Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

A few guys (from 2 clubs I know of) will depart the squad. Quietly.
Otherwise this will be left to dissappear.
How can it be proven in an amateur sport?
Ask yourself in who's interests would it be to blow this open?
Nobody really!
But the stink will linger ie who wants to be associated with this cabal of players?

Sleeping giant

To my knowledge paddy power has been approached for print outs of the bets and for online user names and so on.   Nothing comes from it other than bad press.   But it should be aired and those involved dropped and suspended. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 24, 2016, 04:09:40 PM
To my knowledge paddy power has been approached for print outs of the bets and for online user names and so on.   Nothing comes from it other than bad press.   But it should be aired and those involved dropped and suspended.

Was Paddy the only one taking bets on this game?

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont think this will go away at all, its pretty serious stuff to throw a match that costs a bookie money. They will not let this lie at all.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Surely in these days of data protection you just cant ring up a betting company and ask for details on their betting records and client information?

I would have thought there would be legal aspects to have been gone through first before this was even an option.

Minder

I doubt they would have been stupid enough to actually place the bet themselves or use their own online accounts
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2016, 04:26:42 PM
I doubt they would have been stupid enough to actually place the bet themselves or use their own online accounts

Well if some are waving dockets about after the game I wouldn't be so sure!

Leftbackno4

Well given no one is naming names (or using initials) I think its safe to assume no Johnnies lads were involved !! 😁😁

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on March 24, 2016, 04:13:09 PM

Surely in these days of data protection you just cant ring up a betting company and ask for details on their betting records and client information?

I would have thought there would be legal aspects to have been gone through first before this was even an option.
for something like this am pretty sure if it was Antrim county board and made the situation clear that they would do all they could for them. 

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 24, 2016, 04:34:54 PM
Well given no one is naming names (or using initials) I think its safe to assume no Johnnies lads were involved !! 😁😁
::)

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on March 24, 2016, 04:31:08 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2016, 04:26:42 PM

Well if some are waving dockets about after the game I wouldn't be so sure!

:-\

Maybe not then ! It's not the first time I have heard of it with Antrim players
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

If someone is waving a docket there is no trail to follow.

No bookmaker will be giving anyone any customer details.

If you understand bookmakers or business - you will know it's not in their interests to have this exposed either. If punters don't trust the integrity of the sport then they don't gamble. No bookie wants that!

It'll be dealt with internally as that's all can be done.
And it will be done quietly because it can't be proved.

So as I say, again, the only real loser is Antrim county hurling.
Who'd wanna know anything about that squad now!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 24, 2016, 04:48:01 PM

If you understand bookmakers or business - you will know it's not in their interests to have this exposed either. If punters don't trust the integrity of the sport then they don't gamble. No bookie wants that!

I believe that was one punter in the big smoke.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Don't know about that
Ask Bruce grobalear or fashanhu or those jockeys that where in court two years ago
Bigger money at stake with those cases might make a difference compared to Antrim scenario
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 24, 2016, 05:03:44 PM

Don't know about that
Ask Bruce grobalear or fashanhu or those jockeys that where in court two years ago
Bigger money at stake with those cases might make a difference compared to Antrim scenario

They were only pursued & prosecuted - and by the courts - because the real target was the organised crime group behind it.
All of which was on an international scale of magnitude much greater than a flutter on a division 3 hurling match.

SiE - I prefer to think it's my business acumen not gambling! ;)