Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

milltown row

Chill Skull everybody has an opinion on different players from clubs, let it go, could i have the dates/times and venues for the semi finals referees.

Casement would be nice but hey i'll travel down and watch

NAG

Skull

Will he be away kicking soccer this weekend?

This is my opinion formed fairly over watching him for years, I will not retract it because it is true. If you were watching the games nuetrally then you would see what I am getting at.

He is a class act and a lovely hurler. But not one to win you a ball when the going is tough.

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on September 13, 2007, 04:17:10 PM
Skull

This is my opinion formed fairly over watching him for years, I will not retract it because it is true. If you were watching the games nuetrally then you would see what I am getting at.

He is a class act and a lovely hurler. But not one to win you a ball when the going is tough.

Now that is what I call an opinion and you are very much entitled to it. My problem is what you said at the start of your first post about last nights game

Quote from: NAG on September 13, 2007, 10:05:33 AM
Neill McAuley won the first two or three balls off P. Shileds and the next thing he had a phantom injury and had to be moved.

That my friend is slander not an opinion and as far as I'm concerned you are not entitled to come out with crap like that without people taking issue with it. The lad picks up a genuine ankle injury but its ok to for people like you to insinuate that he bottled it and faked injury to get himself out of the game? I cannot believe others think that slander is acceptable

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

girt_giggler

Skull

Yes, he's in Leeds

theskull1

Quote from: girt_giggler on September 14, 2007, 10:41:58 AM
Skull

Yes, he's in Leeds

Is he away this weekend? Girts incorrect reply to your question answers this question

Will he be away kicking soccer this weekend? No because he is injured. Do you still think he isn't?

girt_giggler

He's in Leeds, prize for winning NI Schools Cup with St Louis couple of months back (which he was team captain).

Carneige (Irish league sponsors), also sponsor that competition, so winners travel to Leeds (where Carneige are based), to play winners of the England,Scotland & Wales competitions. 

They are also taking part in various outdoor activities. They went yesterday morning & return Monday.

maxpower

I may be wrong, anything is possible but...

They are not over in Leeds for a tournament against the British teams, they are over as reward for winning the Northern Ireland soccer schools cup alright, but as far as i know its purely recreational.  some outdoor pursuits, the chance to kick about in and enjoy the facilities at the Leeds met and see around Elland road.

there may be a challenge game against the local school/area team but i'd be sure shorty will give this a miss and get himself right for the cushendall match next week. 

Too me NAG you have just about inflicted the biggest insult you possibly can on a hurler by questioning his honesty and committment to his team, something i never thought i hear said about one of Dunloys most committed and talented hurlers.

What happens next????

NAG

Max Power

Give me a break

How can you say he is one of Dunloy most committed Hurlers, he has only played two senior championship games. He is playing on a team with guys who have played 15 years of senior championship hurling, when he has completed 5 or so then we can say he has that sort of committment. I think its time you had the rose tinted glasses off.

I did not insult him I have made an observation on his style of play which many here would agree with.  I didnt mention anything about his committment to the rest of his team, Im sure the rest of his team dont mind digging in and doing some work for him, after all it takes all sorts to make up a team, doesnt it?

theskull1

FFS
How is inferring that he faked injury to get moved off an opponent not an massive personal insult NAG? At least have the balls to answer one of my questions will you? I'm still trying to work out if you're twisted, stupid or just too stubborn to admit you were out of order. 

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on September 14, 2007, 01:08:36 PM
FFS
How is inferring that he faked injury to get moved off an opponent not an massive personal insult NAG? At least have the balls to answer one of my questions will you? I'm still trying to work out if you're twisted, stupid or just too stubborn to admit you were out of order. 

Skull is your main beef with NAG the nature of the insult/slander or the fact that it is aimed at a clubmate? Would you be speaking out so vociferously if it was someone from another club?

maxpower

this is not about whether he likes the rough stuff or not, the only objection i have to your comments was in regard to 'the phantom injury' you say he picked up in order to get away from Neal McAuley, now maybe i've interputed this wrong but to me that says

1 - he's dishonest,
2 - he lacks committment to his team, ie he'd put his own performance above the teams needs

you're well entitled to your opinions on his style of hurling, it is his attitude your so badly mistaken about.

Also i can claim he is one of the most committed of the Dunloy hurlers because he seldom misses training, despite the heavy burden on him playing for so many teams and his A Level year, he made a real effort at club level.  i don't think he needs 5 years senior hurling behind him to be recognised as a committed hurler
What happens next????

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on September 14, 2007, 01:11:34 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 14, 2007, 01:08:36 PM
FFS

Skull is your main beef with NAG the nature of the insult/slander or the fact that it is aimed at a clubmate? Would you be speaking out so vociferously if it was someone from another club?

My beef with NAG is down to the nature of the insult and feel compelled to address it as it has been aimed at my clubmate. If it was someone from another club that I knew and respected I would most certainly say something if the insult was as slanderous as what NAG has came out with. If I didn't know him, I would hope that his clubmates would defend him, if of course they felt the insult wasn't in their opinion true.

Is there a point to why you ask?

milltown row

NAG wont retract, i'm all for defending my club mates but this has went on a bit.

will the win against Dunloy in the under 21 game give Ballycastle any hope or belief against Loughgiel? or have they met their target this year and get better for next?

what areas will Dunloy get the better of Cushendall and will it be enough?

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on September 14, 2007, 02:14:05 PM
NAG wont retract, i'm all for defending my club mates but this has went on a bit.

will the win against Dunloy in the under 21 game give Ballycastle any hope or belief against Loughgiel? or have they met their target this year and get better for next?

what areas will Dunloy get the better of Cushendall and will it be enough?

An area i think Dunloy will struggle will be midfield, where Donal Mc Naughton and Paddy Magill have been outstanding all year. I just cant see Dunloy getting the scores against a pretty tight Cushendall backline.