Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurlingballs

Cushendall team notably weaker than the shamrocks, surprising win and didn't think over all the ref was too bad brocky

Brocky

Can't figure that one out hurling balls. Loughgiel missing at least 6 starters. I'd say cdall maybe 4 if you count lads that might not play this year.
As for the ref I thought he was awful.

paddyjohn

What were the teams and who was the ref?

Hurlingballs

Skinny was the ref, sent ding off (2yellows) after a seriously dirty swing which ended up hurting his own man! We were missing Burkey, Ryan our goalie and forwards.

NAG1

Quote from: Brocky on June 29, 2016, 09:58:24 PM
Can't figure that one out hurling balls. Loughgiel missing at least 6 starters. I'd say cdall maybe 4 if you count lads that might not play this year.
As for the ref I thought he was awful.

Wonder if you could enlighten us bit further broky, specific incidents?

I'm with hurlingstick on this one just curious.

Was a game played with very little intensity on both sides the sending off seemed to strangely work in LGs favour.

Hand up

Brockey much as I think he's a a first class p***k I also think he's a first class referee!! And in my mind the only ref in the County actually capable of controlling a Div 1 game. I'd say there where a few occasions where lesser refs would have calfed to the abuse your crowd gave him, but he did the game as fair as possible. We should have had a card for our full backs foul on Dan in the second half and Perhaps a second yellow for Dave for persistent fouls but that's only a maybe!!
As for the game we started like a train and Scored some great scores and built a lead which was deserved. Some of our forwards although where worryingly poor and to me didn't put in a shift for the team. Loughguile where chasing shadows in the first 30, but by God they uped the ante after Ding went for an awful pull on young Betty, more like the Ding of the pre Nelson era. We just about held on against 14 men, what our plan was along the line was would keep me up half the night trying to figure it if it wasn't only the Feis!! But a win is a win especially against the bodies😉 but will mean very little come September!!

Hirty Darry

Loughgiel management won the game for Cushendall tonight.  Refused to play their County players due to disciplinary reasons (they apparently took Sunday off due to playing Christy Ring on Sat evening).  What do you make of that SIE? (If you were even at the game.)

Exiled Ruairi

Cushendall were missing 7 starters from All Ireland campaign, Eoin Gillan, Ryan Mccambridge, Martin Burke, Aaron Graffin, Shane McNaughton, Neil McManus and Donal McNaughton, with only Gillan, Burke and McCambridge to come back in. Neil, Shane and Aaron are travelling and Donal has retired.

It's good to see the likes of Joe McCurry, Eoin McManus, Fergus McCambridge, Emmet Laverty, Ryan Delargy, Alex Delargy and Cormac McAlister getting plenty of senior game time over the last 2 years which will only make our squad stronger in the long run.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Exiled Ruairi on June 30, 2016, 12:21:10 AM
Cushendall were missing 7 starters from All Ireland campaign, Eoin Gillan, Ryan Mccambridge, Martin Burke, Aaron Graffin, Shane McNaughton, Neil McManus and Donal McNaughton, with only Gillan, Burke and McCambridge to come back in. Neil, Shane and Aaron are travelling and Donal has retired.

It's good to see the likes of Joe McCurry, Eoin McManus, Fergus McCambridge, Emmet Laverty, Ryan Delargy, Alex Delargy and Cormac McAlister getting plenty of senior game time over the last 2 years which will only make our squad stronger in the long run.

Young boys holding there own too.  Cushendall's under strength couldn't be helped, Loughgiels however was self inflicked.  I know I wouldn't be happy knowing a better team could have played but everyone to their own.

btdtgtt

It all sounds like a taster for later in the year!
Dare I say it - but already seeing the interest in our Club scene compared to County!
Imagine if we had interest in games that matter every week!

cfclg

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 30, 2016, 09:55:09 AM
Dare I say it - but already seeing the interest in our Club scene compared to County!

Exactly what this county needs. Full throttle league games with teams fielding full strength squads. Summer Sundays, good hurling, big crowds and few beers after. Simple.

Do NOT allow anyone you know talk about county team/management/squad/Meath/Ulster final as it really is irrelevant and will only depress you and everyone around you! Back to focusing on what we do best, club hurling and developing the young cubs. Like somebody said earlier, lets STOP putting lipstick on a PIG.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hirty Darry on June 30, 2016, 12:01:18 AM
Loughgiel management won the game for Cushendall tonight.  Refused to play their County players due to disciplinary reasons (they apparently took Sunday off due to playing Christy Ring on Sat evening).  What do you make of that SIE? (If you were even at the game.)
I wasn't at it. Busy man  ;)  Tony and Eddie are injured and Clyde is working is England. As for the rest I've no idea.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: cfclg on June 30, 2016, 10:15:48 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 30, 2016, 09:55:09 AM

Exactly what this county needs. Full throttle league games with teams fielding full strength squads. Summer Sundays, good hurling, big crowds and few beers after. Simple.

Do NOT allow anyone you know talk about county team/management/squad/Meath/Ulster final as it really is irrelevant and will only depress you and everyone around you! Back to focusing on what we do best, club hurling and developing the young cubs. Like somebody said earlier, lets STOP putting lipstick on a PIG.

What about everyone showing a lot more commitment to both like other counties that are suceesfull in both
Just an idea
Certainly better than referring to our county set up as a pig
I think that attitude is our biggest problem
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 30, 2016, 10:54:32 AM
I wasn't at it. Busy man  ;)  Tony and Eddie are injured and Clyde is working is England. As for the rest I've no idea.

Who's Clyde SIE
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 30, 2016, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 30, 2016, 10:54:32 AM

Who's Clyde SIE
Odhran
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"