Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Quote from: cfclg on January 26, 2016, 12:46:01 PM
Whisky and Doodaa.

The fact that there is some sort of rotation system between the two clubs as to which gets entered into what Ulster cship says it all really! Neither club is Junior level standard (I've watched both and know the county players involved). Derry county board should have you playoff in an intermediate final to decide who represents the county in Ulster. Its only one match but happens a lot in Co Down etc and you were only getting one match at senior cship anyway.

Did Creggan not beat Coleraine in the Junior semi-final a couple of years ago?

If Coleraine were an intermediate team surely they would of won the Ulster title then?  They have now managed to win Junior and will move up to Intermediate level. Not much to see here for me.

johnneycool

Quote from: cfclg on January 26, 2016, 09:56:26 AM
Essentially Antrim hurling leagues are now becoming an Ulster league for the elite!

Should we encourage this?

Perhaps Burt from Donegal and few others that want to take the game seriously will be putting their hat in the ring next year?

If it wasn't for the amount of travelling I would welcome this idea.

Changing times

The much heralded Táin league is on its uppers it seems and with a lot of other county hurling leagues not providing the games required are turning to Antrim for regular fixtures.

Speaks volumes for what Ulster Gaelic Football Association are doing for hurling...

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on January 26, 2016, 01:59:45 PM
Essentially Antrim hurling leagues are now becoming an Ulster league for the elite!

Perhaps Burt from Donegal and few others that want to take the game seriously will be putting their hat in the ring next year?

Changing times

The much heralded Táin league is on its uppers it seems and with a lot of other county hurling leagues not providing the games required are turning to Antrim for regular fixtures.

Speaks volumes for what Ulster Gaelic Football Association are doing for hurling...

Now Now JC sure isnt there a big shiny conference on the 6th of Feb - Developing hurling in Ulster. That should sort it out.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on January 26, 2016, 02:18:31 PM

Changing times

Now Now JC sure isnt there a big shiny conference on the 6th of Feb - Developing hurling in Ulster. That should sort it out.

In Cookstown?

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on January 26, 2016, 02:37:40 PM

Changing times

In Cookstown?

Well renowned as being a hurling stronghold  ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

i agree JC, the ulster council pays lip service to hurling and nothing more. All you have to do is follow the twitter page and you have blow by blow accounts from the mckenna cup matches yet nothing on the McGurk cup final. They would rather have went to the football match than an aul hurling match.

Even popular media like the Irish news has it columns devoted to football. We have benny tierney, aaron kernan, Philip Jordan & Danny hughes. How much bloody football do we need to read about? How about a dedicated hurling column each week about the local scene instead of constant flow of football.

Ive started to go off the paper as its totally football orientated.

Edit: just checked today's paper and we have 9 pages on football and one small picture & reference about the conference in cookstown coming up
hurl like f**k boi!

whiskeysteve

Whisky and Doodaa.

The fact that there is some sort of rotation system between the two clubs as to which gets entered into what Ulster cship says it all really! Neither club is Junior level standard (I've watched both and know the county players involved). Derry county board should have you playoff in an intermediate final to decide who represents the county in Ulster. Its only one match but happens a lot in Co Down etc and you were only getting one match at senior cship anyway.

Whether you think we are junior standard or not is a moot point in laying the blame at our door (why?) as when it comes to the tier we play at we were not the decision makers here.

p.s. the team we are playing in the junior final, Glenmore of Kilkenny, have 2 All Stars and 3 of the players have 8 All Ireland medals between them. How do we dwarf that from our lofty heights of getting hammered in the first round of the Derry championship by Swatragh?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on January 26, 2016, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 26, 2016, 02:37:40 PM

Changing times

In Cookstown?

Well renowned as being a hurling stronghold  ;D

I could get to Dublin quicker than going around the lough! Bet they wouldn't consider holding a football one in Loughgeil!

I still might go though, haven't made my mind up.

Na Glinntí Glasa

same day as the cdall match, thats whats causing me to debate on going as well. I want to go to both them
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Having this conference next weekend in Cookstown is a bit like having the Football equivalent in Loughiel on the same day as Crossmaglen are in an All Ireland football semi final!

I realise these things have to be planned well in advance but have a bit of sense, cdall match was always going to be on first couple of wknds in Feb.

Another own goal by Ulster council

cfclg

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 26, 2016, 03:28:42 PM
Whisky and Doodaa.

Whether you think we are junior standard or not is a moot point in laying the blame at our door (why?) as when it comes to the tier we play at we were not the decision makers here.

p.s. the team we are playing in the junior final, Glenmore of Kilkenny, have 2 All Stars and 3 of the players have 8 All Ireland medals between them. How do we dwarf that from our lofty heights of getting hammered in the first round of the Derry championship by Swatragh?

Ok ok Whisky you win, you're right and I'm wrong.

I'm only giving you the view that many people, who are not as close to the club as you are and don't have all the details, will have when a team that competed in the Derry senior county cship ends up playing in a junior all-Ireland competition.

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 26, 2016, 04:54:05 PM
same day as the cdall match, thats whats causing me to debate on going as well. I want to go to both them

This alone sums up the attitude toward our game.

Seamroga in exile

It is unbelievable really.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 28, 2016, 10:18:36 AM
It is unbelievable really.

Heard who your new senior hurling manager is. Good appointment I would say. The players will like him anyhow.

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!