Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: PastHurler on April 11, 2016, 11:43:55 PM
Hi lads, I am new to this forum but just wanted to know about strong rumours coming out of the Ballyduff Senior hurling club in North Kerry that PJ o Mullain is on the verge of joining their set up as a coach this summer? Has anyone heard anything about this?
The logistics seem quite tough, but I think Jerry Wallis travelled up
From Cork before to manage the Antrim hurlers.

Welcome to the board

Kerry seem to be on a upward trajectory at present
Couple this with antrims regression I can't see the logic
Plenty of good hurling men in closer proximity than PJ
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

MoChara

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 12, 2016, 12:09:02 AM
Hi lads, I am new to this forum but just wanted to know about strong rumours coming out of the Ballyduff Senior hurling club in North Kerry that PJ o Mullain is on the verge of joining their set up as a coach this summer? Has anyone heard anything about this?

Welcome to the board

Kerry seem to be on a upward trajectory at present
Couple this with antrims regression I can't see the logic
Plenty of good hurling men in closer proximity than PJ

I'd have to agree we're a bit out of the way to make it worth while when you'd have a heap of talent on your doorstep .

bannside

Best of luck to Woody Sambo and Gary. Three men who owe Antrim nothing and who could hurl with the best in the country. These men will stop the slide and get Antrin hurling on an upward curve again. Every Antrim gael should get right behind them from the start.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on April 12, 2016, 10:10:44 AM
Best of luck to Woody Sambo and Gary. Three men who owe Antrim nothing and who could hurl with the best in the country. These men will stop the slide and get Antrin hurling on an upward curve again. Every Antrim gael should get right behind them from the start.

And also Neal Peden from St Johns.

Anybody heard anything about the new set up? Any lads off the panel? Any new ones brought in?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 12, 2016, 10:53:25 AM

Anybody heard anything about the new set up? Any lads off the panel? Any new ones brought in?

MC manus won't be going back as reported earlier in the week
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

MoChara

Strange after reading the CAP about the appointments and they never mention Neal Peden at all, and talk about "the trio" etc.

paddyjohn

Quote from: MoChara on April 12, 2016, 01:37:11 PM

Strange after reading the CAP about the appointments and they never mention Neal Peden at all, and talk about "the trio" etc.

Would you expect anything else from the CAP?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its an anti-city thing. us north antrim ones push our agenda through the CAP lol

Silly mistake by the CAP, they should of had his name in it.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Good to see Neil in there too. Antrim senior hurling badly needs a strong city presence and this needs to be reflected in the management set up. To be fair as far as I can see over the years this hasnt been an issue.

Unlike the football set up where amazingly I do not recall a senior manager ever from the South west, and rarely even at under 21 or minor level either. Something that will need to change very soon!

Unlaoised

Hope these appointments get Antrim back on track!
LAOIS ABÚ

Brocky

Some milage cheque there! Or maybe you provide a taxi.
Sure send us a message or 2 about it.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Brocky on April 13, 2016, 06:51:04 AM

more nonsense.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

cfclg

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 13, 2016, 09:23:25 AM

Bound to be a milkman that does a run from Kerry to Loughgiel..................

paddyjohn

Quote from: cfclg on April 13, 2016, 10:07:33 AM

Wouldn't bet on it.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 13, 2016, 10:44:27 AM
Quote from: cfclg on April 13, 2016, 10:07:33 AM

Wouldn't bet on it.....

why not? it seems to be the thing to do  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea