Quote from: paddyjohn on June 09, 2016, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 09, 2016, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on June 09, 2016, 01:39:36 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2016, 01:37:36 PM
antrim game now moved to 25th in croke park

Joke...

Why so?

Why isn't it?

HQ made the decision for it to be played this weekend, why change it?

Because they didn't apply their own rules and give enough notice to both parties. They were at the mercy of both County Boards to agree to it and Meath played hard ball wanting another day in Croke park and had HQ bang to rights on the game going ahead this Saturday.

There was no reason it couldn't have been played on the 18th with the Ulster semifinal vrs Derry being moved to the Sunday!

paddyjohn

Quote from: johnneycool on June 09, 2016, 03:11:26 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on June 09, 2016, 02:28:59 PM

Joke...

Why so?

Why isn't it?

HQ made the decision for it to be played this weekend, why change it?

Because they didn't apply their own rules and give enough notice to both parties. They were at the mercy of both County Boards to agree to it and Meath played hard ball wanting another day in Croke park and had HQ bang to rights on the game going ahead this Saturday.

There was no reason it couldn't have been played on the 18th with the Ulster semifinal vrs Derry being moved to the Sunday!

Football Feile weekend also 24/25/26 in Limerick.. A few clubs from Antrim involved that also.

Leftbackno4

Joke...

Why so?

Because clubs lost a round of (Div 1) hurling games for this farce for 1 reason

johnneycool

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 09, 2016, 04:26:05 PM

Joke...

Why so?

Surely that was Antrim's decision, granted it was based on what the CCC came up with before consulting with either CB, damn right arrogance from them yet again by those in Croke Park compounding the initial issue.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 09, 2016, 04:26:05 PM

Joke...

Why so?

Exactly
Our game v the dall cancelled last night as well
But it is what it is and a I suppose in view of the way headquarters appointed officials f...ked things up they are maybe right to throw them some slack
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

bogieman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2016, 05:39:50 PM

Exactly
But it is what it is and a I suppose in view of the way headquarters appointed officials f...ked things up they are maybe right to throw them some slack

Why bring headquarters into this NAH... or just rage at every opportunity

And all you self-righteous ones who blamed the ref, isn't it wonderful that you boys have never made a mistake ?

Both teams played out the match knowing the score on the board, right or wrong, and Antrim were beat on the final blow. Would've saved some embarrassment all round if Meath's last free had pointed, but it didn't seem important when the game was on the blow.

Let them keep the cup, they earned it...  ;)
To err is human; to forgive, divine.

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

NAG1

But that's the point they weren't beaten in the match.
It's pretty straightforward the game was a draw therefore due to the mistake the only thing to do was to replay the game.

Problem is that the GAA officials couldn't even get the refixing of the game right shows the lack of respect held for both teams and counties and the competition in general.

This was ok when it was just a county level problem but their mistake them filtered down to club games getting pulled for no reason so everyone suffers.

IMO the clubs games should have been going ahead regardless if the game was this weekend or on the 25th as is now.

Get the game played get the play off played and forget this season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on June 09, 2016, 07:13:05 PM

Exactly

And all you self-righteous ones who blamed the ref, isn't it wonderful that you boys have never made a mistake ?

Both teams played out the match knowing the score on the board, right or wrong, and Antrim were beat on the final blow. Would've saved some embarrassment all round if Meath's last free had pointed, but it didn't seem important when the game was on the blow.

Both teams played out the last 7 minutes on the wrong score, not the match... If Antrim had have concentrated on taking more scores when on top they would have won... It doesn't matter what time they didn't  score at, at the end.... Had Antrim been in same boat as Meath id be saying same thing.... I've yet to hear too many Meath men come on and be a little bit embarrassed about the whole scenario

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Exactly

Ill bring headquarters into this as much as i see fit
there was more than the ref there, what was the fourth official doing
I cant see how anyone complaining about one of the biggest c..k ups  in an all Ireland final as being self righteous considering headquarters handling of it since
has messed up our club league dates no end and now we have a match on the same day as the football

its obvious that this wouldn't happen to a kilkenny match in September so why is this

and as for '' Let them keep the cup they earned it '' could you explain this to me as even the incompetent people that created this mess have now declared it a draw and have arranged a replay not once but twice 

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2016, 11:12:00 PM

Exactly

I cant see how anyone complaining about one of the biggest c..k ups  in an all Ireland final as being self righteous considering headquarters handling of it since
has messed up our club league dates no end and now we have a match on the same day as the football

its obvious that this wouldn't happen to a kilkenny match in September so why is this

and as for '' Let them keep the cup they earned it '' could you explain this to me as even the incompetent people that created this mess have now declared it a draw and have arranged a replay not once but twice

That's soccer.  ;)

Megaman

ill be very surprised if the game is played this year at all.

as i said, toss a coin to see who goes up and move on.

bogieman

Exactly

The fourth official looks after the subs and displays additional time. Do you think he should also keep score, and when he's at it, maybe blow a horn for timekeeping.

I'll break it down into 2 parts;
A. 1 human mistake by the ref. Maybe none of the players or coaches made any mistakes during the game. Anyways, I've explained my reasoning before, Meath earned and got the cup, let them keep it.
B.  Handling of situation by HQ after Antrim went back crying - 'nuff said 'bout this, poor show all round, a fair few chaps embarrassed. There's a few turns left on this road yet. At least there's a bit more time to get the main thing straightened out...  ;D

Are you actually saying that a ref has never made a mistake during a Kilkenny match in September, ever ? This is to do with part A.

As regards your final point, you're back in a rage against the machine again. You are mixing up part A and part B to suit your argument. For your problems since, start from when Antrim went back crying in part B.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on June 10, 2016, 02:19:03 PM

Exactly

The fourth official looks after the subs and displays additional time. Do you think he should also keep score, and when he's at it, maybe blow a horn for timekeeping.

A. 1 human mistake by the ref. Maybe none of the players or coaches made any mistakes during the game. Anyways, I've explained my reasoning before, Meath earned and got the cup, let them keep it.
B.  Handling of situation by HQ after Antrim went back crying - 'nuff said 'bout this, poor show all round, a fair few chaps embarrassed. There's a few turns left on this road yet. At least there's a bit more time to get the main thing straightened out...  ;D

Are you actually saying that a ref has never made a mistake during a Kilkenny match in September, ever ? This is to do with part A.

As regards your final point, you're back in a rage against the machine again. You are mixing up part A and part B to suit your argument. For your problems since, start from when Antrim went back crying in part B.

Ok did Meath win? Was this mistake by the ref in the first half or the last 7 minutes of the game? explain, earned to win the cup? it was a draw and they earned a draw, no? there has been a lot of crying on both sides, a non point was used as a means to excuse and when they were told Hawkeye was in use that argument fell silent strangely enough....

as you are so up to date with the rules and the fourth official I've done 4th official at an Ulster club semi final and my job was informing the ref about subs, putting the board with number for the subs and allocating the injury time, that the referee tells me to put up! I don't time it myself (though I did on that occasion) the other job of the 4th official is to monitor the notings and the yellow or black cards (if it was football) and keep score, is that official? I don't know I just did what the ref wanted.. he also had an umpire at either end taking scores.. halftime we made sure they all tallied up....

at big championship games these are the minimum requirements that a referee will have taken... he was man enough to put in the report that the game ended in a draw, that's the only official report that counts, but you'd know that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: bogieman on June 10, 2016, 02:19:03 PM

Exactly

Only a deluded clown would try and lay the blame of this sorry affair at Antrims feet
I have never had a personal attack on the ref  as the only point in your argument that makes sense is he is human
But by all accounts he was recording the score of the scoreboard and not looking at the flags he observed like he should be doing
If he  was doing that then surely at the final whistle be would have been saying " hold on guys my score differs from the board"
MR2 can maybe enlighten us here but surley when your handed an All Ireland Final to ref you should be going by your own book
I know what a 4th official does but in this case the score irregularities where brought to his attention and he could have told the ref to check his score
But I would give the ref a lot more respect than you as he put his hands up and admitted he made a mistake and the game was a draw which you seem to be struggling with
Imm more peaved  with croke park taking three days to meet about this then setting a date four days later without consulting both counties and after refixing club games the date has changed again
What a bunch of dysfunctional idiots
Your brain is still stuck at 2 minutes after the final whistle and it's all Antrims fault
And stop bringing  " Rage against the machine" into it
Rap Metal has nothing to do with a badly officiated hurling final