Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Any word from last night's meeting about the in house betting yet?

theskull1

Playing in the CR will be another farce after the run we've been on IMO. I can't see anyone's heart being in it regardless of the commitment shown by some. I'd give the players the final vote on whether they've ambitions to compete properly in the competition. If not .... pull out.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on April 01, 2016, 04:34:36 PM
Playing in the CR will be another farce after the run we've been on IMO. I can't see anyone's heart being in it regardless of the commitment shown by some. I'd give the players the final vote on whether they've ambitions to compete properly in the competition. If not .... pull out.

What are the consequences of not playing in an All Ireland Competition?

This I would imagine would result in banning from competitions for a number of years at this point.

theskull1

Quote from: NAG1 on April 01, 2016, 04:35:55 PM

This I would imagine would result in banning from competitions for a number of years at this point.

That really would be kicking a man when he's down, but yes ... I could see that being the 'upper echelons of the GAA way' .

btdtgtt

Kilkenny footballers have set somewhat of a precedent here?
But I don't see any such request being facilitated by GAA at HQ on this occasion.

From casement dunsilly betting & pJs resignation (let alone cushendall scandal) I'm still waiting to see how our new all promising county executive now stand up to their PR with actual actions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Representing our county is now seen as a joke. Who wouldn't want to walk away from it.

What supporter will pay to see a team that bet against themselves?

hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

That's the burning question are we obliged to play at this stage or is it mandatory
I think a players vote would be fair IF we do have the choice
I would be on for pulling out
We need a redress of the whole county system and how we are preparing players for county hurling
And playing away with the club  will not prepare them for inter county hurling
And a lot of our top club players are not committed enough
Gonna take years to fix this with more resources put in at minor and younger
Let's try building from the ground up for a change
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2016, 04:47:00 PM
We have had disappointing league results.
Our manager has resigned.
There is suspicion that a couple of players bet against themselves.

That is not reason to tell a whole panel that we're wrapping it up for the year or even considering it. That's a kick in the stones to lads who have committed, who are proud to play for the county and who are probably hurting more than anyone about the year so far.

It's time to show those lads that the county are behind them and will do our best to improve things to hopefully end the year with some sort of positivity.

Pulling the plug would tell those lads "we're fed up with the whole fecking lot of ye."

How many would be willing to commit again if they think the county are just going to dump on them when the chips are down?

Well said HS - Back the ones who have commited.

btdtgtt

That is not reason to tell a whole panel that we're wrapping it up for the year or even considering it. That's a kick in the stones to lads who have committed, who are proud to play for the county and who are probably hurting more than anyone about the year so far.

It's time to show those lads that the county are behind them and will do our best to improve things to hopefully end the year with some sort of positivity.

Pulling the plug would tell those lads "we're fed up with the whole fecking lot of ye."

How many would be willing to commit again if they think the county are just going to dump on them when the chips are down?

Again valid - which shows just what a mess we're in.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a new invigorated county executive to step in an show some conviction.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 01, 2016, 04:54:45 PM

Again valid - which shows just what a mess we're in.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a new invigorated county executive to step in an show some conviction.

Again it's up to the players if you ask me
It's some mess
We haven't won jack s..t for years yet we have two big stories on hoganstand that's embarrassing and that's just today

imtommygunn

We haven't won jack s ever!!

Bad times.

Sleeping giant

110% correct and right HS. Let the players go back with the clubs.  Pick a panel two weeks before the Christy Ring and give it a go with the players that are proud of there county.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2016, 05:16:57 PM
We haven't won jack s ever!!

Bad times.

We won the Christy ring quite handy the last time we contested it now we are looking at pulling out of it
I wasn't talking about all Ireland's just matches like Kerry and Carlow etc

theskull1

I think pulling out is making a statement that things are not what they should be and rather than limping on half heartedly we need a moratorium to see if we can root cause where the issues are and put in place actions that will bring about the mindset changes needed in the medium to long term.

Brocky

I would play the christy ring but players with the clubs for training apart from a few squad sessions. Bring someone in temporary to look after it.

But it's fairly simple, we have a new set up at committee level,
It's time for them to show more leadership.
I think to be honest they have already have by getting rid of an inadequate management structure who simply treated the whole county with contempt. I suspect they already have some notion of a plan in place.