johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2016, 02:34:49 PM
Quote from: bogieman on June 10, 2016, 02:19:03 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2016, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: bogieman on June 09, 2016, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2016, 05:39:50 PM

Exactly
Our game v the dall cancelled last night as well
But it is what it is and a I suppose in view of the way headquarters appointed officials f...ked things up they are maybe right to throw them some slack

Why bring headquarters into this NAH... or just rage at every opportunity

And all you self-righteous ones who blamed the ref, isn't it wonderful that you boys have never made a mistake ?

Both teams played out the match knowing the score on the board, right or wrong, and Antrim were beat on the final blow. Would've saved some embarrassment all round if Meath's last free had pointed, but it didn't seem important when the game was on the blow.

Let them keep the cup, they earned it...  ;)
To err is human; to forgive, divine.

Ill bring headquarters into this as much as i see fit
there was more than the ref there, what was the fourth official doing
I cant see how anyone complaining about one of the biggest c..k ups  in an all Ireland final as being self righteous considering headquarters handling of it since
has messed up our club league dates no end and now we have a match on the same day as the football

its obvious that this wouldn't happen to a kilkenny match in September so why is this

and as for '' Let them keep the cup they earned it '' could you explain this to me as even the incompetent people that created this mess have now declared it a draw and have arranged a replay not once but twice

The fourth official looks after the subs and displays additional time. Do you think he should also keep score, and when he's at it, maybe blow a horn for timekeeping.

I'll break it down into 2 parts;
A. 1 human mistake by the ref. Maybe none of the players or coaches made any mistakes during the game. Anyways, I've explained my reasoning before, Meath earned and got the cup, let them keep it.
B.  Handling of situation by HQ after Antrim went back crying - 'nuff said 'bout this, poor show all round, a fair few chaps embarrassed. There's a few turns left on this road yet. At least there's a bit more time to get the main thing straightened out...  ;D

Are you actually saying that a ref has never made a mistake during a Kilkenny match in September, ever ? This is to do with part A.

As regards your final point, you're back in a rage against the machine again. You are mixing up part A and part B to suit your argument. For your problems since, start from when Antrim went back crying in part B.

Ok did Meath win? Was this mistake by the ref in the first half or the last 7 minutes of the game? explain, earned to win the cup? it was a draw and they earned a draw, no? there has been a lot of crying on both sides, a non point was used as a means to excuse and when they were told Hawkeye was in use that argument fell silent strangely enough....

as you are so up to date with the rules and the fourth official I've done 4th official at an Ulster club semi final and my job was informing the ref about subs, putting the board with number for the subs and allocating the injury time, that the referee tells me to put up! I don't time it myself (though I did on that occasion) the other job of the 4th official is to monitor the notings and the yellow or black cards (if it was football) and keep score, is that official? I don't know I just did what the ref wanted.. he also had an umpire at either end taking scores.. halftime we made sure they all tallied up....

at big championship games these are the minimum requirements that a referee will have taken... he was man enough to put in the report that the game ended in a draw, that's the only official report that counts, but you'd know that

I'm still not convinced that the referee's notebook didn't have a Meath win in it when he initially tallied it up after the game!
If he knew it was a draw why then didn't he call a halt to the presentation there and then?
It can't be easy on the referee and some of his officials may have let him down also by giving both county managements a short rebuttal when they asked if the scoreboard was correct or not.

It was a mess and the best thing the GAA could do is come clean on what transpired and change the matchday process to prevent this from happening again!
But will they do that, f**k no, they'll go into coverup mode and bury their heads in the sand.

btdtgtt

Agreed JC.
It only makes sense that the Ref indeed had a one point Meath win - and changed this on reviewing TV.
Can't imagine he'd have the score a draw and allow the presentation to go ahead.
But I also share your opinion on the chances (none) of some transparency to explain the error - something which would allow us to move on.
On a similar note - why did we pay for Hawkeye if it wasn't deemed an mportant enough game to use it?

bogieman

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 10, 2016, 05:21:15 PM
Agreed JC.
It only makes sense that the Ref indeed had a one point Meath win - and changed this on reviewing TV.
Can't imagine he'd have the score a draw and allow the presentation to go ahead.
But I also share your opinion on the chances (none) of some transparency to explain the error - something which would allow us to move on.
On a similar note - why did we pay for Hawkeye if it wasn't deemed an mportant enough game to use it?

The only man talking sense on the thread currently.  8)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

NAG1

Quote from: bogieman on June 10, 2016, 11:54:01 PM
Agreed JC.

Hawkeye was used in the two preceding games if I'm not mistaken.

There is a procedure for it to be used and it has to be requested at the time by the officials for a specific score. Not retrospectively.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2016, 08:46:59 AM
Quote from: bogieman on June 10, 2016, 11:54:01 PM
Agreed JC.

Hawkeye was used in the two preceding games if I'm not mistaken.

There is a procedure for it to be used and it has to be requested at the time by the officials for a specific score. Not retrospectively.

Every score is checked by Hawkeye apparently, whether the official asks for it or not. If they see an issue where a score looks wide and the ref hasn't asked for Hawkeye they will radio down to the ref that they want to look at it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

White and maroon the new johnnies colours then?  ;D nice gesture by Cushendall. 👍
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

paddyjohn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 12, 2016, 07:13:21 PM
White and maroon the new johnnies colours then?  ;D nice gesture by Cushendall. 👍

Explain?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 12, 2016, 07:42:09 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 12, 2016, 07:13:21 PM

Explain?
I'm not sure what happened with St John's kit but they played the first half in Cushendall's away kit. Back to normal in second half.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Hand up

Not really a big issue, the Johnnies forgot their own Jerseys and we have a spare set. The match itself was quite poor fare  to be honest, neither team handed out a hit during the 60 mins which was strange as both badly needed the 2 points.
We didn't even need to put a man marker on Bradley he  didn't want to know!! Any truth in the rumour he was doing a bit of slabbering against another city team recently? #Leopardspotsetc!!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hand up on June 12, 2016, 10:41:54 PM
Not really a big issue, the Johnnies forgot their own Jerseys and we have a spare set. The match itself was quite poor fare  to be honest, neither team handed out a hit during the 60 mins which was strange as both badly needed the 2 points.
We didn't even need to put a man marker on Bradley he  didn't want to know!! Any truth in the rumour he was doing a bit of slabbering against another city team recently? #Leopardspotsetc!!

Yes. But in that other big ball game.  ;)

Hirty Darry

MR2, lets hypothetically say you were whistling that game.  You had the game as a draw in your notebook, but look up at the score published by Croke Park and see Meath are a point up at the end of the game.  You know the game is fairly high profile and has been televised(and think to yourself Croke Park couldn't be wrong) , would you not have been tempted to go with the Croke Oark result (in the fear you had made a major c**k up on the big stage?).  It would be a logical explanation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on June 12, 2016, 11:54:16 PM
MR2, lets hypothetically say you were whistling that game.  You had the game as a draw in your notebook, but look up at the score published by Croke Park and see Meath are a point up at the end of the game.  You know the game is fairly high profile and has been televised(and think to yourself Croke Park couldn't be wrong) , would you not have been tempted to go with the Croke Oark result (in the fear you had made a major c**k up on the big stage?).  It would be a logical explanation.

I've said before.... I've got two umpire's to keep score, I've corrected many a score board during games, I've also marked down wrong score (temporarily) for other team, but knew score in my head.... This referee is experienced enough to have put the same measures in place, did he make the wrong call at the end?? Yeah he probably did and seeing as it was the 63rd minute he's got lost in his score keeping and took the scoreboard as the actual score, not impossible to think that.... But what I did post was he corrected it after discussing it with others (umpires,linesmen and probably someone from croke)

It could have been worse and gave the score to Meath and we could have won the match!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cfclg

Cloughmills showing real promise this year. Wins against Carey midweek and another win against St Galls in Belfast yesterday. Based on that form, they'd be favourites for intermediate I'd imagine. Good to see them doing well.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: cfclg on June 13, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
Cloughmills showing real promise this year. Wins against Carey midweek and another win against St Galls in Belfast yesterday. Based on that form, they'd be favourites for intermediate I'd imagine. Good to see them doing well.
Would the Biddy's have ringers from Loughgiel or Dunloy or all genuinely from Cloughmills?

Two Hands FFS

Not all Cloughmills. 2 or 3 ringers at least.

€5 Euro into Christy Ring Final with proceeds going to charity. Could the 'Dunsilly Project' be classified as Charity? 8)