There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnneycool

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 20, 2016, 09:50:43 AM
Well done to Antrim
Let's hope they can get a result v Meath this weekend
Big shock for Down
They seem to have have some dicipline issues at the moment
Some red cards in the last two games

No big shock at all, three of the team away on a stag do, very little training done since the Christy Ring defeat and no one gives a shit about the Ulster championship.

Discipline does seem to be an issue, maybe its wee men trying to be big men I don't know, but I know one of our lads is inclined to walk a tightrope in terms of double yellows, but he plays in the forwards for us and in the backs for the county and IMO as good as a hurler he his, he needs to learn how to defend when his opponent has the ball rather than panicking and slapping away where he gives up loads of fouls and yellows.
There's an art form to it, some pick it up instinctively, others learn it once they're shown and sometimes you learn from hard lessons being taught on the field of play and others just don't get it.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnneycool on June 20, 2016, 10:24:44 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 20, 2016, 09:50:43 AM
Well done to Antrim
Let's hope they can get a result v Meath this weekend
Big shock for Down
They seem to have have some dicipline issues at the moment
Some red cards in the last two games

No big shock at all, three of the team away on a stag do, very little training done since the Christy Ring defeat and no one gives a shit about the Ulster championship.

Discipline does seem to be an issue, maybe its wee men trying to be big men I don't know, but I know one of our lads is inclined to walk a tightrope in terms of double yellows, but he plays in the forwards for us and in the backs for the county and IMO as good as a hurler he his, he needs to learn how to defend when his opponent has the ball rather than panicking and slapping away where he gives up loads of fouls and yellows.
There's an art form to it, some pick it up instinctively, others learn it once they're shown and sometimes you learn from hard lessons being taught on the field of play and others just don't get it.

That's a pity if I was honest I thought they where hurling better than us In LG but conceded a lot of frees and serious borderline physicality from more than one player
On hurling ability they should be beating Armagh and would have have have Antrim a fair rattle In the final
Antrim don't seem to motivated by Ulster and after the christy ring wouldn't have been training to hard for final
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Feis Cup semi will hardly be played tomorrow night?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 19, 2016, 11:24:44 PM
Chris O'Connell leave the panel?
Away on holiday I believe.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Must have been a tight u21 final tonight. Anyone at it? Must have been near the last puck of the game cushendall goaled...

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2016, 08:54:45 PM
Must have been a tight u21 final tonight. Anyone at it? Must have been near the last puck of the game cushendall goaled...

It was .....good game. Alec Delargy scored the scrappiest winning goal in  the last minute. Very close game.

Megaman

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 20, 2016, 09:55:03 PM

It was .....good game. Alec Delargy scored the scrappiest winning goal in  the last minute. Very close game.

what game where you at, it was a pretty poor game IMHO,  from our point of view we played very badly all over the field maybe bar 3/4 positions.

Loughgiel IMO didnt play all that well either.

but saying that credit to the boys, they stuck at it to the very end and got the chance to win it at the end and took it.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Megaman on June 21, 2016, 07:30:21 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on June 20, 2016, 09:55:03 PM

what game where you at, it was a pretty poor game IMHO,  from our point of view we played very badly all over the field maybe bar 3/4 positions.

Loughgiel IMO didnt play all that well either.

but saying that credit to the boys, they stuck at it to the very end and got the chance to win it at the end and took it.

What i should have said was it was a close game. Totally agree that neither team played well. It was tight throughout though which made it entertaining enough. Cushendal got out of jail I think!!!!

Stillwater2

I hear some club games going ahead with county players involved in Div 3 tomorrow nights, county wont call them off.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Stillwater2 on June 21, 2016, 10:29:56 AM
I hear some club games going ahead with county players involved in Div 3 tomorrow nights, county wont call them off.

Glad to hear it. Feis cup semi on Thursday too ......Cloughmills v Clooney Gaels

cfclg

Will be interesting to see if Antrim GAA move with the times and change the times of this weekend games to avoid the clash with Ireland match.

NAG1

Quote from: cfclg on June 23, 2016, 12:19:27 PM
Will be interesting to see if Antrim GAA move with the times and change the times of this weekend games to avoid the clash with Ireland match.

Id say this will probably fall to clubs between themselves to sort out.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 23, 2016, 12:46:04 PM

Christy Ring replay on the same time as Norn Iron is playing, Antrim not looking for a new time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 23, 2016, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 23, 2016, 12:46:04 PM

Christy Ring replay on the same time as Norn Iron is playing, Antrim not looking for a new time?

I know what I'll be watching..... Extreme makeovers on Sky Atlantic  ;D

Was down your neck of the woods today, pitch looking great!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea