Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

It's D2 in fairness SIE.  And ropey at that.  Lol
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2016, 03:40:35 PM
Twitter credited it to nugent. Good win. Possibly tighter than expected but tighter games better for us anyway

Good win for kerry over laois. (Assuming it's finished)

Tighter games? Does this show us our true level?

hurlingstick

Quote from: NAG1 on February 14, 2016, 06:46:36 PM
Twitter credited it to nugent. Good win. Possibly tighter than expected but tighter games better for us anyway

We'll win that division for a couple of reasons.  That was arguably our toughest game and even though we were crap we won handy enough. We've big players to come into the starting 15.

NAG1

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 14, 2016, 06:53:47 PM

We'll win that division for a couple of reasons.  That was arguably our toughest game and even though we were crap we won handy enough. We've big players to come into the starting 15.

Who HS?

From what is out there at the moment Shorty sidelined with injury Neil and Aaron travelling, yes a couple of the other lads will come in but does that take us to a different level than today?

Milltown Row2

Very difficult to play quality hurling this time of year, if anyone watched the Waterford Cats game would have seen that....its difficult this time of year to be a cut above the rest... Antrim have the quality but they need to match the fight in the other teams to allow their skills to win out in the end, if we get into a physical fight we'll loose or just hold on for a win..

The win is all that matters, I expect us to be fitter and stronger as we move towards harder surfaces and warmer weather
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: NAG1 on February 14, 2016, 07:01:51 PM

Who HS?

From what is out there at the moment Shorty sidelined with injury Neil and Aaron travelling, yes a couple of the other lads will come in but does that take us to a different level than today?

There are 4 players missing from that starting 15. Eoghan Campbell, Ryan McCambridge, Carson and Shorty. Add to that the Burkes and Sean McAfee. Saul McCaughan will start as he's one of the best attackers in the county and presumably didn't start today as he joined the panel late.

imtommygunn

Very possibly. Not sure how many starters we are really missing. Would say campbell and mccambridge only certs. I'm guessing mccambridge is a cert now?

Carson might start but not a.cert.

Kildare gave carlow a game i see. Didn't see result but they were winning at half time too. I don't think derry will be our toughest game and think we could be in for a few tough ones especially on the road.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2016, 07:35:21 PM

Very possibly. Not sure how many starters we are really missing. Would say campbell and mccambridge only certs. I'm guessing mccambridge is a cert now?

Kildare gave carlow a game i see. Didn't see result but they were winning at half time too. I don't think derry will be our toughest game and think we could be in for a few tough ones especially on the road.

That was my point really, not too much missing and against probably one of the weaker teams and we struggled. Not being pessimistic but it looks like we have found our level for the next while.

Two Hands FFS

Toughest game?? Your arse!! That's a very poor Derry team. We've got Carlow & Westmeath who beat us last year!!

hurlingstick

Quote from: NAG1 on February 14, 2016, 07:44:10 PM

That was my point really, not too much missing and against probably one of the weaker teams and we struggled. Not being pessimistic but it looks like we have found our level for the next while.

We'll win our home games v Carlow and Kildare and away to London. After today it will come down to away v Westmeath which I think we'll win also.

NAG1

Quote from: hurlingstick on February 14, 2016, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 14, 2016, 07:44:10 PM

We'll win our home games v Carlow and Kildare and away to London. After today it will come down to away v Westmeath which I think we'll win also.

Got to love the optimism Carlow are a more than decent side.

imtommygunn

Yeah i would probably agree nag about maybe finding our level. There will be plenty of tight games.

Think we're still in a better place than last year though with squad and manager but carlow, westmeath etc will give us our fill of it. We've done nothing to merit thinking we will hammer any of these teams in a long while so we just need to knuckle down and definitely ensure no complacency.

hurlingstick

Don't think 2A will be a problem for us. We were awful today and still won handy enough. We'll be in the final v Westmeath I'd guess.

imtommygunn

Are there any slaughtneil players play for derry? Anyone at the game with a program able to answer that??

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2016, 08:35:08 PM
Are there any slaughtneil players play for derry? Anyone at the game with a program able to answer that??

2 started Mark McGuigan and Gareth O'Kane