Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 24, 2016, 10:43:31 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 24, 2016, 10:37:57 AM
The dunsilly one is one that interests me as i pass it every day on the training going to and from Belfast to work. Each day i look to see if something is happening and each day nout!

There was a real push there for a while but for that past 2 months nothing has happened. To me it means theres no money to do the work.

Maybe its about time we asked for a status update on social media to see if they come back to us about it!

Can't say much without the gauntlet rush of "don't be so negative".

Nothing has happened with these projects in the last 5/6 years and you were expecting it all to be done in the 2 months after Antrim Vision was put in place?? FFS lad, I thought you'd a bitta sense
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

i more interested in the building project as its something i work with each day. To see any project stood still for a long period is never a good thing. Its generally a bad sign esp if a big company is involved.
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2016, 10:53:29 AM
The dunsilly one is one that interests me as i pass it every day on the training going to and from Belfast to work. Each day i look to see if something is happening and each day nout!

There was a real push there for a while but for that past 2 months nothing has happened. To me it means theres no money to do the work.

Maybe its about time we asked for a status update on social media to see if they come back to us about it!

Nothing has happened with these projects in the last 5/6 years and you were expecting it all to be done in the 2 months after Antrim Vision was put in place?? FFS lad, I thought you'd a bitta sense

Totally agree, it would take a few months just to look at the books, see where you are and put a plan in place in order to not make the same mistakes again. things couldn't continue in the direction they were going, therefor you would have to plan what is going to happen, when its going to happen and in what order (priorities). Or would you just prefer to continue on the same ad hoc path which we have been on, stumbling from one disaster to another?. I would say just fighting their way through the financials (and finding a large debt) has taken a lot of time and energy already. Agree with the lads about the social media overdrive though... the next time i see a photo of Chris Kerr and his mates in the gym (as i tuck into my Chinese) i'm cancaling my twitter  :D

Gizzy15

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 24, 2016, 11:08:12 AM
i more interested in the building project as its something i work with each day. To see any project stood still for a long period is never a good thing. Its generally a bad sign esp if a big company is involved.

if its somthing you work with each day then what would you do? if you came across a multi million pound project that was stop start from the word go (both legally and financially) and you took over the reigns, would you walk in and start laying brick? or would you take the project apart, costings, legal holdups, current expenditure available, prioritize necessities and extras which could be done in the future and plan it your way?

btdtgtt

Oh dear MR2.
Who expected it all to be done in 2/3 months?

I said I'd prefer information about Dunsilly progress (and other things) from our new self promoted regime - other than as Gizzy said pictures of our footballers pretending to be boxers.

Do try to read the exact content.
Did you believe I wrote a post suggesting dunsilly should be done
- really?
I thought you'd a Bitta sense ;)

Meanwhile I will wait on saffron vision producing anything other than a social media campaign.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 24, 2016, 11:19:13 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 24, 2016, 11:08:12 AM

if its somthing you work with each day then what would you do? if you came across a multi million pound project that was stop start from the word go (both legally and financially) and you took over the reigns, would you walk in and start laying brick? or would you take the project apart, costings, legal holdups, current expenditure available, prioritize necessities and extras which could be done in the future and plan it your way?

It started with a bang and big wooohaa all over the media etc and then its stopped for months with nothing happening. If there is some sort of legal hold ups due to legal, statutaory approvals etc then it shouldnt of been started.

We were awarded £800k last year in funding from DCAL so money shouldnt be an issue. Antrim county are putting £100k of their own money into it.

Just get thing built ffs and stop with all this waiting. In the mean time our county teams have no where to play and rely on clubs to let them use their facilities while the rest of ireland develops newer and better facilities and we continue to lag behind
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 24, 2016, 09:42:39 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 24, 2016, 09:09:28 AM
Noticed there this morning again that there has been no work done at Dunsilly for quite some time. The building is up above cill level and hasnt had any work done to it in 2 months.

All this big push and pics etc online at the start yet its all ground to a halt again. From some one involved in the construction trade that can mean only one thing, the money isnt there to keep the work going!

Would love to know whats going on as it looks bad

I'm sure we can all say it's early days - but can anyone tell me what has been achieved by Saffron Vision so far?
What fresh impetus has actually occurred - where is this injection of progress?
But then again - I'm not sure what they ever said they would do!

So far, I've seen Casement covered by billboards to try to hide the shame from that's inside it.
And by the way, an explosion of social media proclaiming everything is fantastic within Antrim GAA just doesn't cut it for me.

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 24, 2016, 11:59:23 AM

Oh dear MR2.
Who expected it all to be done in 2/3 months?

I said I'd prefer information about Dunsilly progress (and other things) from our new self promoted regime - other than as Gizzy said pictures of our footballers pretending to be boxers.

Do try to read the exact content.
Did you believe I wrote a post suggesting dunsilly should be done
- really?
I thought you'd a Bitta sense ;)

Meanwhile I will wait on saffron vision producing anything other than a social media campaign.

You want to know about what they have done in 2/3 months, where is their fresh impetus ... quite frankly having the billboards up around Casement is a good thing, and something the other ones should have thought about also... social media is how young and old nowadays get information and creates an interest that's why we have advertising so regardless of looking at Chris Kerr its still generating an interest...

what was your realistic timelines for things to happen ? considering how long its taken for nothing to happen in the past? Suppose its hard to calculate considering it was a feck up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Does anyone on here know when the club hurling league fixtures are out?

btdtgtt

Ok Mr2 - I'm all for social media and billboards but must have missed the bits of saffron vision which detailed 3months would achieve billboards & tweets.
Can't wait for the rest of their tenure.
Maybe it might involve providing some information to Antrim Gaels about the issues DR raised for example - actually no - i will go follow boxercise with the rest of the kids.
I was wondering about information regarding competitions planning but instead maybe I will check if it's written on those billboards.
After all, they are one of the most positive things from saffron vision it seems.
Is there a hashtag or a like for them?

cfclg

Here's my 'Saffron Vision'. Let's just forget about Casement folks and let's put all our eggs into Dunsilly. Let's get it over the line. Let's make it like what Derry have in Owenbeg and treat it as our new county ground, something our elite athletes can train/play/recover on/in. Something we can be proud of. Casement is dead forever IMO. A bit radical maybe but let's look after ourselves here and make the most of a bad situation.

btdtgtt

Quote from: cfclg on February 24, 2016, 05:14:08 PM
Here's my 'Saffron Vision'. Let's just forget about Casement folks and let's put all our eggs into Dunsilly. Let's get it over the line. Let's make it like what Derry have in Owenbeg and treat it as our new county ground, something our elite athletes can train/play/recover on/in. Something we can be proud of. Casement is dead forever IMO. A bit radical maybe but let's look after ourselves here and make the most of a bad situation.

I agree - and don't think it looks like there's any other show in town.
DR's assessment isn't great and there a distinct lack of information never mind vision.

Milltown Row2

Geeze are you so hungry for information on Casement Dunsilly? go and ask someone on Antrim committee cause coming on here and basically stirring things and (no offence DR) unless you are speaking to the actual contractor for Dunsilly then getting yourself worked up over something you have no control over is a bit petty...

Ask yourself a couple of questions first.... Where you happy with what the previous crowd had done over the period of time they in charge?? How long did you give them before giving off???

I don't know Antrim vision lads personally but like most people I'll judge them on what they have done, so give the a chance  ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2016, 08:37:38 PM
Geeze are you so hungry for information on Casement Dunsilly? go and ask someone on Antrim committee cause coming on here and basically stirring things and (no offence DR) unless you are speaking to the actual contractor for Dunsilly then getting yourself worked up over something you have no control over is a bit petty...

Ask yourself a couple of questions first.... Where you happy with what the previous crowd had done over the period of time they in charge?? How long did you give them before giving off???

I don't know Antrim vision lads personally but like most people I'll judge them on what they have done, so give the a chance  ;)

I'm not worked up at all MR2 - I made a simple point which you erroneously jumped on so now you're making a different argument.

But since you did - if the most positive thing we can say about our saffron vision is that they ain't as bad as the last cowboys - then that holds as much credence as tweets and billboards.

As for approaching the board for information - well firstly a visionary board might have used their social media onslaught to supply it - and secondly I have! I can tell you our new board have recruited some assistance - you would be surprised who! Let's just say some have held previous county offices in previous administrations.

So basically I'm still to find your beef with a single point I have made.
I think there's a reason for that.

jdyok

Saffron Vision no longer exists. We have a County Board who delivered a comprehensive report to club delegates on Monday past. The main issues haven't gone away, but they are being addressed. It will take some time yet to see any positive outcomes. If you want any further detail then speak with your club delegates...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 24, 2016, 09:17:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2016, 08:37:38 PM

I'm not worked up at all MR2 - I made a simple point which you erroneously jumped on so now you're making a different argument.

But since you did - if the most positive thing we can say about our saffron vision is that they ain't as bad as the last cowboys - then that holds as much credence as tweets and billboards.

As for approaching the board for information - well firstly a visionary board might have used their social media onslaught to supply it - and secondly I have! I can tell you our new board have recruited some assistance - you would be surprised who! Let's just say some have held previous county offices in previous administrations.

So basically I'm still to find your beef with a single point I have made.
I think there's a reason for that.

I have no beef with the county board, you do....si you e asked questions that you already know from talking to the Antrim committee?? Are you going to share them? They are 2/3 month's in... If you started a new job and were given an appraisal after 3 months to fix the wrongs of the last person, how would you fair??