Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 24, 2016, 12:11:01 AM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on March 23, 2016, 11:31:08 PM
Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 23, 2016, 07:32:51 PM
'Match-fixing occurs 'when a player or referee deliberately under-performs during a sporting contest to ensure that one team loses or draws the match' (Source: Hill, 2013)

Perhaps Paddy Power should release the footage of the alleged persons that placed the bets.

Absolute disgrace.

Manager does not seem to be able to command the respect of the players but I'm sure it's not easy when some players have no respect for themselves.

Should be fully exposed and dealt with accordingly.
online gambling is the way forward am told.  f**king snakes.  Makes my blood boil thinking about this. The great players within my own club who have played for the county.  Don't think you'd have seen Aidan Mc Carry or Sean Paul Mc Killop do the likes of, it use to be a honor to pull on the county colors.  Now you've some of these lads that are happy with a bit of free gear and don't bother there arse.   f**king shame on you!!!   And I've a small feeling that a few lads have been watching this forum pretty closely for the naming and shaming we've talked about.  Or so am told. I'd say the smart men involved are shiting there pants now at the thought of it.  Not so smart now.

as much as I agree with you SG, these guys will feel smart until someone actually comes out and names them. They are getting away scot free until they are outed.
BTW has anyone thought of the legal implications of this? Is it fraud? I think they might have a case to answer

MoChara

Quote from: aontroim abu on March 24, 2016, 09:29:25 AM
'Match-fixing occurs 'when a player or referee deliberately under-performs during a sporting contest to ensure that one team loses or draws the match' (Source: Hill, 2013)

Perhaps Paddy Power should release the footage of the alleged persons that placed the bets.

Absolute disgrace.

Manager does not seem to be able to command the respect of the players but I'm sure it's not easy when some players have no respect for themselves.

online gambling is the way forward am told.  f**king snakes.  Makes my blood boil thinking about this. The great players within my own club who have played for the county.  Don't think you'd have seen Aidan Mc Carry or Sean Paul Mc Killop do the likes of, it use to be a honor to pull on the county colors.  Now you've some of these lads that are happy with a bit of free gear and don't bother there arse.   f**king shame on you!!!   And I've a small feeling that a few lads have been watching this forum pretty closely for the naming and shaming we've talked about.  Or so am told. I'd say the smart men involved are shiting there pants now at the thought of it.  Not so smart now.

as much as I agree with you SG, these guys will feel smart until someone actually comes out and names them. They are getting away scot free until they are outed.
BTW has anyone thought of the legal implications of this? Is it fraud? I think they might have a case to answer

I'm sure the Bookies would be interested in looking into the legal aspect.

paddyjohn

Absolute disgrace.

Exactly, all the chat on here only serves to feed their ego. Name & Shame them.

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 24, 2016, 09:37:08 AM

Absolute disgrace.

Exactly, all the chat on here only serves to feed their ego. Name & Shame them.

As much of a disgrace as this is, anyone who is thinking of naming people on here would need to make sure that they are 100% of what they are posting and have something to back it up.

While I agree with the sentiment and the feelings around this whole issue, these guys have lives outside of Antrim hurling.

I would have thought that the way to deal with this was through your club, if you have any information other than hearing third party etc then take it to you club chairman and have him raise it with our County Sec or with the county executive.

Milltown Row2

Bookies aside and lads betting against themselves while playing (which is illegal, first an foremost) was anyone, considering the results lately surprised at getting beat in London having went over the day before (not like they were locked up and off drink) and looking at London's results lately compared to ours, I wasn't shocked at all!!

I just annoyed no one sent me a text to get on London as we had players out and injured  :). Now that's a smiley face
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 24, 2016, 09:55:32 AM
Bookies aside and lads betting against themselves while playing (which is illegal, first an foremost) was anyone, considering the results lately surprised at getting beat in London having went over the day before (not like they were locked up and off drink) and looking at London's results lately compared to ours, I wasn't shocked at all!!

I just annoyed no one sent me a text to get on London as we had players out and injured  :). Now that's a smiley face

I got a txt but unfortunately the game had already started  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MoChara

Added factor that London still had something to play for as if West Meath beat Carlow they would be in the play off. I think the fair assessment would be disappointed but not surprised.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on March 24, 2016, 10:06:09 AM

Added factor that London still had something to play for as if West Meath beat Carlow they would be in the play off. I think the fair assessment would be disappointed but not surprised.

I'll go with that, think yes everyone should be mighty pissed off at these revelations but, it was handy to mask our failings' against teams we should be beating.... My view at the start of season was simple, win league and Christy ring cup!! We won't do that in two years nevermind this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Mr2 what a load of dribble
We lost by 2 points
Now do you honestly think that the players that had money on us to lose where trying as hard as the other players
If they where we might have got over the line
I find you last post laughable
Now you seem dissapointed at not getting the chance of making a few quid of antrims misfortunes
Your some man
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 24, 2016, 10:48:49 AM
We lost by 2 points
Now do you honestly think that the players that had money on us to lose where trying as hard as the other players
Now you seem dissapointed at not getting the chance of making a few quid of antrims misfortunes
Your some man

Yeah have to agree MR2 and I know you are trying to be firmly tongue in cheek with it, but I dont think expressing disappointment about not getting in on it is the way to go here.

Hard to see how any 'player' in their right mind would want to bet against their own team. But couple this with the drinking and lack of commitment currently and we are in a serious serious position here.

Sleeping giant

Regardless of the game meaning nothing to Antrim on the league table.  It should have meant something to them on a pride front.  Also if they cared enough to get staying around with Cdall players coming back. Should they not have been pushing to get seen as good enough or actually caring and wanting to be apart of it.  There is absolutely no way to dress this up for me am sorry.  Shame on them and anyone who jokes or makes light of it.  Shame on you!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

aontroim abu

Anyone fancy PM me the names of the alleged "men"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: aontroim abu on March 24, 2016, 12:46:20 PM
Anyone fancy PM me the names of the alleged "men"
for what purpose?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 24, 2016, 10:48:49 AM
We lost by 2 points
Your some man

??
Honestly

Tongue firmly in cheek.... Smiley face and all that.... But I not overly surprised we were beat considering the performances v Derry, Westmeath and Carlow? Match them against London's results and our team missing players for Sundays game.... But hey stick your head in the sand