Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

I wonder how will the gpa approach it?, it seems to be as close to indefensible as you can get. I presume it will be all over the media tomorrow morning.

Na Glinntí Glasa

think thats me done with supporting this county set up at senior level.

wasting my time traveling to games when its now evident that some of the players dont give a f**k about the jersey and would actually bet against themselves. unreal.

Its not them all, i have spoke to a few lads this past few months in the league campaign who genuinely love playing for antrim. it saddens me for the likes of them who are being let down by those who drag them down.
hurl like f**k boi!

ardtole

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 23, 2016, 02:59:54 PM
think thats me done with supporting this county set up at senior level.

wasting my time traveling to games when its now evident that some of the players dont give a f**k about the jersey and would actually bet against themselves. unreal.

Its not them all, i have spoke to a few lads this past few months in the league campaign who genuinely love playing for antrim. it saddens me for the likes of them who are being let down by those who drag them down.

Thats the very reason the guilty players need to be named and shamed and probably banned.

paddyjohn

Quote from: theboss11 on March 23, 2016, 02:40:36 PM
Insider betting, drugs and a bad manager. Why would any self respecting player want to play for Antrim?

Drugs?

johnneycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 23, 2016, 03:22:53 PM
Insider betting, drugs and a bad manager. Why would any self respecting player want to play for Antrim?

Drugs?

Salbutamol

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnneycool on March 23, 2016, 03:31:50 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 23, 2016, 03:22:53 PM

Drugs?

Salbutamol

Certainly wasn't performance enhancing drugs
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ardtole

performance enhancing drugs would defeat the purpose if you are backing the other team.

hurlingguru

I am disappointed and angry to have heard this last night. Do these players have no pride to wear the Antrim jersey, I would have given my eye teeth for the opportunity to represent my county.

I sincerely hope it was only a couple of players and that none of our management were involved.

The players need thrown off the panel asap

themac_23

I think we are going to have bigger issues here than players off the panel. the problem being that every man and their dog has heard about it. you can say we shouldn't speak about it on a public forum but the cat was out of the bag well before it was mentioned on here and the fact so many know about it shows how common knowledge it is. i really fear that croke park will get involved in some way over this, esp if it hits the media. Not defending what has been done but i also feel some of our players are going to made a very big example of, by all means id like to see them off the panel but thats gonna be the least of their worries i think, hope i am wrong.

btdtgtt

My prediction is absolutely nothing will come of it.
Other than the further demise of Antrim county hurling.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 23, 2016, 05:38:08 PM
My prediction is absolutely nothing will come of it.
Other than the further demise of Antrim county hurling.

Well if that's the case they can take someone else's money and sell the half time draw tickets to someone else
If nothing is done Imm outta here
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Jeepers Creepers

I'm sure it's not the first time or first county but at a time when Antrim hurling is at an all time low. Crazy stuff.

Leftbackno4

‘Match-fixing occurs ‘when a player or referee deliberately under-performs during a sporting contest to ensure that one team loses or draws the match' (Source: Hill, 2013)

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 23, 2016, 07:32:51 PM
'Match-fixing occurs 'when a player or referee deliberately under-performs during a sporting contest to ensure that one team loses or draws the match' (Source: Hill, 2013)

Perhaps Paddy Power should release the footage of the alleged persons that placed the bets.

Absolute disgrace.

Manager does not seem to be able to command the respect of the players but I'm sure it's not easy when some players have no respect for themselves.

Should be fully exposed and dealt with accordingly.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hirty Darry on March 23, 2016, 11:31:08 PM
Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 23, 2016, 07:32:51 PM
'Match-fixing occurs 'when a player or referee deliberately under-performs during a sporting contest to ensure that one team loses or draws the match' (Source: Hill, 2013)

Perhaps Paddy Power should release the footage of the alleged persons that placed the bets.

Absolute disgrace.

Manager does not seem to be able to command the respect of the players but I'm sure it's not easy when some players have no respect for themselves.

Should be fully exposed and dealt with accordingly.
online gambling is the way forward am told.  f**king snakes.  Makes my blood boil thinking about this. The great players within my own club who have played for the county.  Don't think you'd have seen Aidan Mc Carry or Sean Paul Mc Killop do the likes of, it use to be a honor to pull on the county colors.  Now you've some of these lads that are happy with a bit of free gear and don't bother there arse.   f**king shame on you!!!   And I've a small feeling that a few lads have been watching this forum pretty closely for the naming and shaming we've talked about.  Or so am told. I'd say the smart men involved are shiting there pants now at the thought of it.  Not so smart now.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.