Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 04, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
Loughgiel player had his stick flung over the wire on the Dunloy side by a St Johns player... He went out through the gate (beside the St Johns subs bench ) to get it and got a stick driven into him by a sub/'player out for the season' as he came back through the gate .....  and a shomozzle kicked off. 

Loughgiel supporters jumped the wire and ran across the field at that point.

Think we'll need bigger fences....

So going by the last match the Johnnies were in that was abandoned they should get through to the next round  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Likely.. Don't think the whole game went well. Ref turned up with no umpires, from what I can hear words were spoken between 2 of them and the ref had to keep an eye on those aswell as 30 players plus subs plus mentors.

Brocky

First mistake is the game was started again after the ambulance left  (at least a 40 minute stoppage) Still 14 mins of the first half to be played and it was starting to get dark. At the end when it was abandoned I couldn't tell you what happened on the far side as it was too dark.

NAG1

Quote from: Brocky on August 04, 2016, 09:55:29 PM
First mistake is the game was started again after the ambulance left  (at least a 40 minute stoppage) Still 14 mins of the first half to be played and it was starting to get dark. At the end when it was abandoned I couldn't tell you what happened on the far side as it was too dark.

That is definitely up there with an Wenger type comment  ;D

Brocky

Wouldn't know what that means but typical from you.

NAG1

Quote from: Brocky on August 04, 2016, 10:25:42 PM
Wouldn't know what that means but typical from you.

"I didn't see it I will have to look at it again on the replay"

;)

Brocky

NAG1 you're correct. I've just watched the replay. It was all St John's fault!! I'll post the video later.

btdtgtt

Devastated in one way that Waterford didn't get the win yesterday - but I wouldn't be so sure of people saying they've missed the boat. So many good players and a big performance to boost confidence and belief. Kilkenny have another big job on their hands next week.

theskull1

Wrong thread btdtgtt

Thought there might have been a double south west upset last night in Dunloy in the intermediate and senior championship.

After being nip and tuck the whole way through Div 3 leaders Tír Na nÓg , produced a real purple patch in the last 10 minutes of extra time to win by 6 in the end against favorites Carey. Some of the scores they took in poor conditions in that last 10 were top drawer. Thought it was a really well fought championship game and the best game of the two on show. Credit to the likes of 'Sam' Martin who has kept the love of the game strong in their club for years.

In the senior game Clooney gave the town their fill of it (albeit with the aid of the breeze) and went in at half time 4 up missing a great goal chance as well in the half, but the wind pretty much literally went out of their sails 5-10 minutes after the restart and handed Ballycastle a handy enough win in the end.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

Quote from: theskull1 on August 08, 2016, 10:46:44 AM
Wrong thread btdtgtt

Thought there might have been a double south west upset last night in Dunloy in the intermediate and senior championship.

After being nip and tuck the whole way through Div 3 leaders Tír Na nÓg , produced a real purple patch in the last 10 minutes of extra time to win by 6 in the end against favorites Carey. Some of the scores they took in poor conditions in that last 10 were top drawer. Thought it was a really well fought championship game and the best game of the two on show. Credit to the likes of 'Sam' Martin who has kept the love of the game strong in their club for years.

In the senior game Clooney gave the town their fill of it (albeit with the aid of the breeze) and went in at half time 4 up missing a great goal chance as well in the half, but the wind pretty much literally went out of their sails 5-10 minutes after the restart and handed Ballycastle a handy enough win in the end.

The odds could have been upset further on Saturday evening if Armoy hadve got their tactics right with the wind in their backs in the 2nd half. One they definitely let slip imo.

NAG1

The South West push on hurling at senior level seems to have stalled with Clooney Gaels and Creggan struggling slightly.

Is this due to lack of numbers or has the rapid rise lead to a bit of levelling off?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2016, 12:00:16 PM
The South West push on hurling at senior level seems to have stalled with Clooney Gaels and Creggan struggling slightly.

Is this due to lack of numbers or has the rapid rise lead to a bit of levelling off?

Id say their best 15 would be very good, but being dual clubs and smaller numbers they will have more injuries, which has an effect on their ability to push on and progress at senior level..

a bitta both
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2016, 12:31:53 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2016, 12:00:16 PM

Id say their best 15 would be very good, but being dual clubs and smaller numbers they will have more injuries, which has an effect on their ability to push on and progress at senior level..

a bitta both
Considering that we are a small club, we are at a point (league status Div 2) whereby we need more hurling focused players and less dual players to push forward,

Na Glinntí Glasa

the lack of constant flow of kids in Cloney playing the games hampers their ability to keep producing players.Its a small parish and they have always had small numbers with no underage teams of their own they rely on them developing at other clubs or in an amalgamation.

Football will always be the main game in the south west but its nice to see the push put onto hurling. Tir Na Og scored some fine points esp the last score from the right half back which was a peach. Carey seemed to lose the fight in them when Randalstown went 4 up and started to hammer long balls up the pitch which was cleaned up every time.

I though Cloney played well for the whole game, they didnt give ballycastle much space in the first half and deservely lead at HT. As the game wore on Ballycastle overall game and stick work was the difference. Scored some fine points.
hurl like f**k boi!

Minder

Creggan not fielding tonight against Glenariffe due to football championship on Friday apparently
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"