Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand up

Another massive problem for me is the make up of the group tasked with writing the viable plan!! Frankie, and the Coaching co are incapable as their performance this last 6/8 years proves, I cannot come up with one initiative they roles out with any value to the County!! Who will lead us??

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hand up on August 12, 2016, 11:18:28 PM
Another massive problem for me is the make up of the group tasked with writing the viable plan!! Frankie, and the Coaching co are incapable as their performance this last 6/8 years proves, I cannot come up with one initiative they roles out with any value to the County!! Who will lead us??

Similar kind of point was made before - guys who have failed to drive up standards to date cannot be tasked with a plan to do it with new funding.
National director of hurling should be the man here - there's no need for it to be jump started by an Antrim native.
Begin with others who have done successful jobs in other counties - shadowed by Antrim natives until we can paddle our own canoe.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I miss the old Casement the stand and grass banks were more than good enough for me. Pity they just couldn't clean it up again and forget a mega stadium. Dosent make sense to me GAA not that big in the County lets be realistic.

btdtgtt

Anybody hearing that the Johnnies & shamrocks have both bean put out of MHC?

Na Glinntí Glasa

heard that myself that both of them have been put out of the minor championship. Is this def true?
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Think Dunloy are strong favourites  to win minor anyhow. Is that the case?

north_antrim_hound

How does everyone think we will do in the u21 this Saturday
Are we coming in below the radar for another ambush
Sure Gleeson and bennet etc are no big shakes really
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Minder

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 18, 2016, 06:45:07 PM
Think Dunloy are strong favourites  to win minor anyhow. Is that the case?
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 18, 2016, 06:51:13 PM
How does everyone think we will do in the u21 this Saturday
Are we coming in below the radar for another ambush
Sure Gleeson and bennet etc are no big shakes really

Having watched Waterford against Clare & Tipp on Tg4, this could be 30+ pts if they go full pelt
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ashman

Scary thought .  Waterford are very very good.  This is not a good system . 

btdtgtt

Waterford will win how however much they want to push it. An immensely strong team I would be shocked if they don't win the final with some to spare.
Antrim went defensive last year which won't help this year and Waterford will empty the bench.

It appears both teams have indeed beeneexlelled from the minor hurling - but appeals are expected if not in the process. Dunloy beat the St John's in the league this week and would be favourites especially if st John's are out.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: ashman on August 18, 2016, 07:26:57 PM

There could be a call for the system to be changed after Saturday
Good luck to our lads but I just wish we would take the u21 more seriously
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 18, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
Quote from: ashman on August 18, 2016, 07:26:57 PM

There could be a call for the system to be changed after Saturday
Good luck to our lads but I just wish we would take the u21 more seriously

I think U21 is actually due to be abolished.

Personally I thing the GAA should have used it as a testing ground for a new championship structure.

Na Glinntí Glasa

minors won at St johns on weds night 24hrs after playing st galls in the football championship, 48hrs after playing Ballycastle in the U16 hurling league.

Great sense from the powers that be to make a group of kids play 3 games in 3 days.

hurl like f**k boi!

BigSmoke123

Rumour has it that Neil McManus will be back in the dall sometime next week!!big boost for cushendall if its true....

north aontroim gael

Quote from: BigSmoke123 on August 19, 2016, 02:29:49 PM
Rumour has it that Neil McManus will be back in the dall sometime next week!!big boost for cushendall if its true....

Yeah had heard that myself. I don't think Aaron Graffin will be home for the early rounds though.

Interesting championship in store, looking forward to next weekend.