Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Mileage rates better if he drives north!
And perhaps nobody wants him south!
Great news for Neil McManus - he can go in assistant manager and get a few pounds to pay for that travelling!
I joke. I joke. Honestly I joke.

bannside

When Kevin Ryan was managing Carlow he was able to put it up to Antrim then and even beat us a time or two. I'm still not convinced the poor performance this last few years was all down to KR. If PJ dosent deliver does it make him a shit manager too?

Or is it that in reality we just haven't got too many top quality players (if any) who would make a Kilkenny or any other top 4 team?

Antrim hurling has been stuck somewhere between 10 and 15 in the national ratings for a long time now. Sorry but that's not all Kevin  Ryans fault.

Sleeping giant

Yes.  Yes it was.  All his fault.  His attitude towards club hurling alone was an absolute joke,  wasn't in the gate of most clubs.  It's just a pity the two boys are traveling this year as id be fairly confident PJ would have had Antrim people happy again with everyone involved that should be.  Saying that.  I'd hope we will get the results we should and get to the level we want to be at and hopefully the two dall lads will be back to try and help us sustain it at that level.   Here's hoping anyway. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

paddyjohn

Couldn't make the Dub last night, what kinda game was it? See Saul McCaughan has joined the panel, great news.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 24, 2016, 09:10:54 AM
Couldn't make the Dub last night, what kinda game was it? See Saul McCaughan has joined the panel, great news.
scrappy enough affair am told. Saul played in the first game against Monaghan and didn't feature against down,  Derry in two weeks. 

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 24, 2016, 12:50:06 PM
scrappy enough affair am told. Saul played in the first game against Monaghan and didn't feature against down,  Derry in two weeks.

Cheers SG. All chat coming out of the camp seems to be positive.

Bonamargy

Creggan lost by 7 points. 1-13 to 0-9. Great effort from them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on January 24, 2016, 02:22:35 PM
Creggan lost by 7 points. 1-13 to 0-9. Great effort from them.

Wining at half time by a point.... Only scored two in second half it seems.... Expected them to do better in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 24, 2016, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 24, 2016, 12:50:06 PM

Cheers SG. All chat coming out of the camp seems to be positive.
oh don't get scrappy messed up with me being negative.  Not at all.  Everything is the way it's suppose to be.  Everyone is happy.  Can't wait for the league campaign. Saul is great addition.

cfclg

I have a rant to get off my chest:

See all these people on social media congratulating Coleraine hurlers on their victory in the All Ireland JUNIOR hurling semi. CATCH YOURSELVES ON!

Coleraine were beaten at the quarter final stage of the Derry SENIOR hurling championship by Swatragh in July. Instead of taking their beating like the majority of us and putting the feet up for the winter they decided to use an obvious loophole in the provincial council's rule book and play in an All Ireland JUNIOR competition.

No other provincial council would allow this to happen but I place most of the blame with the club themselves. Its a total disgrace and any victory here will be a shallow one IMO.

End of rant.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: cfclg on January 25, 2016, 07:38:06 AM
I have a rant to get off my chest:

See all these people on social media congratulating Coleraine hurlers on their victory in the All Ireland JUNIOR hurling semi. CATCH YOURSELVES ON!

Coleraine were beaten at the quarter final stage of the Derry SENIOR hurling championship by Swatragh in July. Instead of taking their beating like the majority of us and putting the feet up for the winter they decided to use an obvious loophole in the provincial council's rule book and play in an All Ireland JUNIOR competition.

No other provincial council would allow this to happen but I place most of the blame with the club themselves. Its a total disgrace and any victory here will be a shallow one IMO.

End of rant.

Maybe the Derry thread would be a better place to voice your rant
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

went to Navan yday to watch the Creggan match. Very scrappy game in the first half for both teams but the Galway men shot some poor wides. They should of been in front but creggan stuck at it and got the lead at half time.

Second half they hit two quick scores and that was the end of it for them. A Knockmoy were the better team and creggans midfield and half forwards won no ball from their own puck outs. The Galway men fully deserved the win.

From what ive seen of Bennettsbridge they will be the favs for the final. Going for back to back all irelands which is some achievement!

A great run by the Creggan men to get there but they just fell short.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

In general it seems to be a problem for antrim teams that when we face strong southern opposition we can't win our own ball :(

Creggan have done very well though. Good to see the likes of them and ahoghill improving so much in the hurling.

Did Bennetsbridge win junior last year DR?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah they won the all ireland junior last year beating the english side in the final.

The junior final this year has another KK side in it in Glenmore who won the senior all ireland in 1991.

Creggan brought McCann out from 14 to the midfield but that didnt work either, they just couldnt win the ball and even the dirty ball they lost on it as well.

Those are the fine lines in a game like that that you need to be getting in your favour. The Galway men had the possession over and over again and kept hammering the ball back in to their forwards. Creggans defence was prob knackered with the amount of work they were doing.

hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2016, 09:11:28 AM
In general it seems to be a problem for antrim teams that when we face strong southern opposition we can't win our own ball :(

Creggan have done very well though. Good to see the likes of them and ahoghill improving so much in the hurling.

Did Bennetsbridge win junior last year DR?

Good point - I fully agree. So often the case for whatever reason. I suspect physicality - but also how we use our bodies seems to be we rely nice stickwork - but Southern lads put the bod in to take control of possession.

Sad to see Creggan lose - I would have like them to do well also.
Was not aware of that Coleraine "loophole" either.
Do Creggan have a chance of becoming a Divison one/ senior club in Antrim? That would be great to see also.