Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Jdyok - I acknowledge your point on saffron vision but they were openly happy with their mandate even if it was not unanimous. I've spoken to both club men and county men.

Mr2 - I have never expected (again) everything to be done - never said anything if the sort. But that 3 month appraisal would be looking for more than billboards and tweets. And I have no beef with the board - it's never personal - they've just had a really s**t first three months. (Which privately they don't dispute).

bannside

Our club delegate reported a totally refreshed and vibrant set up from initial meetings. Some small but positive steps taken already towards financial accountability etc. I expect Dunsilly to finish up a good facility and in a few years we will see Casement redeveloped to a highly satisfactory level.

I think it may take a few years but the current board will leave this county in a much better place than they found it. So while I understand that not everyone is an eternal optimist like myself I would ask that we keep things as positive as possible as one of our biggest failings has been the constant negativity we spout at every opportunity. Let's stick with this and give it a chance.

And if our PRO checks in here...keep up the great work.  Plus the website guestbook administrator is a helluva lot more pleasant than the smart arsed know all replies we we fed only a few years ago.

btdtgtt

Quote from: bannside on February 25, 2016, 12:52:28 AM
Our club delegate reported a totally refreshed and vibrant set up from initial meetings. What does this actually mean? They smile more? Some small but positive steps taken already towards financial accountability etc. What does this actually mean? What finance was unaccounted for that is now?I expect Dunsilly to finish up a good facility I very much hope so - did your Club delegate have any actual/real info on this? Or did it just seem vibrant and refreshing. and in a few years we will see Casement redeveloped to a highly satisfactory level. It certainly will - but that's long past having anything to do with Antrim GAA.

I think it may take a few years but the current board will leave this county in a much better place than they found it. So while I understand that not everyone is an eternal optimist like myself I would ask that we keep things as positive as possible. Blindly positive is still blind - I just want something more than tweets and billboards to be positive about.. as one of our biggest failings has been the constant negativity we spout at every opportunity. What's said on this board? It's just a discussion board. It matters not. Let's stick with this and give it a chance. Indeed.

And if our PRO checks in here...keep up the great work. Agreed - the PRO is doing fantastic work. Nobody disputed that or said any different. Plus the website guestbook administrator is a helluva lot more pleasant than the smart arsed know all replies we we fed only a few years ago.Good - the previous one was an embarrassment

I'm very much hoping that (including current board members I've spoken to) we get something positive soon. Something actually new and tangible that is.

Na Glinntí Glasa

lads i merely pondered a simple question - why in the past 2 months has nothing happened at dunsilly - nothing more.

i was hoping that with all the work that started that come the summer we would be looking at teams training on the facilities that ive sat and watched over grow every morning for the past few years.

hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 25, 2016, 09:18:31 AM
lads i merely pondered a simple question - why in the past 2 months has nothing happened at dunsilly - nothing more.

i was hoping that with all the work that started that come the summer we would be looking at teams training on the facilities that ive sat and watched over grow every morning for the past few years.

Look what you started.. made good reading lol

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

;) :)

I did say from the outset "cue the gauntlet rush of don't be so negative!"

Deep breath - be positive - everything in Antrim is on the way to glory. (and repeat).

theskull1

There was lots of fanfare the month before the convention about work starting again at Dunsilly. Is it possible that financial prudence was ignored ahead of electioneering prior to the convention and the current executive are paying for it now? Could be way off the mark.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

They were promised £800k of funding, but then again it was from the same people who promised casement park and that all the health & safety checks had been adhered to..........
hurl like f**k boi!

BigSmoke123

Jumping ahead here a bit but I hear that Paddy McNaughton is returning to Cushendall in the summer. Would be a good boost with few boys away

BigPat83

Quote from: BigSmoke123 on February 25, 2016, 12:44:33 PM
Jumping ahead here a bit but I hear that Paddy McNaughton is returning to Cushendall in the summer. Would be a good boost with few boys away
be a boost to Chinese sales in the dall. That would be the height of it. 

MoChara

I think someone must of been watcing the board, dunsilly rising  lol

Check out @GAASouth's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GAASouth/status/703301910397370368?s=09

btdtgtt

Young st John's lad Odhran McKenna in bad way after an RTC tonight.
God be kind to him.

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 26, 2016, 11:36:31 PM
Young st John's lad Odhran McKenna in bad way after an RTC tonight.
God be kind to him.

Some things more important than the GAA, thoughts and prayers with him and his family at this time.

themac_23

Hope the lad pulls through, in my prayers