Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Horrible games to officiate, the know it all crowd who see everything (except their own teams fouls) want to have their say!! Skinny is a decent referee who's played at the right level and is fit enough to keep up with game.....

Sure ya wouldn't want a Frankie down there for those games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

I've watched replay of Christy Ring a few times now. Nobody else think the referee screwed us? Our penalty claim/their last free!!! They lived off frees ....think their first point from play was in the 35th minute.

theskull1

Same ref that gave St Louis nothing earlier this year

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: theskull1 on July 01, 2016, 11:54:13 PM

Skull ....you're some boy. Very observant, didn't know that.

paddyjohn

Quote from: theskull1 on July 01, 2016, 11:54:13 PM

Spot of the year with that.. Fair play!

I honestly think a win in the Christy Ring would of papered over the cracks that exist. I honestly think that it could be a blessing disguise! I hope some massive changes in management and player attitude for next season and a realisation that we aren't and won't be Liam McCarty contenders for the next 5-10 years.

theskull1

To develop hurling to the right level needs serious effort PJ. I'd be worried that theres not enough 'no wise' hurling mad folk to spread the load and leave the rest spread too thin.

Agree on the paper over the cracks bit

Brocky

Quote from: NAG1 on June 29, 2016, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: Brocky on June 29, 2016, 09:58:24 PM
Can't figure that one out hurling balls. Loughgiel missing at least 6 starters. I'd say cdall maybe 4 if you count lads that might not play this year.
As for the ref I thought he was awful.

Wonder if you could enlighten us bit further broky, specific incidents?

I'm with hurlingstick on this one just curious.

Was a game played with very little intensity on both sides the sending off seemed to strangely work in LGs favour.

The game was ruined by constantly blowing for petty fouls. The big problem I have is his inconsistent fouls. He gave dall a free for dings accidental pull on his own man and gave us nothing when a dall man done the same.
He needs to let the game flow a but and not try to be some super ref by blowing for all these technical minor fouls.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Brocky on July 02, 2016, 10:11:07 AM
Can't figure that one out hurling balls. Loughgiel missing at least 6 starters. I'd say cdall maybe 4 if you count lads that might not play this year.

Was a game played with very little intensity on both sides the sending off seemed to strangely work in LGs favour.

The game was ruined by constantly blowing for petty fouls. The big problem I have is his inconsistent fouls. He gave dall a free for dings accidental pull on his own man and gave us nothing when a dall man done the same.
He needs to let the game flow a but and not try to be some super ref by blowing for all these technical minor fouls.
Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't....he's not there to "let it flow" that's down to the players no??

Minor foul? Explain that one?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurlingballs

"Dings accidental swing brocky" I'm going to presume you were no where near play when that happened. His pull was high late and was most definitely not aimed at his own player.

Seamroga in exile

Day use not know it's loughgiel's fault? Them dall boys wouldn't have a dirty swing in them sure.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on July 01, 2016, 11:12:30 PM
I've watched replay of Christy Ring a few times now. Nobody else think the referee screwed us? Our penalty claim/their last free!!! They lived off frees ....think their first point from play was in the 35th minute.

Jeez man you must be bored :-[

Brocky

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2016, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: Brocky on July 02, 2016, 10:11:07 AM

Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't....he's not there to "let it flow" that's down to the players no??

Minor foul? Explain that one?
You know well what I mean mr2. Anyway does 53 frees in the one match not tell it's own storey. Especially when it wasn't an intense or dirty game.

Milltown Row2

There are two ways to look at it brocky.... Do I call every free and appease everyone or do I let certain things go .... Which gets people slabbering mouthing off and hurling abuse at you??

Loughgiel and Cushendall games have become a lot more tetchy niggly games.... Someone leaves the stick in, pulls high ,  early and late.... Some scuffles .... Its a pain in the hole if I'm honest.... I'm not refereeing to keep you happy..... Again some games can go flat out and be very entertaining, again that's not down to the referee

theskull1

Doesn't appear that you've too many people backing your argument Brocky so maybe you should consider why that might be the case

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2016, 09:50:53 AM
There are two ways to look at it brocky.... Do I call every free and appease everyone or do I let certain things go .... Which gets people slabbering mouthing off and hurling abuse at you??

Loughgiel and Cushendall games have become a lot more tetchy niggly games.... Someone leaves the stick in, pulls high ,  early and late.... Some scuffles .... Its a pain in the hole if I'm honest.... I'm not refereeing to keep you happy..... Again some games can go flat out and be very entertaining, again that's not down to the referee
At the extremes a hurler can take to the pitch happy to do his opponent some damage or stay on the pitch and play the game within the rules as we know them. Teams will have players who fall anywhere within this spectrum. What does the referee do? Read a players mind and estimate how "wicked" he's feeling today and clip him before he pulls the trigger.
While i am no fan of some of our referees, I respect the fact they are out there doing the job. Some are far from ideal but clubs and coaches have questions to answer.
Coaching dirt into a young players game as opposed to bravery and sacrifice. Players with a tendency for dirt in my experience are quite often burdened with fear of their own pain and/or fear of their own failure (note the selfishness, problem players always take things personally and have little concern for what is best for the team.). How did any of us who are coaches let that happen?
Clubs not committed to driving up coaching standards and setting standards generally throughout the club.
Lets shine the spot light here for a while, then we can get tore into the referees. :)