Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Interesting article in the ATN today (not often one can say that).
North Antrim Report blaming city teams for not fulfilling fixtures - Rossa objected strongly and an apology has been issued at the behest of Joe Edwards it would seem.
My question would be why that false claim was ever in the report to start with?

BigPat83

Antrims Xmas party this Saturday night. It's a wonder the big man is aloud in anywhere after his antics a few weekends back.  :o

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 17, 2015, 11:55:57 AM
Interesting article in the ATN today (not often one can say that).
North Antrim Report blaming city teams for not fulfilling fixtures - Rossa objected strongly and an apology has been issued at the behest of Joe Edwards it would seem.
My question would be why that false claim was ever in the report to start with?

There was something up on twitter last week about that
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: BigPat83 on December 17, 2015, 03:10:26 PM
Antrims Xmas party this Saturday night. It's a wonder the big man is aloud in anywhere after his antics a few weekends back.  :o
😂 😂 😂 😂

theskull1

I think the fixtures issues are more relevant in the the B juvenile leagues

There is a separate issue in regard to fixtures in July and August. City juvenile teams to a large degree go awol. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2015, 04:19:07 PM
You would wonder how we managed to win the u16 and minor hurling leagues this year....

Joe Edwards spoke about this at convention and claimed to have all the evidence with him for anyone to look at, showing the claim to be false in all juvenile leagues. He wasn't challenged on this.
It seems that there are certain individuals in NA who are pushing to have city teams removed from "their" leagues and this myth is their way of bringing it about.

I spoke to a south Antrim board member about this - it's a nonsense claim.
Skull trying to validate it reveals as much as the original report.
Grown adults can't see their own childish prejudices.

theskull1

btdtgtt ... Wtf did I validate?... please put in print what you've read 'between the lines' of my post?

(Grown adults can't see their own childish prejudices) . Irony right there

And HS ... Its seems ... it seems ..... the paranoia knows no bounds and is indeed not grounded in fact. I for one have never heard anything of the sort mentioned, so take a chill pill in that regard. Most clubs want games and there could be gripes when some clubs don't show the right amount of enthusiasm to get them played as others. As I've said, more of an issue in the B leagues. The Antrim website will back it up.

The totally separate issue of clubs going awol in July and August is something that should be approached. Something wrong with bringing it up?

Seamroga in exile

Antrim played 4 games this week. Won them.

V armagh 5 27  0 07
V creggan 9 24  1 15
V down 5 20  1 15
V meath 2 19  0 17

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 19, 2015, 03:29:29 PM

V armagh 5 27  0 07
V creggan 9 24  1 15
V down 5 20  1 15
V meath 2 19  0 17

good results
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 19, 2015, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 19, 2015, 03:29:29 PM

V armagh 5 27  0 07
V creggan 9 24  1 15
V down 5 20  1 15
V meath 2 19  0 17

good results
considering the absentees they are indeed good results. Hopefully they can keep the good form going against Laois in the new year.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Watson scored 2-5, clarke 2-4 and johnston 1-4 against down. Hopefully can be a prolific forward line.

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on December 17, 2015, 06:13:02 PM
btdtgtt ... Wtf did I validate?... please put in print what you've read 'between the lines' of my post?

(Grown adults can't see their own childish prejudices) . Irony right there

And HS ... Its seems ... it seems ..... the paranoia knows no bounds and is indeed not grounded in fact. I for one have never heard anything of the sort mentioned, so take a chill pill in that regard. Most clubs want games and there could be gripes when some clubs don't show the right amount of enthusiasm to get them played as others. As I've said, more of an issue in the B leagues. The Antrim website will back it up.

The totally separate issue of clubs going awol in July and August is something that should be approached. Something wrong with bringing it up?

Skull your posts tried to mitigate the issue.
What was printed in black and white in the NA report was factually untrue.
And proven to be so.

U tried to bring in lower leagues as a mitigation - firstly that's not what was printed in the report - and secondly I see no evidence of city teams more at fault there either.

Just take a step back - don't try bring any half baked justification in - the report is wrong.

Once you do that - you ask the question as to why it was felt a slant against city teams was needed?

So yes - it was childish prejudices.
The report should have congratulated the winners - funny that!

theskull1

btgtdtt you get a complete rager everytime you hear of south antrim north antrim spats and now is no different.

The implication of what was said here was that the U16 & 18 league winners were hauled over coals in regard to them not fielding in the very leagues that they won. If that is the case then I'd expect the person that put that in their report to resign immediately due to complete incompetency.

btdtgtt

Yes. They should resign. As they have exposed their prejudices with lies.
I don't think you can blame me on the reaction this time given the blatant nature of this.

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 19, 2015, 11:12:45 PM
Yes. They should resign. As they have exposed their prejudices with lies.
I don't think you can blame me on the reaction this time given the blatant nature of this.

You do not know the precise details of the accusation levelled, but on you come here with such certainty. We can rely on armchair gales like yourself to blow on about how it should be done better when in all likelihood poor communication would explain a lot of things.

Heres an hypothesis that might dispel this notion of prejudice.
The NA report could simply have taken a opinion from the floor in regard to how the leagues ran off and one or two club delegates made comments in regard to games not getting played. Its possible that they accepted that to be the case. No one could suggest Rossa didn't respect the league last year, so its beyond me how or why their name would have been brought up, so I'd be very sceptical about the validity of what's been communicated.