Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lets talk about hurling instead lol

seems like a lot of pitches are bad shape at the moment. I can see a few games not going ahead this weekend if the rain doesnt hold up. I know ours has taken a real hammering and our main pitch still isnt opened up.

I dont rem this many games at all levels being called off before at this stage of a season.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Think clubs with the support of the Ulster Council should be looking petition our local government/councils to set up some sort initiative to provide funding to clubs to assist with improving/maintaining pitch drainage 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on April 13, 2016, 02:15:30 PM
Think clubs with the support of the Ulster Council should be looking petition our local government/councils to set up some sort initiative to provide funding to clubs to assist with improving/maintaining pitch drainage

+1

This is the type of thing that our politicians should be all over, how many (for example) soccer clubs for instance own their own pitches?

Therefore as rates payers we are paying for the maintenance of the pitches that they play on, IMO the same level (or an agreed level) of maintenance should be afforded to GAA clubs who chosen to invest in their own communities by purchasing land and developing it for sporting use.

Two Hands FFS

Hardly likely to happen when the DUP voted to block rate relief for sports clubs!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 13, 2016, 03:41:24 PM
Hardly likely to happen when the DUP voted to block rate relief for sports clubs!!

Yet OO halls don't have to pay any!

MoChara

Was there ever confirmation that the CR match would be in Abbotstown?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: MoChara on April 14, 2016, 07:25:34 PM
The last I heard it was to be played in Parnell.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

MoChara

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 15, 2016, 06:02:20 PM
Quote from: MoChara on April 14, 2016, 07:25:34 PM
The last I heard it was to be played in Parnell.

Sound, think it was one of the papers had me thinking it's was abbotstown

paddyjohn

Any Shams or Ruaris tell me if the match is on this Sunday? Heard today it could be called off..

Justanopinion

Just echoing what Paddy John has asked - any word of Cushendall vs Loughgiel match is on tomorrow? Hearing the senior match is moved till Monday evening and just reserves tomorrow. ....

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 15, 2016, 10:47:34 PM
Any Shams or Ruaris tell me if the match is on this Sunday? Heard today it could be called off..
Monday evening I believe.

Two Hands FFS

Ruairi Og FB page

Reserve match 2pm Sunday
Senior 6.45 Monday night

Justanopinion

Seamroga in exile

I'm going to head to the Dunloy/johnnies game. It should be a tight game. Looking forward to it