Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Saffron71

I'm not sure if he's related or not.  All I know is that he was involved with County Minor and Under 21 teams in the past.

theskull1

Joes Grandfather was from Cloughmills. Wasn't getting much game time when he moved up to senior level and loved his hurling too much to sit on the sidelines. One of those lads ... a bit unorthodox but gives every ounce.  A real good fella. Sad he moved on. 

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah joe wasn't getting much game time for Dunloy and wanted to play at a level he felt he was good enough for. Senior reserve games wasn't what he wanted so he left Dunloy a few years ago.

Like Skull says hes a really good fella and someone who I personally have a lot of time for. Its a pity he left but you cant fault a lad who wants to play.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2016, 03:47:13 PM
Do Ballymena still have a hurling team? I thought they did

Nothing beyond under age level. Most their lads play for other teams in hurling and football for Ballymena.

The sames happened at Rasharkin in hurling at under age level. You worry for the future of the game in those clubs when that happens.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

I though last night was a better quality game between Loughgiel and Dunloy than the league fixture.

Main thing I've learnt across both games is that there is very little between the two sides at the minute and unlikely to change in the next couple of months.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: north aontroim gael on June 15, 2016, 03:21:03 PM
I though last night was a better quality game between Loughgiel and Dunloy than the league fixture.

Main thing I've learnt across both games is that there is very little between the two sides at the minute and unlikely to change in the next couple of months.

Was a good tight game but the sending off ruined it as we where a point up at the time but it was tit for tat
Thought the second yellow was harsh and Ruined the game. Watson knew he (kevin) was on a yellow and decided to niggle him
Eamon Hasson took the bait
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

tbh I thought it was a poor game from both sides. A lot of poor wides in each half.

I don't think we played overly well and the two winning scores came from 2 mistakes at our own puck outs. They cost us the match, We played with a man down again and I didnt think we looked out of sorts that much, Lgiel didn't take advantage of it again.

I agree with you NAG, theres nothing between the two teams.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

DD's/Loughgiels puck outs were the difference between the 2 teams. Where we competed 50/50 on most of our, LG won a very high percentage of clean possession as a result of DD's accuracy and the intelligent movement of their out field players. Hes a great stick man is DD.

Enjoyed the game myself. Very well contested .... but yes quite a few missed scores

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 15, 2016, 03:49:06 PM

Was a good tight game but the sending off ruined it as we where a point up at the time but it was tit for tat
Thought the second yellow was harsh and Ruined the game. Watson knew he (kevin) was on a yellow and decided to niggle him

niggle him and he lost the rag and got sent off? no ones fault only the player that decided to react to the niggling surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2016, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 15, 2016, 03:49:06 PM

niggle him and he lost the rag and got sent off? no ones fault only the player that decided to react to the niggling surely?

Eamon did OK up to that no complaints
Imm not saying he had a choice
But kevin was looking for any more yellows but his man was
I couldn't have a rats a.s what you think of it
Where you there

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 15, 2016, 04:03:54 PM
tbh I thought it was a poor game from both sides. A lot of poor wides in each half.

I don't think we played overly well and the two winning scores came from 2 mistakes at our own puck outs. They cost us the match, We played with a man down again and I didnt think we looked out of sorts that much, Lgiel didn't take advantage of it again.

I agree with you NAG, theres nothing between the two teams.

Agreed our short puck outs led to their scores but the long puck didn't seem a good idea with there spare man in there
We got a bit of lesson on puck outs all right
LG very good at i
But we have a very young goalie and he made some mistakes but still you can see his potential
LG where lined out at full strength and we where competing with very young forwards so happy enough

hurlingstick

There was a clear foul on Watson right before the sending off which wasn't given. A push in the back. That resulted in the confrontation. McKeague  (no. 6) could have been sent off in first 10 minutes for the double slap on Benny. I thought it was a clean enough game .....Nigel Elliott is class when he gets going.

Hand up

Big win for us tonight in the Feis against the town, well score wise at least. The score line was 2-25 to 0-15
the teams where missing players but the town where brutal we were 10 points up after 15 mins with some great play. Alex Delargy caused McAuley all sorts of bother with his clever movement, Campbell ran riot in the first half, and Magill ran big Matty ragged, and RD scored about 4 points as well, for the town Clarkey didnt look interested,but a bigger task on Tuesday night against The Shamrocks.