Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2016, 05:00:54 PM
Nice of you to let us know manfromdelmonte. Go f**k yourself.
I work with two girls from up that way.
They never stop going on about Antrim hurling and how good they are and they should be in the McCarthy Cup etc

How can a county with some good clubs and a great tradition as well as a huge population(even excluding the other crowd) be so poor.
I just don't get it.

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel 4-24. St Galls 1-7 ft
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 27, 2016, 05:33:04 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2016, 05:00:54 PM
Nice of you to let us know manfromdelmonte. Go f**k yourself.
I work with two girls from up that way.
They never stop going on about Antrim hurling and how good they are and they should be in the McCarthy Cup etc

How can a county with some good clubs and a great tradition as well as a huge population(even excluding the other crowd) be so poor.
I just don't get it.
Take a look further back in the thread. All the answers you need are there.

glens73

btdtgtt

Can we please stop trying to compare the money put into GAA in Dublin - to Belfast.

The playing population in each city is totally incomparable.

We have a fraction of the playing population even if cork Limerick or Galway.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 27, 2016, 07:10:51 PM
Can we please stop trying to compare the money put into GAA in Dublin - to Belfast.

The playing population in each city is totally incomparable.

We have a fraction of the playing population even if cork Limerick or Galway.
They don't get that "down there" . 😉

Milltown Row2

We were competitive for 5 minutes, all I wanted was that our lads put on an honest shift, and most did and hurled above the level they have played all season, most did but the class difference was evident on the scoreboard at the end.

will miss the derby tomorrow, don't bring gone kids!! I heard though the psni are interested in this tie? Well I mean the last one ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 27, 2016, 04:06:48 PM
Under 16 hurling tournament result
Galway 9-20 Antrim 0-2

Lads, Antrim hurling is deluded.
Ye are at Christy Ring standard and will be for the next few decades

Tell us something we don't know already. Did it take you long to figure that one out.

We have know for years we aren't good enough, it didn't happen over night.

But thanks for finding a score showing our kids getting destroyed.
hurl like f**k boi!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 27, 2016, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 27, 2016, 04:06:48 PM
Under 16 hurling tournament result
Galway 9-20 Antrim 0-2

Lads, Antrim hurling is deluded.
Ye are at Christy Ring standard and will be for the next few decades

Tell us something we don't know already. Did it take you long to figure that one out.

We have know for years we aren't good enough, it didn't happen over night.

But thanks for finding a score showing our kids getting destroyed.
I was just shocked at how poor they were

imtommygunn

Two very one sided senior championship games today. Hopefully the other two will be tighter. Probably a surprise st ends beating glenariffe.

I see ld beat st teresas by a bit too. Cushendun glenarm closer than expected.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2016, 08:02:10 PM
We were competitive for 5 minutes, all I wanted was that our lads put on an honest shift, and most did and hurled above the level they have played all season, most did but the class difference was evident on the scoreboard at the end.

will miss the derby tomorrow, don't bring gone kids!! I heard though the psni are interested in this tie? Well I mean the last one ;)

Hopefully it will be a good game. The best ref in the county is doing it so he will keep it all under control.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 28, 2016, 12:00:43 AM

Hopefully it will be a good game. The best ref in the county is doing it so he will keep it all under control.

I'm not reffing tomorrow  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

If ever there was a case that places in championships should be decided by league positions it was those 2 debacles yesterday. High time we simply had the top 8 Antrim teams in the leagues go into the senior quarter finals, the next 8 intermediate and the rest junior. I only caught the closing stages of the Loughgiel v St. Galls match but the scoreline and the atmosphere spoke for itself. In our match it was 2-6 to 0-1 after 7 minutes... game over. Creegan played a match in Owenbeg last year before us and the team they had out that day might have given us a game. But everybody knows they have thrown everything into the bog ball this year, haven't had the time for enough hurling preparation, haven't had the players for matches. Rock bottom of division 2 and it showed yesterday. 6-29 to 1-12, a complete waste of time for everyone involved. I have to say the performance of the day was St. Enda's. Well impressed with them, I thought Glenariff would have beat them with a bit to spare.   

Glensman

Well done to St Endas - performance of the day without a doubt.

No doubt a happy man Last Man.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2016, 12:03:42 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 28, 2016, 12:00:43 AM

I'm not reffing tomorrow  ;D

Exactly.. Skinny will stay out of the spotlight