Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand up

Pjs position on leagues will be based on the teams progress or lack of as with every other manager, if he isn't doing as well as we hope he'll look for the players more often. For Cushendall's perspective we would be worried if all the players called up, go we may as well train along with the County!!

btdtgtt

Anyone a gut feeling about tonight's draw?
Who would be the team to avoid - if Dunloy are not seeded I assume it's them.
In terms of the big guns - if a "lesser" side is going to beat Cushendall I would think you would want them in the first round.
Anyone think of the most interesting pairing or potential shock?

Na Glinntí Glasa

I assume it will be all on twitter as it happens the night?

Interested to see who we will get, as far i know were seeded. TBH i dont mind who we get whether it be Ballycastle or Creggan.

I dont hold much hope of us winning it as i feel were still a bit off from challenging for top spot.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 01, 2016, 09:31:16 AM

Interested to see who we will get, as far i know were seeded. TBH i dont mind who we get whether it be Ballycastle or Creggan.

I dont hold much hope of us winning it as i feel were still a bit off from challenging for top spot.

Same mistake again from me sorry! Yes Ballycastle unseeded and therefore the team to avoid!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 01, 2016, 09:51:56 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 01, 2016, 09:31:16 AM

Same mistake again from me sorry! Yes Ballycastle unseeded and therefore the team to avoid!

Yeah I would say everyone is thinking the same

imtommygunn

St johns rossa in the quarters.

Looks like ballycastle dunloy assuming ballycastle get past ahoghill.

Just Puck It

Preliminary Round
Ballycastle V Clooney Gaels

Quarter Finals
A. Dunloy V Prelimary Winner
B. St Johns V Rossa
C. Ruairi Og V Creggan
D. Loughgiel V St Galls

Semi Finals
C V B
A V D

Sleeping giant

That's it so.  Cdall big favorites for the three in a row.   Town V Dunloy has makings of a cracker!!  Any dates yet??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Just Puck It

How many times in the last 5/6 years have Loughgiel played St Galls in the first round?  Seems to stick out that's it been a fair few?!

I'd imagine dates will be around the same as normal.

Quarter Finals on the weekend of 27th/28th August.  Semi Finals a fortnight later, and final a fortnight after that.  Preliminary round played around beginning to middle of August.

btdtgtt

Cushendall the happiest team tonight despite having a certain other fixture on their minds!

At least I won't have any bother choosing which fixture to watch myself!
Johnnies done an easy double over rossa last year and showing the benefits of being seeded.

Disappointing draw again for st galls unfortunately.

Big test for the Paddies in the intermediate 1st round - gnm will be happier.
That championship is wide open!
Perhaps Carey to win it?

MoChara

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 01, 2016, 09:38:50 PM
That's it so.  Cdall big favorites for the three in a row.   Town V Dunloy has makings of a cracker!!  Any dates yet??

I'd have to say my money would be on the town this year, especially with Cushendall going to be without McManus and Graffin

paddyjohn

Quote from: MoChara on February 02, 2016, 08:55:49 AM

I'd have to say my money would be on the town this year, especially with Cushendall going to be without McManus and Graffin

I'd say McManus and Graffin will be home for club championship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 02, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

So they are just holidaying during the NHL period?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2016, 09:38:01 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 02, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

So they are just holidaying during the NHL period?

ASFAIK they are both away for a year travelling, that would include the club season unless something changes in their plans between now and then.

btdtgtt

A cynic might suggest they will arrive home somewhere in between the end of the county season - and the start of club championship.