Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2016, 11:01:56 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 02, 2016, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 10:54:05 PM
North Antrim Board at the last county convention. They kindly retracted it after being presented with evidence to the contrary.
Well I didn't know that...but my point still stands that the semi final venues are wrong.

Because you said they are wrong??
In my own opinion..Yes!
You're not short on giving yours

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 11:01:03 PM
North Antrim Board at the last county convention. They kindly retracted it after being presented with evidence to the contrary.
Well I didn't know that...but my point still stands that the semi final venues are wrong.
Perhaps but here, it won't matter a fcuk to the players when me and you are sliding on our arses down the grass bank at Corrigan, in the lashing rain.
That's true.
Rossa have the weather forecast already?? Fix!! :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 02, 2016, 11:06:50 PM
Perhaps but here, it won't matter a fcuk to the players when me and you are sliding on our arses down the grass bank at Corrigan, in the lashing rain.
That's true.

I didn't give an opinion on the venue. Nor did the other Belfast posters!! But carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2016, 11:09:31 PM
That's true.

I didn't give an opinion on the venue. Nor did the other Belfast posters!! But carry on
And where do you think they should be then?

Minder

Corrigan is ok if there are 100 spectators, any more than that and it's shite.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 02, 2016, 11:14:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2016, 11:09:31 PM
That's true.

And where do you think they should be then?

I think it's fair enough to have the semi final in a Belfast venue, no harm in that? After that pick a venue.. Can't monopolise the venues cause it's north Antrim teams winning it!! We played all our football championship finals out of casement when it was closed... We won a few!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Well a bigger neutral North Antrim attendance might have paid for next years development squads to get their county top (aka badge of honor) at the end of the season (unlike this year)  :-\

Serious Question: How do we get more than the bare minimum of West Belfast to become Gaels again? Answers on a postcard (o a strategic development questionnaire)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 03, 2016, 12:35:00 AM
Well a bigger neutral North Antrim attendance might have paid for next years development squads to get their county top (aka badge of honor) at the end of the season (unlike this year)  :-\

Serious Question: How do we get more than the bare minimum of West Belfast to become Gaels again? Answers on a postcard (o a strategic development questionnaire)

I think Belfast Gaels have done alright recently, they can get to Croke Park and win unlike others up north  :o, all be it football, Rossa at a intermediate lately, at juvenile level they have done really well at all levels too, I think the issue is ensuring this success stays at senior level!!

Said before, we've too many clubs which end up almagmating with clubs for a season or two nothing concrete... Rossa and the Johnnies won't lose their identity at hurling or football we won't at football certainly, but possibly at hurling it will take brave decisions to do it, I'd be for clubs to keep their identity at juvenile level but come senior kids need to decide if they are hurlers or footballers, to achieve something now it's nearly impossible to compete at senior in both codes.. Have a city hurling team proper, not a made up one

theskull1

;D Referring to the hurldlers of Loughgiel again HS?  ;D
Let it go man  ;D

FACT: Belfast clubs have by far had the lions share of success at juvenile. I think the numbers of club in west Belfast isn't excessive when you consider the population and that level of success teams in the area have had. I bet you poor coaching/support hits the weaker clubs more than any other factor.

BUT I was talking about their poor attendances at games whether they be in Ballycastle or Belfast. It not a smug point. I think our attendances in NA should be higher as well.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2016, 01:18:13 AM

Stop jumping the fences. Cowardly cnuts.

You're having a laugh. West Belfast clubs have won many minor hurling & football championships as well as ALL minor handball titles in the last 10 years but sure....we don't fulfil fixtures, we go away to the Gaeltacht during the summer, we're anti Irish.
::)

Them angelic wee lads from west Belfast never start nahim so they dont.

To go back to the subject,  Belfast should have a semi final. Its just a pity Corrigan is the only viable option.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2016, 07:50:52 AM

I think Belfast Gaels have done alright recently, they can get to Croke Park and win unlike others up north  :o, all be it football, Rossa at a intermediate lately, at juvenile level they have done really well at all levels too, I think the issue is ensuring this success stays at senior level!!

Said before, we've too many clubs which end up almagmating with clubs for a season or two nothing concrete... Rossa and the Johnnies won't lose their identity at hurling or football we won't at football certainly, but possibly at hurling it will take brave decisions to do it, I'd be for clubs to keep their identity at juvenile level but come senior kids need to decide if they are hurlers or footballers, to achieve something now it's nearly impossible to compete at senior in both codes.. Have a city hurling team proper, not a made up one

Creggan and loughgiel did ok in their finals mr unless that is a very loaded dig ;)

Is corrigan not getting one of the two semis?

Why is it that genuine questions and points about city gaa leads to such defensiveness? The gaa is struggling in west belfast or belfast in general. Many work hard at it and should be respected for it but is a valid point.

btdtgtt

We can't talk about GAA struggling in west Belfast or needing to revitalise it - then dispute a city venue for the last city team remaining.
Some people like to complain about west Belfast GAA withering - but do nothing to help it.
Anyone would think they are happy to see it slide ;)

theskull1

A championship game in Belfast will be poorly attended by Belfast folk or by NA and Derry neutrals. Support for our games in Belfast has been poor long long before Casement became a hay field. Belfast Gael are every bit as passionate when 'they're in'

Does Belfast deserve to host Championship games? Of course they do.

Does hosting Championship games in Belfast help increase spectator interest in our games? The evidence would suggest the answer is no. That's no argument to not host them in the city BTW

Important distinction when you mention the struggle
The GAA has struggled for donkeys on the terraces in Belfast but not when it comes to juvenile success and senior football in StGalls .'

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2016, 11:04:23 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 03, 2016, 09:13:32 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2016, 01:18:13 AM

Stop jumping the fences. Cowardly cnuts.

You're having a laugh. West Belfast clubs have won many minor hurling & football championships as well as ALL minor handball titles in the last 10 years but sure....we don't fulfil fixtures, we go away to the Gaeltacht during the summer, we're anti Irish.
::)

Them angelic wee lads from west Belfast never start nahim so they dont.

To go back to the subject,  Belfast should have a semi final. Its just a pity Corrigan is the only viable option.
I don't dispute that a St Johns MINOR may have hit a Loughgiel MINOR in a MINOR hurling game to start the row but you tell me, when does it become acceptable for grown men to enter the field and attack young lads of 16, 17 & 18 years of age? Absolute scumbags.
No excuse for it. Scumbags indeed.  But the two clubs seemed to have moved on. You haven't. It was a long time ago hs. To bring this up in the discussion about semi final venues is just a bit ott. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

....until next time it suits you to