Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand up

I believe it's a personal thing against him,was told at our match tonight which he coasted through, that the management think he's too slow, crazy stuff and yep I'm biased I wish we had a few more like him in Cushendall.
On the u21 match itself it was over at half time where we had too many senior hurlers against a very young Dunloy team. They certainly have some talent and I'd say over the next 2 years will lift a title. Pad Burke was strong in no6 and up front we had goals in us from Christy and Conrad Mc Donnell( good to see him back after losing a finger from this match at home last year. Couple of our Minors did well young Ed McQuillan &  Fred McCurry.
Any word on the other matches?

hurlingstick

Quote from: Hand up on June 06, 2016, 10:26:54 PM
I believe it's a personal thing against him,was told at our match tonight which he coasted through, that the management think he's too slow, crazy stuff and yep I'm biased I wish we had a few more like him in Cushendall.
On the u21 match itself it was over at half time where we had too many senior hurlers against a very young Dunloy team. They certainly have some talent and I'd say over the next 2 years will lift a title. Pad Burke was strong in no6 and up front we had goals in us from Christy and Conrad Mc Donnell( good to see him back after losing a finger from this match at home last year. Couple of our Minors did well young Ed McQuillan &  Fred McCurry.

Naomh Padraig, Loughiel and Rossa through. Cushendal away to Naomh Padraig in semi.

hurlingstick

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 06, 2016, 10:37:17 PM

Naomh Padraig, Loughiel and Rossa through. Cushendal away to Naomh Padraig in semi.

I thought RD looked your most dangerous forward tonight. Ed McQuillan was fantastic although went out of it second half.

Hand up

Yeh RD finally produced a performance and it's been a long time coming hopefully he'll be a bit more consistent now, he's a nice lad with unbelievable skill but drives our supporters mad!! Naomh Padraig have a lot of good hurlers so we'll look forward to next Monday.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Hand up on June 06, 2016, 11:05:45 PM
Yeh RD finally produced a performance and it's been a long time coming hopefully he'll be a bit more consistent now, he's a nice lad with unbelievable skill but drives our supporters mad!! Naomh Padraig have a lot of good hurlers so we'll look forward to next Monday.

Well done to cushendall
They hit us for 2 goals before we got going and fully deserved their win
Our young lads did get to grips with the game and gave as good as they got
Your number 13 looks like a real prospect
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

hurlingstick

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 06, 2016, 11:17:34 PM
Quote from: Hand up on June 06, 2016, 11:05:45 PM

Well done to cushendall
They hit us for 2 goals before we got going and fully deserved their win
Our young lads did get to grips with the game and gave as good as they got
Your number 13 looks like a real prospect

That's Ed McQuillan

theskull1

Pretty much, though Id be happy with the way we kept at it, battled and took some nice scores and came away with our heads held high. Cushendall looked very seasoned and will be hard to beat
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

I enjoyed the U21 match last night, some great hurlers on both teams. Thought Ryan McCambridge was the pick of the bunch.

paddyjohn

Who is in charge of the C'Dall Un21s?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 07, 2016, 01:40:53 PM
Who is in charge of the C'Dall Un21s?

I seen Karl mcKeegan on the line

paddyjohn

Declan Bogue reporting a replay in the Christy Ring Final.

Get McManus & Graffin back home ASAP..  :P

north_antrim_hound

theskull1

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 07, 2016, 01:26:56 PM
I enjoyed the U21 match last night, some great hurlers on both teams. Thought Ryan McCambridge was the pick of the bunch.

Yes looked to be operating well inside his comfort zone for most of the game ...maybe smarting from sitting on the bench on Sat? Christy very dangerous. Liked the look of your no.4 who played the spare man role very well. Who is he? ***  :'(

***Clubs need to organise a way of getting a panel list (with picture) out via social media just as a game starts, so that people can get to know opposition names and faces. Being hidden behind faceguards doesn't help promote our players.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on June 07, 2016, 03:28:14 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on June 07, 2016, 01:26:56 PM

Yes looked to be operating well inside his comfort zone for most of the game ...maybe smarting from sitting on the bench on Sat? Christy very dangerous. Liked the look of your no.4 who played the spare man role very well. Who is he? ***  :'(

***Clubs need to organise a way of getting a panel list (with picture) out via social media just as a game starts, so that people can get to know opposition names and faces. Being hidden behind faceguards doesn't help promote our players.

Wouldn't be difficult to have players given jersey numbers at start of year?? Then you'll know who's who!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

Well another big match too look forward too on Sat evening!!!
Hopefully the League matches will go ahead tomorrow night, we've had enough inactivity in May/June.