There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 11:35:42 AM
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=252907

It's just gone national

It's been a couple of embarrassing weeks for Antrim

Bad few weeks alright  :-[

btdtgtt

This story is a bit like a death in the family - puts people through the whole range of shock and anger etc while we try to process it.
And that's only for ordinary Gaels let alone what the people of cushendall are dealing with.

There's been occasions of money going awol in Belfast over the years - but nothing in terms of this profile.

While it seems premature - cushendall need a plan for getting over this.
And by that that I don't mean holding people to account (that'll deal with itself) I more mean holding the club and community together.

The media coverage is something which tarnishes our whole association - let's hope Cushendall can deal with everything.

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 01, 2016, 12:22:50 PM
The media coverage is something which tarnishes our whole association - let's hope Cushendall can deal with everything.

Doesnt in my opinion. It tarnishes the character of the person(s) involved. End of

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

There's more news on route.  Batten down the hatches.   :-\
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on April 01, 2016, 01:01:21 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 01, 2016, 12:22:50 PM

Doesnt in my opinion. It tarnishes the character of the person(s) involved. End of

From our perspective - yes.
But I should have made it clear in my original post that the whole GAA is tarnished by those not directly involved in the association. 
A lot of people just read that article and it tarnishes their view of the GAA in general. Same thing with free-for-all's etc

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 01, 2016, 01:02:49 PM

I know what your on about

Here it is
PJ mullan has just stepped down from the position as Antrim county hurling manager after a meeting with the county board

No April fools it's official
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 01:25:55 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 01, 2016, 01:02:49 PM

I know what your on about

Here it is
PJ mullan has just stepped down from the position as Antrim county hurling manager after a meeting with the county board

No April fools it's official

Source?

Seamroga in exile

He's resigned alright.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CentreHalfBack

It's true. Frankie has just sent out email.
New season - new reason

btdtgtt

For all the PR and spin and promises that we heard from our new saffron visions pre-convention - does anyone know where county officialdom have dissappeared to?
Nowhere to be seen or heard - I'm await the "we inherited these problems" response.

MoChara

Nothing Boring about Antrim GAA I'll say that, if we keep going like this the County Antrim Post will have to become a Daily.

imtommygunn

It is never easy being an antrim supporter.

This year will turn into an even bigger waste of time. To be honest we'd be as well pull out of the christy ring and play the club championship in the summer when it should be.

aontroim

A Chairde,

Ref; Antrim Senior Hurling Management.

At a meeting earlier today in the offices of Antrim GAA the current senior hurling manager, PJ O'Mullan, has decided to step down from his post due to personal circumstances. PJ would like to thank the back room team and the county board for their support and assistance during his time in charge. The county board would like to thank PJ and his back room team for their efforts and wish PJ the best of luck for the future.

Antrim GAA will meet to consider its options regarding the management of the team for the upcoming Christy Ring campaign.

Is Mise

Proinsias O Coinne

Runai Coiste Chontae Aontroim 1st April 2016

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2016, 01:48:03 PM
It is never easy being an antrim supporter.

This year will turn into an even bigger waste of time. To be honest we'd be as well pull out of the christy ring and play the club championship in the summer when it should be.

Now there's a thought  ;)