Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

I would concour that constant lambasting of the previous  management is all your interested in talking about
To say you are bitter is an understatement
I think I speak for most posters on here when I say
" change the record" because we are sick of it
You now have the management and players you have said would be better
For the sake of Antrim I hope your right but I have my reservations if the end result will be any different
One of our most prolific forwards v Kildare decided to play 90 minutes of soccer on Saturday and got the hook at half time yesterday
Not a big shock as this lack of commitment is typical and a bigger problem than this years or last years management 

Most posters on here have the same good will for our county last year as we have this year
I don't think this post will have any influence on the personal pathetic crusade you have committed yourself to but as I said in the past every time your begrudged little irrelevant now snippets appear I feel obliged to respond
So go ahead knock yourself out

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

All I'd say to that is give the manager time to change things. He's been there barely 5 months, not three years.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Weste on March 07, 2016, 12:54:29 PM
If we can beat carlow and london, then we should have another shot at westmeath in the promotion final. Would the cushendall ones be back for that?

That's the only topic for discussion and I would like to know that myself
The dall lads might want a rest which is fair enough

theskull1

In hurling its quite easy for a 7 point win one day to be a 7 point defeat the next.

AFAICS PJ and the Antrim players aren't the focus of the sniping going on here. People are enjoying getting back at the sniping that took place last year from certain quarters.... whats good for the goose is good for the gander . Lots of folk last year saying that our performance level wasn't going to change drastically with a new manager and a few personnel changes. Its panning out that way. Regardless though, I'm sure everyone who considers himself an Antrim man wants the best for PJ and his team and will support their efforts. Important game this Sunday. Hope a crowd shows up. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on March 07, 2016, 01:16:33 PM
In hurling its quite easy for a 7 point win one day to be a 7 point defeat the next.

AFAICS PJ and the Antrim players aren't the focus of the sniping going on here. People are enjoying getting back at the sniping that took place last year from certain quarters.... whats good for the goose is good for the gander . Lots of folk last year saying that our performance level wasn't going to change drastically with a new manager and a few personnel changes. Its panning out that way. Regardless though, I'm sure everyone who considers himself an Antrim man wants the best for PJ and his team and will support their efforts. Important game this Sunday. Hope a crowd shows up.
I'll be at it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

likewise but could someone please explain why we havent a double header with the football? could the powers that be not of moved them two games together to get a bigger support for the teams this weekend.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 07, 2016, 01:07:26 PM
What SIE & Sleeping Giant fail to remember is that they consistently criticised the management & some players last year...and one player in particular. Posters on here won't forget that.

Anyway it was a disappointing result yesterday. I thought Antrim would win to be honest. Some of the players named by SIE as missing wouldn't make the slightest of differences yesterday. Hopefully we can recover quickly for the last couple of matches.
I fail to remember nothing.  I know what I said and stand by everything I said.   So we've lost one game.  Let's get the tar and feathers out for pj and his team.  The other clown was there for over 3 years.  And fucked up on countless occasions.    Didn't select the best players available and let a player rule the roust.   Pj has went out and got the best players that have made themselves available for selection.  And looses one game and you wanna start and play this game.   Fool!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

bannside

Kevin Ryan couldn't make Antrim work. Reasons well documented here hundreds of times. PJ a popular choice. Got 95% of the counties best hurlers to choose from. Everyone does want to see him to well and no one here has said anything other than that.

Let's hope he can pull this round. If he can't then it is looking more and more obvious that maybe it's not all so much to do with the managers at all - but whether or not we have 20 plus players good enough. I mean there's no point in believing if we just has two more players available we would suddenly be top five or six in the country. At the minute we sit outside the top twelve. It's been that way for a while.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 07, 2016, 02:06:30 PM
likewise but could someone please explain why we havent a double header with the football? could the powers that be not of moved them two games together to get a bigger support for the teams this weekend.

Absolutely baffling!
Does our Saffron Vision or our new found refreshing vibrancy not stretch this far?

Perhaps our officialdom might put forward the idea of a pitch not being in condition for taking two games - I'm only guessing?
One game on each pitch at Ballycastle not solve that?

This really is an opportunity which I don't think any other county would miss.

Milltown Row2

Kerry had a double header on Sunday, the first game was shit and so was the second!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2016, 02:45:57 PM
Kerry had a double header on Sunday, the first game was shit and so was the second!!

Didn't think the Cork Dublin double header worked overly well either. But I would be one for trying it and seeing how it works in Antrim.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2016, 02:45:57 PM

If that was Tyrone behaving like the Kerry lads did v Donegal there would be demands for ccc involvement and bad press galore
Not a bat in the southern papers about it
Unreal

bannside

Footballers got two good wins at Corrigan and just getting the feel of the place. No way they`re going anywhere. You go where you like btdtgtt!

cfclg

Lads lads lads enough of this constant nonsense with managers and players etc etc. If we had every single player available to us and Brian Cody (inc backroom team) we would still be in the division we are currently in. I am sick to the back teeth with our supporters having this arrogant feeling that we are better than what we are currently. Catch a grip of yourselves, we all need to take a reality check. It's going to take a good number of years of consistent incremental improvements before we finally get back up to 1b never mind 1a.

btdtgtt

Quote from: cfclg on March 07, 2016, 08:32:17 PM
Lads lads lads enough of this constant nonsense with managers and players etc etc. If we had every single player available to us and Brian Cody (inc backroom team) we would still be in the division we are currently in. I am sick to the back teeth with our supporters having this arrogant feeling that we are better than what we are currently. Catch a grip of yourselves, we all need to take a reality check. It's going to take a good number of years of consistent incremental improvements before we finally get back up to 1b never mind 1a.

I do believe I and others said our division is a fair reflection of our standing.
And on that see this article - resonates with what I've been saying about Antrim hurling:
http://m.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0307/773267-landers/