Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Let Meath keep it, Antrim were an embarrassment
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on June 04, 2016, 10:18:00 PM
oh I agree. Best team won hands down. It's just amazing how a final in croke can be scored wrong.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

paddyjohn

Whoever runs that clubaontroim Twitter account should be clashed or at least have the phone taken off them. A mistake was made, Antrim lost out. Get over it.

theskull1

Lets not have any excuses. Lets be man enough to accept that thats our level. We could have gotten over the line but didn't but would that have only hidden the truth of where were at. Thats not to ridicule anyone thats trying to improve our lot. It just is what it is. We showed little or no togetherness or belief in each other and invited on what came about.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 04, 2016, 10:33:41 PM
Whoever runs that clubaontroim Twitter account should be clashed or at least have the phone taken off them. A mistake was made, Antrim lost out. Get over it.

Seems like a 14 yr old is manning that account
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 04, 2016, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 04, 2016, 10:18:00 PM
oh I agree. Best team won hands down. It's just amazing how a final in croke can be scored wrong.

Meath didn't win, the game was a draw. What a shambles.

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on June 04, 2016, 10:43:30 PM
Lets not have any excuses. Lets be man enough to accept that thats our level. We could have gotten over the line but didn't but would that have only hidden the truth of where were at. Thats not to ridicule anyone thats trying to improve our lot. It just is what it is. We showed little or no togetherness or belief in each other and invited on what came about.

Actually sums up the whole season for the county team pretty well. Promised so much ended in utter shambles.

Feel sorry for Woody Pappy and Sambo, three genuine hurling men asked to clean up a mess that wasn't their doing.

The seeds were sowen early in the year and hard to come back from the disgrace that it was.

Leftbackno4

I'm sure the Antrim stats man will be able to confirm the correct score ?

If the ref recorded a score wrong and gave  an Antrim point for Meath it wasn't a draw, Antrim would have won by a point.

We lost whatever way you look at it.

The players weren't good enough to beat Meath

The management wasn't good enough to beat Meath.

paddyjohn

Quote from: theskull1 on June 04, 2016, 10:43:30 PM

Those few lines summed the whole season up for me. Well said pal.

I hope Sambo, Woody, Pappy & Neal Pedan stay on with the team. Give them a fair crack at it,

NAG1

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 04, 2016, 11:08:58 PM

If the ref recorded a score wrong and gave  an Antrim point for Meath it wasn't a draw, Antrim would have won by a point.

Genuinely think the management wouldn't have been out of place playing  ;)

No blame attached to this management for the result at all.

Look further back if you want to attach blame

Leftbackno4

3 great Antrim men who stepped up when we needed them most and I would back them all the way for another tenure.

But you can't look past the fact  they picked, prepared, setup and motivated this Antrim team with only one objective which was to win an All Ireland final in Croke Park against Meath and they lost.

The substitutions were shocking.

Our most dangerous forward on the day (Conor Johnston) got absolutely no service ....

The defence were commanding in the 1st half and strangers to each other in the 2nd....

This result sets us back 2 years...

NAG1

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 05, 2016, 12:02:05 AM
3 great Antrim men who stepped up when we needed them most and I would back them all the way for another tenure.

But you can't look past the fact  they picked, prepared, setup and motivated this Antrim team with only one objective which was to win an All Ireland final in Croke Park against Meath and they lost.

The substitutions were shocking.

Our most dangerous forward on the day (Conor Johnston) got absolutely no service ....

The defence were commanding in the 1st half and strangers to each other in the 2nd....

This result sets us back 2 years...

Only management to blame for this result was the original one at the outset of the season. Disgrace

theskull1

I disagree
Blame donkeys years of poorly attended, poorly invested in , poorly emphasised, poorly supported, dev squad & minor preparation.

We've poor prepared our fighters for years and then pushed them into the ring only to bury their heads into their gloves when they quickly find themselves on the ropes against better prepared opponents. And then we ridicule them for their ineptness. Why the fcuk would anyone want to fight for that?

We are broken at County level and it'll take more than one or two changes to fix it IMO

And we want to build a 38K stadium to play in  ???
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on June 05, 2016, 07:32:01 AM
I disagree
Blame donkeys years of poorly attended, poorly invested in , poorly emphasised, poorly supported, dev squad & minor preparation.

We've poor prepared our fighters for years and then pushed them into the ring only to bury their heads into their gloves when they quickly find themselves on the ropes against better prepared opponents. And then we ridicule them for their ineptness. Why the fcuk would anyone want to fight for that?

We are broken at County level and it'll take more than one or two changes to fix it IMO

And we want to build a 38K stadium to play in  ???

I certainly don't compare our players to fighters - nor absolve them of blame. Poorly invested in does not cover their part in our demise.

But as I said before - for the primary issue to address this - does anyone believe we can lift our standard without a radically invigorated club scene? No. We know this issue - it's within our control - not dependent on money or anyone else - so f**kin do something.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on June 04, 2016, 11:30:57 PM
Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 04, 2016, 11:08:58 PM

Genuinely think the management wouldn't have been out of place playing  ;)

No blame attached to this management for the result at all.

Look further back if you want to attach blame
ryan?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"