Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 03, 2016, 03:31:54 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 03, 2016, 03:11:18 PM
its a great place to have, were lucky we have the people with the vision and hunger to do all the work to get us where we are.

The next phase thats to be started is the external 3G pitch on the tarmac surface beside the academy and new flood lighting to replace the existing on the second pitch. That will help with external training for the club and be used for hire as well.

Fantastic, it's come some way from changing upstairs in the old place up the right hand side!

;D lol i mind them changing rooms well, entire playing days were used for there.

Glenariffes old changing rooms were something else as well before they got them new ones.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 03, 2016, 04:58:43 PM
its a great place to have, were lucky we have the people with the vision and hunger to do all the work to get us where we are.

The next phase thats to be started is the external 3G pitch on the tarmac surface beside the academy and new flood lighting to replace the existing on the second pitch. That will help with external training for the club and be used for hire as well.

Fantastic, it's come some way from changing upstairs in the old place up the right hand side!

;D lol i mind them changing rooms well, entire playing days were used for there.

Glenariffes old changing rooms were something else as well before they got them new ones.

Many a slap I nursed in them changing rooms for sure. Ballymena old ones at the top of the bottom pitch also were fun on a wet night.

There has been some work done around the clubs to bring the facilities up to scratch, Dunloy, Creggan, Glenravel to name a few. Portglenone were out selling tickets for their new place to a few weeks back. Shows the strength of the GAA.

bannside

By default that probably means PaddyJohn that you never had the unenviable pleasure of changing in the tin huts at Hugomont! Now that was an experience.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on May 03, 2016, 07:46:49 PM
By default that probably means PaddyJohn that you never had the unenviable pleasure of changing in the tin huts at Hugomont! Now that was an experience.

What age do you think I am?? Lol

All Saints have done a power of work, credit to the club.

ned

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 03, 2016, 08:46:26 PM

Never mind the changing rooms, that pitch tested my limited skills. Sometimes had to beat a man and a low hanging branch! Most uneven pitch ever. We used to change in our cars or the bus.
Always liked Dunloy's old changing rooms. Seemed exotic going upstairs to get ready. Scene of my last ever match. I had a stormer unusually but was away to England soon after. Miss those days. You young lot are spoiled.  ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: ned on May 03, 2016, 11:01:08 PM

Never mind the changing rooms, that pitch tested my limited skills. Sometimes had to beat a man and a low hanging branch! Most uneven pitch ever. We used to change in our cars or the bus.
Always liked Dunloy's old changing rooms. Seemed exotic going upstairs to get ready. Scene of my last ever match. I had a stormer unusually but was away to England soon after. Miss those days. You young lot are spoiled.  ;)

Never played on the hugomount pitch. I agree always was something about coming down the stairs and hitting the daylight that got the blood going.

Memories eh?

Na Glinntí Glasa

was at your pitch on fri night. the development of the new pitch is coming on really well. Its badly needed down there as having one pitch is not idea when you have football & camogie going on during the year.

That pitch badly needs a rest to try and recover as its in bad shape
hurl like f**k boi!

Tony Baloney

They were futuristically minimalist before it became fashionable.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2016, 01:34:33 PM

The sarnies were always well received ... Everytime, no matter how many times we won  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2016, 01:34:33 PM

LOL
There was nothing minimalist about the flaking once you hit the grass
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnneycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 03, 2016, 11:56:44 PM

Never played on the hugomount pitch. I agree always was something about coming down the stairs and hitting the daylight that got the blood going.

Memories eh?

The old Dunloy changing rooms were way ahead of their times, overlooking the pitch, a dozen lads crammed against the windows looking out on a shitty day. I think one of the windows was cracked and had a sock stuck in it IIRC.
They were par for the course back then to be fair.
Showering was a hit or a miss in most clubs, either freezing cold water or piping hot, no mixer taps in sight!!

Gizzy15

Quote from: johnneycool on May 04, 2016, 02:16:54 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 03, 2016, 11:56:44 PM

Memories eh?

The old Dunloy changing rooms were way ahead of their times, overlooking the pitch, a dozen lads crammed against the windows looking out on a shitty day. I think one of the windows was cracked and had a sock stuck in it IIRC.
They were par for the course back then to be fair.
Showering was a hit or a miss in most clubs, either freezing cold water or piping hot, no mixer taps in sight!!

Milltown would have given anywhere a run for their money when it came to showers. Asbestos feet required back then to dare to have a shower with the concrete floors and walls painted with a thick green moss. i think thats the reason flip flops for the shower were invented. :-[

Minder

I remember changing in a caravan in Glenarm, I think their changing rooms had been set alight in an arson attack at the time
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Minder on May 04, 2016, 02:56:14 PM
I remember changing in a caravan in Glenarm, I think their changing rooms had been set alight in an arson attack at the time

Sounds like a scene from the movie Snatch
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north aontroim gael

Armoy's old changing rooms that sat on the opposite side of the pitch to the current facilities were the roughest I ever frequented!