Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Almost a carbon copy of last years game between Dunloy and Ballycastle. When Ballycastle turned the screw in the second half Dunloy simply could not win any meaningful ball in the middle of the park or their own forward line.

Ballycastle will have a bit of momentum now and will fancy the game against Loughgiel for another crack at the final.  Loughgiel will be a much sterner test though, they have better ball winners and hurlers in every line of the field and if Ballycastle put in a first half like last night I'd say Loughgiel will be out of sight. It'll be a tight game though.

I went and watched the Rossa and St Johns game and I'm sure the Johnnies are sick today. They played the better hurling throughout and were unlucky with the Rossa goal and one of the red cards. Rossa will need to improve massively if they are to trouble Cushendall.  I really can't see it though based on the game I saw yesterday. 

Jesusjones

If Ballycastle play the way they did in the final last year they can beat loughgiel but a repeat of what they offered against Dunloy at the weekend wouldn't get the job done. It was more a case of Dunloys shortcomings rather than anything exceptional from the town that decided the outcome.

WhipHerOnJohn

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 29, 2016, 11:49:39 AM
Almost a carbon copy of last years game between Dunloy and Ballycastle. When Ballycastle turned the screw in the second half Dunloy simply could not win any meaningful ball in the middle of the park or their own forward line.

Ballycastle will have a bit of momentum now and will fancy the game against Loughgiel for another crack at the final.  Loughgiel will be a much sterner test though, they have better ball winners and hurlers in every line of the field and if Ballycastle put in a first half like last night I'd say Loughgiel will be out of sight. It'll be a tight game though.

I went and watched the Rossa and St Johns game and I'm sure the Johnnies are sick today. They played the better hurling throughout and were unlucky with the Rossa goal and one of the red cards. Rossa will need to improve massively if they are to trouble Cushendall.  I really can't see it though based on the game I saw yesterday.

+1

Rossa's use of their extra men left a lot to be desired and they were very lucky to get a result. They will need a big improvement if they are to cause Cushendall much trouble.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on August 29, 2016, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 29, 2016, 11:49:39 AM

+1

Rossa's use of their extra men left a lot to be desired and they were very lucky to get a result. They will need a big improvement if they are to cause Cushendall much trouble.

Indiscipline costing the Johnnies another crack at Cushendall, you cant really judge this game as its very intense and game plans go out the window, I'm sure Rossa will perform a lot better next day out, they'll be allowed to hurl  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Was at hannahstown yesterday myself.
Exciting and tense although neither team looked like they would test Cushendall.

First half was points trading although I thought Naomh Eoin were picking theirs off more easily and after they had a couple of goal chances they got that break through with the goal.

It was looking like there was only one winner until the red cards.
The red cards may have been controversial as they happened as the same time but I think when you break it down they were obvious. Both players got yellow cards which could have been red in the first place. So the 2nd foul - and then verbal abuse of an official - means cunning had an easy call to make.

Curiously Rossa failed to make the numbers advantage count at all and only a scrappy goal that will haunt Naomh Eoin turned the tide for them.

Enjoyable game and the rivalry amongst the supporters as ever but I don't see anything to trouble Cushendall.

Any indications of semi final venues?
Another Loughgiel V Cushendall final would that be the general feeling?
If so I think Dunloy should be the venue.

Milltown Row2

Heard johnnies were missing a lot of decent players too, trouble up the whiterock??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2016, 09:33:47 PM
Heard johnnies were missing a lot of decent players too, trouble up the whiterock??

When is there not :-[

Johnston saga continues - apparently there are looking a new club again.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 29, 2016, 11:31:16 PM

You would of thought after running Cushendall so close last year that St Johns would have pushed on this year as they have a relatively young squad.  Where do these lads want to go or why are they leaving their own club?

Milltown Row2

Was doing the line the other night and Donal Nugent was staring got Lamhs????

Na Glinntí Glasa

not sure if the final will be played at our place, we have plans to dig the main pitch up and drain the top end. if that good weather holds for a few more days it will be started this week.
hurl like f**k boi!

nrico2006

Who are looking for a new club?  Were they not always St Johns players?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

hurlingstick

Loughiel v Ballycastle will be at Cushendal or Armoy I think.

nrico2006

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2016, 01:45:38 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 30, 2016, 09:53:41 AM

Who are looking for a new club?  Were they not always St Johns players?
Rumours of them leaving the Johnnies have been going on for years. I've heard Dunloy & Slaughtniel recently. No idea what truth is in it to be honest.
I don't think that's the reason they were missing against us. They've been in America most of the summer and I heard Ciaran got a full transfer to an American club so wasn't able to transfer back to St Johns in time to play this year.

Who were they with before?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

hurlingstick

Ballycastle v Loughiel is at Glenravel ......strange choice

paddyjohn

Armoy I thought would of been the choice.