Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 25, 2016, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 25, 2016, 09:26:29 AM
Plane tickets bought to the USA for certain Antrim hurlers then.
One wonders why the sudden rush :)

I think some people are reading to many spy novels. They where betting illegally, they didn't whack the prime minister  and blow up MI6 when the where in London
I would say they where heading off anyway
Oh yeah, it was pre-planned. The oul spending money got a boost alright. They won't be allowed to hurl any more in the states as they would be here, if this investigation proves them guilty. who'd want them on their team anyway? Could you trust them? I mean, there's always money to be made at the cost of your team mates. Right?  I'd say that'll be the least of their worries though  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 25, 2016, 10:50:24 AM

I think some people are reading to many spy novels. They where betting illegally, they didn't whack the prime minister  and blow up MI6 when the where in London
Oh yeah, it was pre-planned. The oul spending money got a boost alright. They won't be allowed to hurl any more in the states as they would be here, if this investigation proves them guilty. who'd want them on their team anyway? Could you trust them? I mean, there's always money to be made at the cost of your team mates. Right?  I'd say that'll be the least of their worries though  ;)

SIE

You seem to be taking a bit of satisfaction out of the fact there is some investigation going on rather than being embarrassed that this was occurring in the first place.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on March 25, 2016, 10:52:55 AM

SIE

You seem to be taking a bit of satisfaction out of the fact there is some investigation going on rather than being embarrassed that this was occurring in the first place.
I've no idea what angle you're coming from here. . It's embarrassing for everyone that has anything to do with antrim gaa. Be that playing, coaching, supporting or whatever. I had taken that for granted. I didn't really think it was necessary to post it.

north_antrim_hound

SIE

Exactly
SIE are you heading up this investigation
Have the bookies got the law or the gambling commission involved. Are there prosecutions on the way
I don't think you know as much as your suggesting. All this wait and see there gonna get it stuff, Imm not buying it.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 25, 2016, 10:57:55 AM

SIE

I've no idea what angle you're coming from here. . It's embarrassing for everyone that has anything to do with antrim gaa. Be that playing, coaching, supporting or whatever. I had taken that for granted. I didn't really think it was necessary to post it.

No angle just an observation.

Sleeping giant

My biggest concern about this right now is that everyone isn't put on the same boat.  It was a younger lad on the squad who hadn't hurled much for his county that brought the whole thing to light, as long as everyone other than the 3 who everyone knows by now doesn't get tarred with the same brush what else is for it but try to get ready for a Christy Ring.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 25, 2016, 11:32:49 AM
My biggest concern about this right now is that everyone isn't put on the same boat.  It was a younger lad on the squad who hadn't hurled much for his county that brought the whole thing to light, as long as everyone other than the 3 who everyone knows by now doesn't get tarred with the same brush what else is for it but try to get ready for a Christy Ring.

Did you read the Irish news today Justin MC Carhty is talking about some our players that are supposed to be axed in relation to Antrims assault on the Christy Ring cup
He also says PJ will learn a lot from county management..... He certainly learned a lot this week

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 25, 2016, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 25, 2016, 11:32:49 AM

Did you read the Irish news today Justin MC Carhty is talking about some our players that are supposed to be axed in relation to Antrims assault on the Christy Ring cup
He also says PJ will learn a lot from county management..... He certainly learned a lot this week
f**k he did.  ???

Na Glinntí Glasa

a lot of lessons learned is right. Maybe people wont be so quick to criticise others without knowing the full depth of the problems.

Its yet another sorry story in our county, one i might add that had a fan fare of new people come in to change things. Nothing has changed at all. You go on the football thread and they are saying that the hurlers get all the money etc etc.

Theres nothing harmonious in this county at all.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Good luck to St Louis this Monday in the final of the Paddy Buggy cup in Thurles
Imm heading down to cheer them on as are a lot of Dunloy fans
SG and SIE are you heading down as there's good LG players starting as well
There up against abbey CBS so it won't be easy but they are a great squad

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 25, 2016, 10:59:12 AM

SIE

Exactly
SIE are you heading up this investigation
Have the bookies got the law or the gambling commission involved. Are there prosecutions on the way
I don't think you know as much as your suggesting. All this wait and see there gonna get it stuff, Imm not buying it.
You don't have to buy into anything. Sure it would have been better if nothing had been said then it would all have been alright. Just sit about until it goes away. Isn't that right nah? Thas how it appears from your first few posts on the matter. I'm glad it's out in the public domain. For one of might make someone else thinking about doing it think twice. A good thing? No?

I'm not involved in any investigation. But I do know people that are. My point to yer man was about this snapchat s**te that's being circulated on the rounds. I asked a few boys who messaged me about it to show me the proof. Of course none has been forth coming. If I see the proof of the aledged message then my point of view would of course be different. Until then it's made up nonsense.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 25, 2016, 12:16:02 PM
Good luck to St Louis this Monday in the final of the Paddy Buggy cup in Thurles
I'll be in Dublin. My young boy will be at it. He goes to St Louis. I believe there are coach loads of them heading down. It's great to see all the local schools doing well in the oul hurling.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 25, 2016, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 25, 2016, 12:16:02 PM
I'll be in Dublin. My young boy will be at it. He goes to St Louis. I believe there are coach loads of them heading down. It's great to see all the local schools doing well in the oul hurling.

Its great to see. theres a serious crowd from Dunloy heading down on sunday for it to stay over.

I met them all after their semi final win in the pub in Dunloy and they are a great bunch of lads. you can see that they all get on so well together and have a good bond. Would love to see them win the final!
hurl like f**k boi!

Hurlingballs

Always so quick to defend sie, not one person mentioned snap chat. It was infact a watsapp group and plenty off people have the proof. But sure argued away there about facts

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hurlingballs on March 25, 2016, 01:41:05 PM
Always so quick to defend sie, not one person mentioned snap chat. It was infact a watsapp group and plenty off people have the proof. But sure argued away there about facts
balls.  There's always clowns to make shit up.  Smokie himself said it was balls.  So spread your shit somewhere else