Don't hit kids & Corrigan and Glenravel are dung holes.

You had to come on here to learn that?  ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2016, 12:40:40 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 06, 2016, 11:55:53 AM

was that against us at your ground?  :o

No, but one of the third party protagonists who IMO should not have been involved got what he deserved and he is from my club.

paddyjohn

Everyday is a school day.

Anyway,

Loughiel by 5 & C'Dall by 7.

theskull1

Sure he was wearing a helmet  ;D
In all seriousness though .. I could have got a belt across the head for my troubles ... and then it descends even further into madness.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

to be fair glenravel is a poor place to have to go and watch a big match, theres no car parking worth talking about and no good viewing facilty for a large crowd.

i was going to head to that game but im not going to a pitch where you will struggle to park or get a decent place to stand to watch it - also them fecking midges are an utter curse there also lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 06, 2016, 02:05:30 PM
to be fair glenravel is a poor place to have to go and watch a big match, theres no car parking worth talking about and no good viewing facilty for a large crowd.

i was going to head to that game but im not going to a pitch where you will struggle to park or get a decent place to stand to watch it - also them fecking midges are an utter curse there also lol

Did they host a final (maybe a semi) around 1990ish and the place came to a complete standstill with people abandoning their cars with tailbacks to ballymena and cushendall, im not sure but as a lad i remember going up to a big game there and it was a complete mess with my da vowing never to be back near it for that type of game

paddyjohn

I work with 2 Glenravel people and they seem to be shocked they got the game and weren't expecting it given the size of the crowd expected. Would Glenravel not of been better getting the IHC & JHC double header and Armoy the SHC semi? Suppose parking isn't any better there, but at least there isn't people parking on the main road into the Glens on a Sunday afternoon. 

Just checking the county website there for fixtures and they've Glenravel down to play Moneyglass on Sunday at 3pm in Div2b Football.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i mind being there for games as a kid and taking an age to get out of the place. its not a good place to host a game.

Even the other week there over in Lgiel was a torture to get parked up at. the cars all on one side and traffic unable to get past. Must be bad for the locals to cope with it on match day.

I know even our place is bad on county final day last year and we had cars parked up in the ground, the chapel grounds, pub car park and the parish hall and it was still busting with cars. Only saving grace is we can get the cars out good and quickly and away home.

hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Glenravel is not a hurling pitch never mind all the rest, it simply is not a hurling pitch.

Can someone answer me what Armoy intend to do with the players/ spectators/ cars/ officials mixing as they leave the pitch only to have to cross an entire other pitch. To me that is a recipe for disaster.